Roast Poor Crowd Turnout Last Night

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not alone.

Tigers vs Bombers just got their lowest MCG crowd since 1992.

Yep, the AFL is thriving.:drunk:

Yep - Great to see no one wants to go to AFL Games anymore.

AFL will love it though as they have more TV Viewers so they get more money from the TV Channels

We're not alone.

Tigers vs Bombers just got their lowest MCG crowd since 1992.

Yep, the AFL is thriving.:drunk:
To be fair, it was absolutely pissing down. Not ideal weather when you can just stay at home and watch it live.

Live TV is what kills attendances, and the AFL can do nothing about it.

To be fair, it was absolutely pissing down. Not ideal weather when you can just stay at home and watch it live.

Live TV is what kills attendances, and the AFL can do nothing about it.

AFL does not mind that because means more money from the TV Channels

I went on Friday with my little one
Been to every game this year.
I outlay $1,700 for 5 AFL Memberships - stupid to pay & not go.
Crap crowd, but suited me.
Went upstairs to level N - plenty of empty seats.
Sat in N19 - Row B - dead set middle.
Sometimes a smaller attendance is a good thing.
Get to sit in the best seats in the house if you are clever enough :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is almost as cringe as Channel 7 showing a picture in picture of Joffa while a Collingwood player lined up for goal last night.

TradeDraft flip flops more than a U.S politician. Just last week you said something along the lines of "It Be Understandable IF fans Don't Show up to Last Two Games".

Can't have your cake and eat it too. Oh and where is the T.D random thoughts mega thread for your convoluted dribble?
Really don't get the need to show Joffa on tv during our games.

Really don't get the need to show Joffa on tv during our games.
I don't see the problem.
Is there a dislike for Joffa in general among supporters?

I went on Friday with my little one
Been to every game this year.
I outlay $1,700 for 5 AFL Memberships - stupid to pay & not go.
Crap crowd, but suited me.
Went upstairs to level N - plenty of empty seats.
Sat in N19 - Row B - dead set middle.
Sometimes a smaller attendance is a good thing.
Get to sit in the best seats in the house if you are clever enough :)
You sat in N19??? I was sitting their ahahaha. Were you the dude with the kid?

He had to go shopping...to buy that handbag...
He must have waited since mid 2000 to pull that out to remind us of the old handbags

Real fans turned up last night. When we are talking ballots for GF tix, they should just check who went to last night's match for exemption.
They still only give 590 tickets lol
If you sponsor big dollars then GF tix they be yours
Otherwise ebay is your friend
Or MCC membership

I don't see the problem.
Is there a dislike for Joffa in general among supporters?
I think you will find that the general thoughts would be show him once or so thats ok, when they show him again and again and again, thats annoying.
But thats tv for you, keeping simple images with colour on repeat. Create image thats simple, thats a stereotype and repeat ad nauseum. Doubt they realise how annoying it is.
Eg i get that they show Eddie at times but when its non stop its frustrating etc.
At the tennis whats the deal with showing the box with players entourage- like they are the most holy people in the world.
There ive got that off my chest

They still only give 590 tickets lol
If you sponsor big dollars then GF tix they be yours
Otherwise ebay is your friend
Or MCC membership

Full AFL Membership virtually guarantees you a Grand Final final ticket.
I get tickets easily every year.
Competing Clubs get first choice day before others.
Last year even some silver members got tickets.
I know MCC Members that have missed out on tickets.
They have ballot.

Bad crowd yes but do you blame Collingwood fans for not turning up. If I was going to do the breakdown I would of said 25,000 cat fans to 15,000 pie fans which is about half what Collingwood get to normal away games in Melbourne.

And as for someone who said Geelong are a small club they are more like a mid size club similar to say St.Kilda and Melbourne who would get 25-30,000 to their home games when winning.

Obviously Collingwood when winning would constantly attract 40-50,000 fans with a couple of games against Sydney in 2013 and west coast in 2012 where Collingwood their would of been 55,000 pie fans

Full AFL Membership virtually guarantees you a Grand Final final ticket.
I get tickets easily every year.
Competing Clubs get first choice day before others.
Last year even some silver members got tickets.
I know MCC Members that have missed out on tickets.
They have ballot.
Excellent point, you are right.
Lets hope you get to use your magpie allotment soon for a Collingwood grand final

I don't judge those who don't wish to attend as they have right to make that choice especially after making a financial sacrifice to buy a membership. Anyway it was a great night on Friday and it was more special being a part of the collective who ended up going to watch the boys live pull off an impressive victory against a team who's season was on the line.

The sight of the Ponsford End being half-empty isn't good but it's been a recurring problem for a few years now and despite the club's best attempts to address the problem at the end of last year it seems the current initiatives of the active area has not worked for whatever reason that may be.

A crowd of barely 40,000 is quite low between these two sides but clearly form plays a major role in this as these two sides were recording crowds of 80,000 plus in 2010 and 2011, and 75,000 and 61,000 in 2012 and in 2013 and 2014 we still witnessed crowds of 60,000 plus between these two sides.

However the crowd numbers in Victoria across the board have been a cause of concern for the AFL I suspect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back