Non-Lions Footy Discussion 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

“If the Blues didn’t have the money, then fair enough, let him go.

“But they went out and spent $700,000-a-year for four years on Dale Thomas.

“He may take the occasional specky and get his 15 touches but so what?

“He won’t win you a game off his own boot.”

????????
???????
??????
?????
????
???
??
?
??
???
????
?????
??????
???????
????????

????????
???????
??????
?????
????
???
??
?
??
???
????
?????
??????
???????
????????
*sigh* l understand you are trying to back up your mate, but you are wrong. He was talking about the eddie betts trade. The carlton fc could have kept betts if they had payed him what he wanted. The article was talking about betts wanted more money, which carlton didnt pay, so he left to Adelaide to get the money. He was talking the reasons behind carlton not paying betts.
“If the Blues didn’t have the money, then fair enough, let him go.

“But they went out and spent $700,000-a-year for four years on Dale Thomas.”

He wasn’t criticizing Thomas exactly, he was criticizing cfc for the reason they let betts go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

_1369324690.gif

“But they went out and spent $700,000-a-year for four years on Dale Thomas.”

He wasn’t criticizing Thomas exactly, he was criticizing cfc for the reason they let betts go.
Soo, criticising deals where too much money is spent (mis-spent)? You should have finished that quote;
“He may take the occasional specky and get his 15 touches but so what?

“He won’t win you a game off his own boot.”
Too much money for not nearly enough return.
I would take Betts over Thomas too, but Fev took a lot of money too (like Thomas) for no return.

Soo, criticising deals where too much money is spent (mis-spent)? You should have finished that quote;

Too much money for not nearly enough return.
I would take Betts over Thomas too, but Fev took a lot of money too (like Thomas) for no return.
The article was about the eddie betts deal, he did make a remark about Thomas but the articles main point is about eddie betts.

While this discussion is fascinating, I'd prefer to talk about Nathan Fyfe.

32 touches tonight, and a handful of great highlights, particularly with his marking.

But boy his kicking is terrible. I'd be interested in what his turnover count was, but I'd be more interested in how many times Freo turned it over within two or three touches of Fyfe having the ball. Always seems to sell his teammates into trouble, and it never seems to get any better.

That has nothing to do with the article.
We know that the article doesn't have anything to do with Brisbane, but James was drawing parallels between the article content and the fact that Fev himself ended up being a trade blunder himself.

You're super quick with the trigger there friendo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back