ODI Tri- Series Game 3: England v India @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, he is. Although I doubt he'll get preference over Jadeja.

Seems like Akshar has lost his spot to Jadeja though as soon as he's fit.

And, although it's one game, given our batting struggles on this tour I can see one of the three pace bowlers making way for Binny. Bhuvi has been poor so far, so possibly for him.

And Ashwin will play most games.

Good thing we're not playing any WC games at the Gabba, from this performance. So I wouldn't really take this game as an indication of how India will go just yet...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like Akshar has lost his spot to Jadeja though as soon as he's fit.

And, although it's one game, given our batting struggles on this tour I can see one of the three pace bowlers making way for Binny. Bhuvi has been poor so far, so possibly for him.

And Ashwin will play most games.

Good thing we're not playing any WC games at the Gabba, from this performance. So I wouldn't really take this game as an indication of how India will go just yet...
It's a no-brainer that Jadeja should play as he's very handy with the ball, is an excellent fielder and scores handy runs lower down the order. Binny is a poor man's Faulker who can bowl between late 120s to early 130s and I reckon should replace Kumar who's a substandard player in these conditions. Irrespective of who the opposition is, India has to play Ishant - says a lot about their bowling when someone like Ishant is a must-have. However, their bowlers can't win a match on their own, therefore, the batsmen have to put out huge totals. The day their batsmen fail to score big - like they've so far in this series - India doesn't stand a chance against AUS, SAF, ENG and NZ.

Didn't see the whole first innings, but from whatever I saw, I think the Indian batsmen threw their wickets away; shots by Rahane, Kohli and Dhoni were completely unnecessary, the supposedly great batting lineup would need to perform exceptionally well for them to have a shot at the world cup.

Finally got a wicket that did something. Soon sorted them out. Bit different from the flat track rubbish we served up for the Test matches that nullified our strength, our quicks, making it easy for them to bat on.

It's a no-brainer that Jadeja should play as he's very handy with the ball, is an excellent fielder and scores handy runs lower down the order. Binny is a poor man's Faulker who can bowl between late 120s to early 130s and I reckon should replace Kumar who's a substandard player in these conditions. Irrespective of who the opposition is, India has to play Ishant - says a lot about their bowling when someone like Ishant is a must-have. However, their bowlers can't win a match on their own, therefore, the batsmen have to put out huge totals. The day their batsmen fail to score big - like they've so far in this series - India doesn't stand a chance against AUS, SAF, ENG and NZ.

Yeah I see them playing Jadeja, Ashwin, Binny, Shami/Yadav and Ishant, who I think will actually do well in the ODIs here. Got a really good record over his 9 games in Australia so far - 14 wickets @ 20.42.

I'll back our batsmen to score decent totals on the other grounds in Australia.

Pretty s**t game today, just going to have to write it off and move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back