Confirmed Official list changes 2014-15

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, we only have one veterans eligible player after Dom's retirement. I think that means we get an extra rookie spot or something though? Or does it mean we can automatically elevate a rookie?

Who's Young? Aaron Young is on our senior list and we don't have any other Young on our list.
Veterans aren't involved in senior list space anymore.

It's either:
40 senior list + 4 rookies
39 senior list + 5 rookies
38 senior list + 6 rookies

Port were the middle one this year if Young was on the rookie list, if not, then top one. That's where he is on the list I have, if it's incorrect I don't know if it's in place of someone else. Mitchell, Renouf, Gray, Russell + Flynn (Cat B) are already there.

Veterans aren't involved in senior list space anymore.

It's either:
40 senior list + 4 rookies
39 senior list + 5 rookies
38 senior list + 6 rookies

Port were the middle one this year if Young was on the rookie list, if not, then top one. That's where he is on the list I have, if it's incorrect I don't know if it's in place of someone else. Mitchell, Renouf, Gray, Russell + Flynn (Cat B) are already there.

Young's on the senior list, pretty sure they had 40.

So far we've delisted Dom Cassisi, Campbell Heath and Cam Hitchcock from the senior list, added Ryder. We've also delisted rookie listed Renouf & upgraded Mitchell.

That leaves us with a senior list of 39.

We have to make at least one more delisting from our senior list so we can have 2 draft picks plus Mitchell.

They only uncontracted players left are Brendon Ah Chee, Tom Logan, Ben Newton & Lewis Stevenson. The 2 rookie listed players, Sam Gray & Sam Russell are supposed to have accepted a further year on the rookie list.

I reckon we will delist 2 of the uncontracted players, having the 2 draft picks + Mitchell & the opportunity of a DFA or a PSD pick.

So Bourke to remain on the rookie list?

s**t, I had 39 originally but I couldn't find where I was missing a player - that's the one. So yeah, I think Brisbane will go with 39 this year with Robinson as the 39th and one less rookie.

I think that's all right except that some teams you've assumed will only go to 38 senior spots (Brisbane, Carlton, Sydney). I think they're allocated the extra two picks and they just pass them, but that probably affects how you set out the phantom draft. Obviously will also be affected by further delistings and any delisted FAs.

Melbourne's an interesting one. At the moment they're using pick 40 to upgrade Jetta and pick 42 to take Stretch f/s. I'd be surprised if they don't make another cut to use 40 as a live pick.

I haven't looked at the rookie spots, sorry. Too hard to keep up with those :oops:

yeah I think I am just goign to make it easy on myself and have all senior lists to 40 and 4 rookies.
thanks for looking over.

Sydney started with minimum 38 on senior list. 7 out (Malceski, Membrey, O'Keefe, Dick, Walsh, LRT, Lockyear) with 3 rookies upgraded - 4 picks left, 3 that are used on academy players, therefore currently one lice ND pick

With Mitchell gone, and Biggs traded that leaves two Cat B rookies (Naismith and Perris), which means 6 Cat A rookies (not optional) required + 1 Cat B rookies (opitional)

CC: grimlock

ok so you think they will stay at senior list of 38.
if they go to 40 then they will take 3 live picks in and have 4 Cat A rookies.

Going through the list as best to my knowledge, I don't have "third year" rookie info without individually going through each one, so no idea which rookies may still need promoting/delisting still

Osborn is a Cat B Rookie, so they will have 3 spots open on the Cat A rookie list.

Correct if assuming Brisbane will go to 38 on senior list. If so, will have 5 Cat A spots (-O'Brien) and 2 Cat B (-Smith) to use on other academy prospects. cc dlanod

Correct if assuming Tutt or Dick in PSD and if there's no rookie upgrades then 3 spots available on Cat A list, 2 on Cat B. cc zeeCFC

4 Cat A spots due to taking up 40 on list now, 4 delisted and 1 promoted, leaves just Gault, so 3 spots remaining on Cat A list + MasonWood on Cat B.

