Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowe and Ricciuto are getting fairly widely condemned on the crows board for their stance on this.

Nothing will happen with Rowe because FiveAA relies on the knuckle dragging audience for their ratings. But the knives are out for Ricciuto and despite the strong backing he gets from Peter Hurley I just can't imagine Olsen putting up for too much longer with Ricciuto's ongoing train wreck boys-club influence on the culture at West Lakes.

1628597038543.png

Napoleon

Last edited:
This could have a big fallout for the club. I read this as Optus are looking for a get out clause and don’t want to be associated with the Crows.

If that’s the case, Walker I think will certainly have played his last game for the club. Some of the comments in the article make it seem he may have already anyway.

Agree. Any of Green, Jackson and Georgiades would be just as worthy as each other IMO.
And on top of that I reckon there is 10 guys that I would be fine with getting votes

Mcinerney, Gulden, Weightman, Shoenberg, Bergman, Cox, Thilthorpe, Jordan, Kositchkie, Sholl could all been seen as the 4/5th best this year

The Stance just never loses its tragedy appeal. I cringe just as hard as I did 4 years ago, even more.

How not one person at their club said “this looks lame, guys” is beyond me.

Effort and fitness certainly isn't the Crows issue.

Love how Roo has been sold on Dr Burgo’s patented talent extender hoping it works wonders down at West Lakes. He also has this new investment idea of these magic pills that make your fuel more efficient too. Sounds like he is on a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could have a big fallout for the club. I read this as Optus are looking for a get out clause and don’t want to be associated with the Crows.

If that’s the case, Walker I think will certainly have played his last game for the club. Some of the comments in the article make it seem he may have already anyway.
Not to worry. Sky "News" would be the perfect replacement sponsor for them.

I have gone a full 180 on this. I previously posted that Walker’s 6 weeks was harsh. As the dust settles, and as I see the message not resonating with their moron supporters, it makes you realise that the message had to be very, very clear. In fact it had to be clearer than it was.

I now think, he should have got 11 games- half a season. Put his whole career in jeopardy (if it isn’t already).

Aussie rules footy, should be proud of its place in modern indigenous history. It is one area of society where our brothers are overrepresented. The only other area I can think of is prisons- so AFL is the only desirable area of over representation. We should be immensely proud of that.

The other side of the same coin, is that, because there are more indigenous people per capita in the AFL than, say, in the average workplace, unfortunately there will be more incidents like the Walker incident in footy than in the average workplace.

The AFL should see itself as a pioneering industry here. That is a privilege and a responsibility. And in this case, its responsibility is to make it 100% clear to the world that we are no longer living in the 1980s, that enough is enough, that this behaviour is utterly unacceptable and that this MUST not happen again.

Walker has had 15 years of education about these things. He has played with one of the best indigenous players and advocates in Eddie Betts. The way Betts dealt with that Showdown incident (the most embarrassing moment of my 50+ years of being a Port supporter) was pure class. I saw him on 360 tonight and he is sick of having to be that guy year after year. Of course he is right. It is not his job to rid the AFL of racism- it’s the AFL’s job.

That is why Walker should have got twice the penalty. I originally thought Walker should have got less than Gaff got for breaking Brayshaw‘s jaw. Thinking about it more deeply, Gaff hurt one person. Walker hurt every indigenous and coloured person in the game and in the country because his comment inferred that the colour of their skin was relevant to how we should view them. If it wasn’t relevant, why did he mention it in his comment?

I don’t care if Walker is hung out to dry on this. People are often made to pay heavily for their mistakes. Murders are murders for life even if they act in a heated moment. Walker is a racist, even if he acted in a heated moment. He should be made to pay with his career. How else can we stop this from happening again?

Last edited:
CNt believe they didn't choose Geelong rising young gun star *checks notes* .. Jordan Clark

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/players/3719
1008603.png

Look at this guy lel the future of geelong

There's a very good reason that the Camry Crows' press conference last Friday was held with a blank backdrop and not in front of sponsors' logos and The Big Texan™ wore a plain white open neck shirt and not a club polo in his video with Robbie Young. On Friday their CEO wasn't even wearing his club tie. Only Nicks didn't get the memo.

Optus don't want to be perceived as saying Yes to racism.

Their list is absolutely ****ed every one of their best players is 29-34 years old. It's complete bullshit that they're in the top 4 right now. No team has ever been able to compete with a team that old in the history of the afl. They're still on same crazy gogo juice down there. heck I hate them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back