Universal Love PAFC International

Remove this Banner Ad

Attention: Killer Power

AUSTRALIA NETWORK is also on I-Cable Network, Channel 153...
as well as NOW Broadband, Channel 541.

Your hotel should have one or the other or both.

Cheers.

Extract from KT's just-released update on the PAFC website:

" 1. Port Adelaide AFL (playing as the Power)

" 2. Port Adelaide SANFL League (playing as the Magpies and retaining our traditional guernsey)
This team is made up of those players not selected for the AFL team each week and members from a pool of 15 contracted SANFL-only players. As of today the SANFL has allowed us to contract players to this list without an age-cap. In return, the salary cap for these players has been significantly reduced.

" 3. Port Adelaide SANFL Reserves (also as the Magpies and wearing the traditional guernsey)
From 2014 onwards this team will be our elite talent academy made up largely of 18-22 year old players. Our pool of 15 League-contracted players will be able to play at this level.

" 4. A series of youth development academies including a country and indigenous development program, an international player pathway, a father/son academy (much like those used by Victorian AFL clubs) and a metropolitan development program.

" In 2014 we are required and will continue to operate junior Magpie teams in the U18, U16 and junior talent squad competitions. "

The rest of KT's summary makes equally good reading.

200 kilometres away as at time of posting, moving straight at us at 20 kph.

Mother Nature’s version of the Ray Gabelich run in the 1964 VFL Grand Final.

Goodbye cruel world!

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

And what's left of him? The phrase: GONE FOR A BURTON.

Not even that, according to Wikipedia.

Sounds like Big Trouble in little Lockhart Rd

Lockhart Road is in fact a mile long, action concentrated these days at the western end.

We had the US Navy in occupation last week - USS Blue Ridge Command Ship, 2000 hands on the town - supposedly for four nights from Wednesday which is the usual liberty period, but they hightailed out to sea on Friday to get away from the typhoon.

Observatory announced Number 8 signal going up before 7:00 pm HK time, 8:30 SA time.
It means an enforced holiday probably all day tomorrow. Sounds fine unless you work from home as I do.

Rumour has it maximum signal Number 10 may be up by morning. That's a Super Typhoon.

You can all get out from under your beds.

Typhoon gone for a Burton and No. 8 signal lowered, replaced by No. 3 which means we can all get back to work.

Lotta disappointed faces on the streets. People expected a holiday.
As for me, I remain my usual phlegmatic self, whatever that means.

You can all get out from under your beds.

Typhoon gone for a Burton and No. 8 signal lowered, replaced by No. 3 which means we can all get back to work.

Lotta disappointed faces on the streets. People expected a holiday.
As for me, I remain my usual phlegmatic self, whatever that means.

Phlegmatic? I believe that has something to do with excess phlegm production ;) .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Storm was scared to come up against Lockhart 'Jack Burton' Road. Storm knew it was toast when LR proudly announced "Everybody relax, I'm here"

Well, something like that.

At least I was there on Saturday night after watching Freo vs Swans in the Dog House, which is more than I can say for the US Navy.

Just caught sight of a piece by Kym Morgan on adelaidenow that's relevant to this gone-too-quiet thread.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...loving-our-footy/story-fnii00l5-1226815871730

The Hong Kong Dragons Football Club get involved in some of the annual Asian tournaments with the Bintangs and other regional clubs.

Great to read how the game is spreading fast north of REH's Central Corridor. Bring on PAFC's first Asian international rookie.

Just caught sight of a piece by Kym Morgan on adelaidenow that's relevant to this gone-too-quiet thread.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...loving-our-footy/story-fnii00l5-1226815871730

The Hong Kong Dragons Football Club get involved in some of the annual Asian tournaments with the Bintangs and other regional clubs.

Great to read how the game is spreading fast north of REH's Central Corridor. Bring on PAFC's first Asian international rookie.

It's not my central corridor but I talk about it a bit. The club is following thru....

Carlile celebrates Lunar New Year
PORT Adelaide’s Australia Post AFL Multicultural Ambassador, Alipate Carlile, celebrated the Lunar New Year last Saturday with the Chinatown Association of South Australia.

This highly energetic event was held at Ming’s Palace, Chinatown, where prominent members of Adelaide’s Chinese community officially kicked off the Year of the Horse celebrations with singing, dancing and feasting on an elaborate Chinese banquet.

After dinner, Carlile took to the stage and talked about how the Port Adelaide Football Club is partnering with a range of government and corporate entities to engage multicultural communities throughout Adelaide.

He also talked about the club’s Central Corridor strategy right through to Asia and how we are expanding our reach beyond the state and into national markets.

Carlile then presented signed Power memorabilia to a lucky raffle winner and thanked the Chinatown Association for welcoming himself and the Port Adelaide Football Club into the broader Chinese Community.

He finished off by inviting everyone to get in touch with the club and come along and cheer on the Power at the first home game against the Crows at the Adelaide Oval.

Carlile celebrates Lunar New Year

CarlileZhang246_246X316.jpg

I wasn't invited ! faquito were you invited ?

Bobby really booking his spot on the next Hong Kong work expedition.

Great to see the Club getting more into the Lunar New Year spirit than just announcing a new Joint Major Sponsor (with HK/China links) on the first day of the Year of the Horse.

26 degrees up here at present. More beer-drinking weather!
YUM SING !! (Bottoms up!)

Aussies in the Asian region have recently become concerned about the future of the ABC's TV service: Australia Network.
Crusades have been initiated by round-robin email including stuff like 'email your member of parliament and save the Network.'

I decided to supplement this approach with one of my own. I decided to email KT on the matter.
A couple of weeks ago I sent him the following:

Dear Keith,
Rumours have surfaced that the Abbott Government is considering doing away with AUSTRALIA NETWORK (ABC) – the country’s TV carrier all across Asia.
This seems to happen every time a new administration comes in and new brooms get to work with very short handles and no eye for the big picture.
Should this indeed be happening, one of the plans under threat will be our own GRAND FINAL DAY COACHING CLINIC AND LUNCH at the Hong Kong Football Club.

Direct telecast of the Grand Final via Australia Network has been the raison detre for the annual Event in Hong Kong.
AFL HQ should be extremely concerned, and should get involved in shooting this abominable idea down before it sees the light of day.
This link says it all: http://www.afl.com.au/tv-radio/international-broadcast-partners
David Koch on Sunrise could put a touch of gentlemanly vehemence to the crusade.

Let me know if further information is required.

Our CEO has now replied with the following:
Thanks for the heads up re TV coverage.
Please see the response from the AFL.
Good to know that they are across it.
KT

He was referring to the response he himself had received from the AFL's Media Relations Manager, Patrick Keane:
Gday Keith
Jude Donnelly, our govt relations person, has been aware of this issue and in her talks with Canberra her expectation is that it will be resolved, and that’s the info she’s given our broadcasting guys under Simon Lethlean, to relay back to a couple of other queries we have had.
Patrick

I'm posting this on the 'PAFC International' thread to let fellow Aussies in Asia know about this positive light on proceedings.

I also get the feeling that the AFL is quickly growing into something with political clout, and that KT is indeed nicely 'in' with them.

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

As classic as Showdown 35.

Several informative posts on International Membership, to be found from Canoogs opener at the bottom of page 121 of the 'PAFC 2014 Membership Tally' thread and running for a few pages.

Several informative posts on International Membership, to be found from Canoogs opener at the bottom of page 121 of the 'PAFC 2014 Membership Tally' thread and running for a few pages.
Buggar! Signed up to AFL TV 2 weeks ago. This is a much better option. Good value to!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back