Still a mess. 4 left, 3 in, still need to cut at least two. Draft looks as you have it. No idea on other rookies, Steinberg needs to be promoted/delisted and I think Dell'olio to, although wasn't he on a senior list? 1-3 there.

Thank god there's a boring team out there :p

Yep.

This is another toughie because the indication is that they're going to 6 Cat A rookies but that doesn't make sense to me. I'm think it's likely to be 4+3 rookies. Hall will be promoted, he has to be. Osborne is gone so leaves Herbert as only Cat A rookie so 3 minimum and likely to put Preuss on Cat B.

I think they could go back up to 46 in which case there's 6 draft picks available. I have no idea what their rookie list concessions are but they have all the good Cat B rookies not taken in academy bidding.

As straightforward as beating Swans in September

Right now, as FS said this looks correct, though should be at least one more from senior list you'd think.

Best just refer to list B Tron made until Kangas actually get their finger out.

Hadn't realised they only had 39 players, could mean 93 is live. Assuming Russell, Gray and Young are still able to continue, it should be 2 spots open on rookie list

Matt Thomas remains, so 5 more Cat A spots remain with Ivan Soldo on Cat B list.

Pretty sure it's 8 out for Saints, so if there's only 3 RU + 1 PSD then that's 4 live picks. 4 spots on Cat A list as Holmes is Cat B, 3 if Weller isn't upgraded.

One open Cat A spot at the moment.

Looks ok, didn't someone say all the rookies left had to be delisted or upgraded?

Hope that helps, took forever! :D

Outstanding.
Collingwood will end up with 3 live selections in the ND and then upgrade Frost. To do that they will need to demote or delist. More likely Armstrong, Oxley or Ramsay will be sent back to rookie list with Gault leaving them with 2 Cat A spots and Cox as a Cat B.

Eagles have delisted Wilson and Carter, to nobody's surprise

Updated draft choices

Adelaide
Starting list: 40
Out: 7 (Rutten, Porps, McKernan, Graham, Petrenko, Johnston, Thompson)
In: 3 (Lowden, Cheney, Cameron*)
Live ND picks: 4 (+ 1 RP) - 14, 35, 43, 59 (86, 104)

Brisbane

Out: 9 (Brown, McGrath, Moloney, Patfull, Crisp, Lisle, Polkinghorne, Raines, Wearden)
In: 2 (Beams, Christensen)
Live ND picks: 7 - 44 (Dawson), 63 (Andrews), 67, 81, 99, 117, 135 (Clayton)

Carlton
Starting list: 38
Out: 9 (Duigan, Bootsma, Garlett, Waite, McInnes, Temay, Robinson, Lucas, McLean)
In: 3 (Jaksch, Whiley, Jones)
Live ND picks: 8 - 19, 28, 61, 65, 79, 101, 119, 137 (*one likely to be left for Tutt in PSD)

Collingwood
Starting list: 39
Out: 7 (Ball, Maxwell, Lynch, Clarke, Beams, Lumumba, Armstrong)
In: 4 (Greenwood, Varcoe, Crisp, Frost*)
Live ND picks: 4 (+ 1 RP) - 5, 9 (Moore), 30, 48 (85, 103)

Essendon
Out: 6 (Ryder, Jetta, Hardingham, Gregory, Van Unen, Aylett)
In: 4 (Cooney, Giles, Gwilt, Ambrose*)
Live ND picks: 2 (+ 1 RP) - 17, 20 (62, 71, 89, 107)

Fremantle
Out: 3 (Bradley, Gumby, Simpson)
In: 0
Live ND picks: 3 - 13, 34, 54 (72, 90, 108)

Geelong
Out: 8 (Christensen, Varcoe, Burbury, Schroder, Stringer, Hunt, Brown, Hamling)
In: 3 (Clark, Stanley, Blicavs*)
Live ND picks: 5 (+ 1 RP) - 10, 47, 55, 60, 73 (91, 109)

