Universal Love Port Adelaide 2015 Bushfire Appeal and Intra-Club Match

Remove this Banner Ad

A few things I noticed

Ollie Wines: was a beast and broke through tackles almost every time he was challenged

Robbie Gray: was an absolute star, definitely a level above the rest of the team

Jasper Pittard: looked really clean, probably the best I have ever seen him play, did not miss a target

Paddy Ryder: I thought his ruck work wasn't that good and looked like he was getting smashed by Lobbe. He looked too weak in the ruck and was out wrestled by Lobbe. Liked his work up forward and think that he should play as a predominant CHF.

John Butcher: was impressive, his kicking was still average but he was back to his dangerous best

Aaron Young/Andrew Moore: these boys were both very impressive and think they could both be fighting for a rd 1 spot

Karl Amon: great skills and done a few nice things but he still looks a little way off the rest of the starting players

Number 45: for the White team, I don't know who he was but be looked very comfortable amongst the AFL boys out there and was winning a lot of one on one contests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay here we go nataliekate . Kind of embarrassingly poor quality, but it proves that the leftover labradoodle isn't in a closet and is just having fun on a slip n' slide

78ZQ0XR.gif

Possibly the best GIF I've ever seen. Kudos to you good sir !

I guess the last few years has had a different level of hunger and competitive spirit in the game and this year to me it just seemed that the prime movers barely got out of first gear. The second quarter when we switched to SANFL V AFL I was disappointed at how easily the maggies boys moved the ball from end to end for goals. They would've probably ended up losing the quarter, but only just. They were definitely up 3 goals to 1 at some stage in that qtr.

Other than that, I liked Louis Sharrad he moves alright. The Magpie mozzie fleet in general was pretty good, especially in the second before the Power got well on top in the last half.

Good observations Coob. I enjoyed the Magpies boys efforts. I Stand corrected but the players I recognised were:Reynolds 22, Coulson 38, T. Gray no number, Davidson top knot, Louis Sharrod 45, Summo 30, Ross 25? and Gordon in the ruck, etc
I'm looking forward to seeing their progression throughout the year when they get games for the Maggies because they proved they're a talented group of goers.

Pretty sure 20 was Zach Hawkins. Noticed him the warm as when I saw 20 immediate thought was whats Wingard doing out there. Didnt notice him in the game.

Pretty sure 20 was Zach Hawkins. Noticed him the warm as when I saw 20 immediate thought was whats Wingard doing out there. Didnt notice him in the game.
Spotted you in the bar and then later from my vantage point sitting with my family in the Fos Williams Stand during the game REH. I would have said hello but you were always deep in conversation. Hope to catch up throughout the year at a Pear aftermatch or purchasing a pasty at a Magpies game.

Spotted you in the bar and then later from my vantage point sitting with my family in the Fos Williams Stand during the game REH. I would have said hello but you were always deep in conversation. Hope to catch up throughout the year at a Pear aftermatch or purchasing a pasty at a Magpies game.
Yeah I caught up with about 20 people during the day and stilled missed many. I knew you were around but spent most of game between Quinn stand and Williams stand. LR and I went to Williams stand to talk a bit of China/Uni SA and stayed there for half time break and 3rrd quarter. If the De Sousza's were selling their pies and pasties we would havef up. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pittard will push AA in 2015.

Big call, but a good one.

He's one of those players that has always pushed his limits, running himself into trouble. All it will take is a bit of adjustment to know how far to push and there's an instant improvement.

Personally I still like seeing him run the ball through the middle. Probably could develop into a wingman if it suited our balance.

But if you want to know how good Russell Ebert was in his day, imagine Ollie Wines with Robbie Gray's skills. No I'm not kidding.

In my time watching Port, I'd say Russell Ebert is the freak non-pareil. Wanganeen was nearly as freakish and Robbie Gray and Oliie Wines are approaching the same levels. David Granger was a freak too, in his own way, but no-one could make it appear he was playing against 8 year olds like Russell the Muscle could. He and Robran were so far ahead of any SANFL players of their day. You could argue for Rick Davies too.

I don't understand this.

You were talking about how great a Russell Ebert handball was. REH liked your comment. Hence, Russell Ebert handballs like themselves :D

Reg Beaufoy, there is a blast from the past, built like a brick outhouse, could bust a pack wide open, and then tonk the ball into outer space.
Went well before his time ( early 30's ) from heart trouble, could have been anything, but wouldn't have played many games with Russell Ebert, he retired in Russell's first year, 1968.

Reg was big. Has there ever been a bigger good football player? Dennis Sachse was up there too.

But if you want to know how good Russell Ebert was in his day, imagine Ollie Wines with Robbie Gray's skills. No I'm not kidding.

Plus Russ was adept at FF, CHF & CHB

Hard to find any images of Reg Beaufoy - here's a couple:

Reg was enormous, he & my brother-in-law were mates from their kid days, saw him several times when I was a kid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back