Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally their supporters can move on from the bargaining stage to the depression stage of this process. Or maybe the depression stage starts during the Showdown..

Their relevant thread is a rollercoaster ride.

Not surprised by the denialists, apologists and even the “let’s wait until the facts come out” types who usually inhabit the centre of a Venn diagram with “all Port players/supporters/people are feral/violent/racist/criminal, so there”.

Pleasantly surprised by some for whom the veil of infallibility is lifting.

Conclusion: racism is bad. all clubs have had and continue to have an issue with it, and a responsibility to stamp it out, no matter what your preferred squadron’s clothes are.

Their relevant thread is a rollercoaster ride.

Not surprised by the denialists, apologists and even the “let’s wait until the facts come out” types who usually inhabit the centre of a Venn diagram with “all Port players/supporters/people are feral/violent/racist/criminal, so there”.

Pleasantly surprised by some for whom the veil of infallibility is lifting.

Conclusion: racism is bad. all clubs have had and continue to have an issue with it, and a responsibility to stamp it out, no matter what your preferred squadron’s clothes are.
Except for that loser Dirty Bird. He probably made the most woeful post on their thread trying to justify Walkers comments against one particular indigenous player, but not others and now he's blaming Croc Media and saying the Crows should hire our PR time like we have players making racist remarks every day that are swept under the rug.

Are the photos of Tom Clurey with his nads on others heads breaking news?

Dunno but the one guy posting them really has a lot of spare time

One of the more fascinating examples of BuT PoRp HoUr whataboutism I’ve seen.

Must be that slick PR machine we employ to keep our scandals, real and imagined, out of the news 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised by the denialists, apologists and even the “let’s wait until the facts come out” types

When you have commentators in Adelaide media such as, but not exclusively, Rowe making exactly those sort of pathetic apologist statements should we really be surprised that it pervades the fan base?

Even ABC Adelaide radio has been pathetically lame this afternoon in its response to the issue in airing 'there are two sides to every story', 'someone has it in for Tex' and 'what about reverse racism?' comments.

Is it any wonder an experienced and high profile Crows player like Taylor Walker can think he can make racist statements and simply get away with it? Unfortunately for him there was one brave soul within his own crow camp who had the courage to blow the whistle and call him to account for it.

This latest saga demonstrates yet again that there are major conflict of interest and bias issues that affect the way in which incidents within the Adelaide Football Club are reported (or not reported) in the SA media. How long before the insidious relationship between SA media 'Ambassadors' and the Adelaide Football Corporation is called out for the damage it is doing?

Last edited:
Apparently Port were the ones who put Maclure up to it because its Showdown week.
As a mate of mine so aptly puts it, they're not football fans - they're Crows fans. There's a difference.

I, like most other Port posters here, have happily waded in to line up and plant a kick up Walker's Ass. But just thinking about it, Walker is a senior player with over a decade of strong education on overt & casual racism. He was a Captain of the club, twice named as Captain of the year - Of a club that has a long history of Aboriginal players, many that he played with, and others still playing with.

Could you imagine any Port captain (Boak, Cassisi, Primus, Tredrea, Wines, or Jonas), or any other current AFL club captain doing this? I certainly cant. It really shows a major flaw in the man, but more broadly, continues to show that despite the last two horrible years, the AFC still have a serious culture problem that extends very deep.

I am a little torn - I find it a bit despairing that in 2021 we still see this crap happening, esp at that level - On the otherhand I am enjoying seeing this ̶c̶l̶u̶b̶/corporation continue to destroy itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back