Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially pending no major upsets (and regardless of the Gee V Ade match) if Richmond beat North Melbourne the finals are pretty much:
1. Freo
2. WCE
3. Haw
4. Syd
5. Rich
6. WB
7. Ade
8. NM

If North and Geelong win, the first week of finals remains the same, but the bottom 4 order swaps around a little (WB and Rich still have the home games)

If North and Adelaide win it is:
5. WB
6. Ade
7. Rich
8. NM

I still think the Hawks will step up in September. They'll beat the Eagles in the first final and probably end up playing Freo in the GF.

As long as it's not Hawthorn/Sydney again

I'm thoroughly sick of those two sides dominating the Finals landscape.

Tigers v a WA team would be ideal iMO.

Go the underdogs. Crows vs Bulldogs.

Sure.

That would be OK too. Just think it's pretty unlikely for two bottom four sides to get through to the decider.Not only that, if results go as expected next week, the Dogs and Crows will play each other in an Elimination Final (6 v 7 )

It's a bit of a quirk of the Finals structure that it's actually possible to have a GF between the 7th and 8th placed sides......but not between 6th and 7th, or 5th and 8th for that matter.

Interesting report that Jetta ( Syd) wants to head back to WA. But apparently has put a line thru west coast due to the crowds treatment of Goodes and Jetta's response did another war dance during that match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any thoughts on American Jason Holmes, is he good enough to play?

He is solid athletically and if the modern ruck man only needed to play that role then he would be OK but I think he is fairly lost otherwise. Reminds me of junior Rugby boys who come over to AFL and in their first season look constantly unsure and out of position until there is a stoppage. He might get better, just whether he can improve enough to be worth the effort.

Yeah, that was my impression, looks ok in the ruck when he knows what to do, but general play looks lost and out of position, don't know wether its due to lack of fitness or lack of footy nouse or both, anyway should be interesting watching his development.

Yes, would be awesome. I've said for years to look out for when the Tiges rise up. Its finally happening.

...but in light of the tragic events for the Crows, what a story it would be if they won the flag. Don't think there would be a dry eye anywhere.

So who is everyone going for this finals series?

I'm going for Adelaide. Not just because of Walsh but I just really like their team. Did they win their first flag by finishing 5th or 6th ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back