Gold Coast
Out: 8 (Brown, Bock, Murphy, Hunt, Warnock, Taylor, Allen, Hutchins)
In: 2 (Malceski, Hallahan)
Live ND picks: 6 - 8, 15, 29, 66, 84, 102

GWS Giants
Starting list: 46
Out: 8 (Hunt, Gilham, Boyd, Giles, Frost, O'Rourke, Jaksch, Whiley)
In: 2 (Griffen, Patfull)
Live ND picks: 8 - 4, 6, 7, 23, 24 (Steele), 80, 98, 116 (Finlayson) - (*allowed list of 48)

Hawthorn
Out: 6 (Sewell, Garlett, Lowden, Cheney, Hallahan, Kelly)
In: 2 (Frawley, O'Rourke)
Live ND picks: 4 - 31, 49, 50, 68 (77, 95, 113)

Melbourne
Out: 8 (Byrnes, Frawley, Clarke, Clisby, Nicholson, Blease, Strauss, Tapscott)
In: 4 (Lumumba, Garlett, Frost, Jetta*)
Live ND picks: 3 (+ 1 RP) - 2, 3, 40, 42 (Stretch) (53, 83, 97)

North Melbourne
Out: 7 (Greenwood, Anthony, Curran, Delaney, Hine, Nahas, Wilkins)
In: 4 (Waite, Higgins, Tippett*, Turner*)
Live ND picks: 3 (+ 2 RP) - 16, 25, 36 (56, 74, 92, 110)

Port Adelaide
Out: 6 (Cassisi, Heath, Hitchcock, Stevenson, Newton, Logan)
In: 2 (Ryder, Mitchell*)
Live ND picks: 4 (+ 1 RP) - 57, 75, 93, 111

Richmond
Out: 5 (Jackson, King, Edwards, Helbig, O'Hanlon)
In: 1 (Miles*)
Live ND picks: 6 (+ 1 RP) - 12, 33, 52, 70, 88, 106

St Kilda

Out: 9 (Hayes, Maister, Gwilt, Stanley, Jones, Dennis-Lane, Dunell, Milera, Schneider)
In: 4 (Minchington*, Shenton*, Templeton*, Weller*)
Live ND picks: 5 (+ 4 RP) - 1, 21, 22, 41, 78 (*1 likely to be left for Membrey in PSD)

Sydney
Out: 8 (O'Keefe, LRT, Walsh, Malceski, Biggs, Lockyer, Dick, Membrey)
In: 3 (Lloyd*, XRichards*, Robinson*)
Live ND picks: 7 (+ 3 RP) - 18 (Heeney), 37, 38 (Hiscox), 58, 76 (Davis), 94, 112

West Coast

Out: 6 (Cox, Glass, Brennan, Smith, Carter, Wilson)
In: 1 (Sinclair*)
Live ND picks: 5 (+ 1 RP) - 11, 32, 51, 69, 87 (Waterman) (105)

Western Bulldogs

Out: 10 (Gia, Williams, Griffen, Cooney, Higgins, Jones, Goodes, Howard, Young, Tutt)
In: 4 (Boyd, Biggs, Jong*, Redpath*)
Live ND picks: 6 (+ 2 RP) - 26, 27, 39, 45, 46, 64 (Cordy), (82, 100, 118)

Last edited:
Outstanding.
Collingwood will end up with 3 live selections in the ND and then upgrade Frost. To do that they will need to demote or delist. More likely Armstrong, Oxley or Ramsay will be sent back to rookie list with Gault leaving them with 2 Cat A spots and Cox as a Cat B.
Collingwood started the season with 39 senior players, can still have 4 picks at the draft now, there's 36 players (currently) on the list.

Eagles have delisted Wilson and Carter, to nobody's surprise

Does this increase Lucas' chance of getting picked up as DFA?

