14k - Showdown seekers from o'er the dale
02k - Cats, dogs, budgerigars, y-front pythons
19k - Power season tickets

08k - Magpies members
11k - Junior memberships given away free
14k - Showdown seekers from o'er the dale
02k - Cats, dogs, budgerigars, y-front pythons
19k - Power season tickets

I call bullshyte. Lets get the AFL to audit these supposed Power season tickets!

Take one off as I am not worthy.
You get what you deserve and I don't know where my pen is. :(

so i have an interstate membership. i get two tickets to watch at ao, permitting its not a sold out game (yet to fly oved and use these tickets) and two tickets to watch in my home state of WA. (ports here twice this year, Win! on my account). so the question is, do members such as myself count in relation to a clubs membership count?

The AFL count you

How is this membership related?
It's not really, but given the level of interest in PAFC right now, I daresay that the attraction of a home preliminary final at the new home of football would very quickly result in tickets becoming as rare as Fremantle premierships :)

It's not really, but given the level of interest in PAFC right now, I daresay that the attraction of a home preliminary final at the new home of football would very quickly result in tickets becoming as rare as Fremantle premierships :)
Ah well 10 games from now we might get into discussing this.

Why does the sma membership need to be audited? There is access to both clubs home games so therefore it's a membership for both teams.

If I went out and bought a crows membership but told them "I don't support the crows so you can't count me in the numbers" what would happen.

Plus half the people I know with these sma tickets share them with a crows supporter to cut the cost in half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does the sma membership need to be audited? There is access to both clubs home games so therefore it's a membership for both teams.

If I went out and bought a crows membership but told them "I don't support the crows so you can't count me in the numbers" what would happen.

Plus half the people I know with these sma tickets share them with a crows supporter to cut the cost in half.

Because at Footy Park the old category 1 / ultimate /Premier membership the SANFL paid the clubs the same amount to both clubs that the AFL pays to all 18 clubs when a member ticks a club support box. For 2012 and 2013 for each adult members the SANFL paid both $138 if they bought a 22 game SANFL membership out of approx $450 fee. If someone who was an AFL adult member say ticked the carlton support box then the AFL would give carlton $138. Those AFL members who have ticket a club support box are counted in the official totals of the relevant clubs.

My understanding is the AOSMA Football members membership fee is 100% kept by the SANFL. If that is the case then both clubs can probably wipe off 8,000 members as they are no different to MCC members who aren't counted in the club totals.

From today's 'Tsier - the story with Jakey Nease and Byron's boys

PORT Adelaide has created the AFL’s first junior membership package for indigenous youth, boosting the power of its community programs with Aboriginal children.

And the Crows are putting charity before membership dollars by donating all money from three-game memberships sold by the Variety group to the cause assisting sick and disadvantaged children in SA.

The two SA-based clubs have turned the membership drive beyond bragging rights to deliver a meaningful return in the community.

Port’s indigenous junior membership - which sells for $35 and is limited to 200 memberships - is part of the Power’s mission to strengthen its bond with Aboriginal youth.

A week after another successful Power Aboriginal Cup carnival, Port has based its indigenous membership on the jumper second-year forward Jake Neade designed for the club’s away game in Darwin last season. Port played that fixture against the Bulldogs in Neade’s home province, the Northern Territory.

The launch of the new membership is timed with the AFL Indigenous Round. Port will play in the first AFL match for premiership points in Alice Springs when it faces Melbourne on Saturday.

“It’s a great time to launch this during the Indigenous Round and to continue the great work the club is doing with its indigenous programs,” Neade said. “It’s great that Port Adelaide has designed the first membership pack for indigenous kids.

“Playing in Alice Springs is good too; it’s a chance for the club to spread our brand.”

Variety is selling Adelaide’s three-game memberships - which offer access to any three of the Crows’ home matches except next month’s Showdown with the Power - and keeping the proceeds to boost its programs with special kids.

These memberships sell for $85 for adults and $25 to children. Port’s membership tally rose to 54,022 yesterday.

The Crows’ tally was at 57,231 last night.

Awesome. Too bad none of them are real. I've heard (from a reliable sauce) that it is a figure made up by the PAFC.

SWEET - that would indicate that EVERY supporter that has attended the games at AO so far this year bought a ticket either pre game or on game day... this means we will make a profit in the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars per match as ticket sales outside of membership is where the profit comes from!!!

Gotta be happy with that!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back