Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would we sooner dominated, GWS or Adelaide? I would love a Power Premiership but I am happy for GWS to win a few if it means stopping the beautiful boys from West Lakes.

Why have a melt over something we knew was going to happen.

Who cares? Football has been changed and changed and changed until it barely resembles the game I used to watch.

If Port aren't much of a chance of winning a flag, I'll still support them, but I couldn't care less about who else wins.

And lets be honest, Crows won't win a flag any time soon anyway.

Who would we sooner dominated, GWS or Adelaide? I would love a Power Premiership but I am happy for GWS to win a few if it means stopping the beautiful boys from West Lakes.

In any case this is no different to the Brisbane deal fifteen years ago or to the NRL's decision to load the Melbourne Storm up for success. Eventually GWS were going to be a force we should have taken advantage of that 2014 window.
I know what youre saying but i dont think the crows are any closer than us. Their midfield is meh and their forwards are aging, have a few injuries nect year and then the doubts creep in and they'll be right there with us in the mid table scrap. Then their forwards like Betts, Jenkins start to near the end. Thompson is gone and meanwhile they haven't been able to bring in low draft picks. So i dont think theyre on any definite up curve. If anything theyre at their absolute peak now. They wont have a better season than this with luck and injury.

Good to hear that Hartlett has killed off any hope that the PAFC had of offloading him in a trade
You are watching a team play where a 26yo Hartlett wouldn't be in the top 15+ players, who will be up the top of the ladder for a long time, and you would rather keep HH than go to the draft with a good pick so we can start rebuilding?

Ok.

Sydney loves a bandwagon. It's a city that just hops on board if you're a winner at anything. GWS are going to be huge off field very soon.

I know what youre saying but i dont think the crows are any closer than us. Their midfield is meh and their forwards are aging, have a few injuries nect year and then the doubts creep in and they'll be right there with us in the mid table scrap. Then their forwards like Betts, Jenkins start to near the end. Thompson is gone and meanwhile they haven't been able to bring in low draft picks.

The Crows are playing tonight we are not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would even go as far as saying that 7 out of the next 10 wouldn't be too unrealistic.

Would it? :p
Maybe not. Youve gotta be honest, this GWS list is far more loaded than weve ever seen from a contender before but importantly unlike other clubs they have a lot of great draft selections to come, lots more trade bait to keep reinvigorating their list and then on top of that they get ridiculous draft concessions with the academy picks.

Maybe not. Youve gotta be honest, this GWS list is far more loaded than weve ever seen from a contender before but importantly unlike other clubs they have a lot of great draft selections to come, lots more trade bait to keep reinvigorating their list and then on top of that they get ridiculous draft concessions with the academy picks.
Eddie M. be blowing his stack by now.

the AFL really has buggered up this one.

They keep crapping on about the evenness, equalisation and integrity of the competition, but both NSW clubs are shamelessly engineered to serve as Barcelona and Real Madrid year-in, year-out, while the rest of us are competing hogtied and blindfolded.

Great.

The GWS look very scary

I hardly even noticed your subtle dodging of the question. But thank you for desisting with the prozac nonsense - it does make a difference.
I'm not going to spoon food you the info when you say cease and desist. It was there in the public for a couple of hours before it was all surpressed. If you can't remember then do your research if it bothers you that much.

What a bunch of whingers some of us are. West Coast made a grand final in their fifth year and won a flag in their sixth, and another in their eighth year. No "dynasty" ensued, even in an age before today's open trading culture let alone free agency.

They'll be strong for some years but not the monster some here expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back