So do you have to have 38 on an afl list including rookies in 2015?
38-40 on the senior list, 4-6 Category A rookies (normal) and up to 3 Category B rookies (International or blokes like Blicavs from other sports)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stevenson, Logan and Newton delisted by Port. Logan will be rookie drafted and Newton rejected a contract offer.

Does this increase Lucas' chance of getting picked up as DFA?

Possibly, our final list spot will be either pick 69 or a DFA like Lucas, Newton (if he's eligible) or Lockyer.

Don't think so, he was offered a contract and rejected it which from my understanding makes him ineligible as a DFA. Would be a good pickup with a late pick though, sad to see him go. Apparently Geelong and the Saints (Alan Richardson connection) have also shown interest.

If that's the case and we can get into his ear we could get him in the PSD I guess. We'll have a pick before Geelong and the Saints are committed to Membrey.

Otherwise if he goes into the ND it'll be a question of whoever pulls the trigger first.

Last edited:
Mitchell upgraded at 129. Interesting, the last two live picks are right at the back of the draft, though (roughly bu my calcs) only effectively pick 62 and 64. Must have someone they've got their eye on at that spot to remove Logan.

Might have a DFA in mind. Taylor Hunt maybe?

Mitchell upgraded at 129. Interesting, the last two live picks are right at the back of the draft, though (roughly bu my calcs) only effectively pick 62 and 64. Must have someone they've got their eye on at that spot to remove Logan.

Yep, we'll be doing our drafting business when just about everyone else has packed up & enjoying drinks.

My guess is we will not pick up four national draft picks plus Kane Mitchell as an elevated rookie. I reckon we must have our eyes on a delisted free agent, or are keen on a Pre-Season Draft pick?

Collingwood started the season with 39 senior players, can still have 4 picks at the draft now, there's 36 players (currently) on the list.

When I use the word 'live' I am not counting Darcy Moore…..suspect you are.

Collingwood will only take those 3 selections unless they do what they did last year and slip a sly one in at the end bc someone they really rated falls through. That would necessitate them dropping someone to rookie list (Oxley, Ramsay or Armstrong) or delist them (more likely Ramsay as thinking is hasn't been given a new contract or Armstrong who I think only had a 1 year deal).

So Pies will go up to 40 on senior list (3 live + Moore) but will have to drop someone back to accomplish that.

If that's the case and we can get into his ear we could get him in the PSD I guess. We'll have a pick before Geelong and the Saints are committed to Membrey.

Otherwise if he goes into the ND it'll be a question of whoever pulls the trigger first.

Sounded like he was going to the Draft and i'd be staggered if wasn't picked up.

Was a really good junior but I think from memory he got inj a bit early and done well to pull himself back but if they stay fit he's going to find it a struggle. Would have thought WCE, Saints and possibly Pies, Dogs would be the ones interested in him.

Might have a DFA in mind. Taylor Hunt maybe?

Stay away - he is one I'd like Collingwood to pull the trigger on. Reckon GWS would be v keen on him as well as a tagger. Would allow them to keep Palmer as a defensive fwd permanently and let Bugg settle to HB. If they could throw Hunt at opposition best midfielder and then have Ward, Whitfield, Griffen, Shiel, Treloar and Kelly off the leash then that could really improve them.

When I use the word 'live' I am not counting Darcy Moore…..suspect you are.

Collingwood will only take those 3 selections unless they do what they did last year and slip a sly one in at the end bc someone they really rated falls through. That would necessitate them dropping someone to rookie list (Oxley, Ramsay or Armstrong) or delist them (more likely Ramsay as thinking is hasn't been given a new contract or Armstrong who I think only had a 1 year deal).

So Pies will go up to 40 on senior list (3 live + Moore) but will have to drop someone back to accomplish that.
Just to clarify, you expect someone else to be delisted off senior list and Collingwood to go in with #48 live and #85 to be used on upgrading Frost, instead of as it stands now with #48 being used for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back