Roast Post your favourite opposition bitterness about our three-peat

Remove this Banner Ad

I still LOL at the well worn comment of Hawthorn 'being lucky' to have peaked during the period of the compromised draft... these people do realise that the hawks would have been able to draft some of these GC/GWS players too? My personal favourite is the fact we played interstate sides at our 'home' ground. Pure gold. One of the all time great threads this one. :thumbsu:

I still LOL at the well worn comment of Hawthorn 'being lucky' to have peaked during the period of the compromised draft... these people do realise that the hawks would have been able to draft some of these GC/GWS players too? My personal favourite is the fact we played interstate sides at our 'home' ground. Pure gold. One of the all time great threads this one. :thumbsu:
Don't forget that every other club in the competition is currently in rebuild mode. Or in enforced drug rehab for 12 months. ;)

What a truly amazing coincidence everyone else is in the middle of putting their list together and don't have time to really look at making an assault on the flag. Lucky us. :D

Done.

Thread has had a clean up.

Are all my detailed observations on music designated to the BigFooty garbage bin?
Bah!

Anyway, on topic: the Underrated thread is firmly on Cyril being the most overrated player ever. Most are saying that Betts is far superior and there are many others who do more than Cyril ever has.

Mind you, it's a pity Betts never played in the Semi last year: he may have made a difference.

Are all my detailed observations on music designated to the BigFooty garbage bin?
Bah!

Anyway, on topic: the Underrated thread is firmly on Cyril being the most overrated player ever. Most are saying that Betts is far superior and there are many others who do more than Cyril ever has.

Mind you, it's a pity Betts never played in the Semi last year: he may have made a difference.

You could say the same about Taylor W@nk3r, ooops, Walker.

Whilst I was lurking on the Bombers board, one poster lamented that the only thing that would make this year worse was if Hawthorn won the premiership again.
Oh if only that was all they would have to worry about this year.....they wish!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Whilst I was lurking on the Bombers board, one poster lamented that the only thing that would make this year worse was if Hawthorn won the premiership again.
That's it isn't it.

It's like our lucky charm

Bombers get busted Feb 2013 since them hawks have not lost a premiership as they have turned to rubbish

Could life get better?

And to think he's probably said that three years running.

Chin up, the Premiership window is still open for the purple haze.

It just closed for Hawthorn. Enjoy it, and then f*ck off.

I found this doozie in the 2013 Grand Final game day thread. According to this insightful cats supporter our premiership window had just slammed shut. He must have thoroughly enjoyed 2014 and 2015.

Edit.1 (moderator): Please don't link posters from other boards.

Edit.2 (seysearles): I had no idea that linking comments from other boards was not allowed. Whats the logic to that?

Last edited:
I found this doozie in the 2013 Grand Final game day thread. According to this insightful cats supporter our premiership window had just slammed shut. He must have thoroughly enjoyed 2014 and 2015.
Can you link me to it so I can like it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha flicked through the thread, some real salty sore arse Geelong fans in there.

Let's not forget we lost the best forward in the game for next to nothing. In an uncompromised trade we would have been able to ask for 2x top 5 picks at a minumim.

People complaining about Hawthorn and Geelong making moves in FA need to have their heads checked. Geelong lose the best player in the league, arguably one of the best of all time and we lose the best and most damaging forward of a generation. Both for practically nothing.

My issue is that the club made specific statements around the time that because they knew the drafts would be compromised, they would draft younger (when 17 year olds were allowed) to try and allow a continuous flow of quality talent into the club.

Let's not forget we lost the best forward in the game for next to nothing. In an uncompromised trade we would have been able to ask for 2x top 5 picks at a minumim.

People complaining about Hawthorn and Geelong making moves in FA need to have their heads checked. Geelong lose the best player in the league, arguably one of the best of all time and we lose the best and most damaging forward of a generation. Both for practically nothing.

Well Geelong didn't...they were handsomely remunerated with future draft picks. They just picked up spuds

A Swans fan was so bitter about the 3-peat that he got his hacker friend to hack bigfooty.com. Now only two cups are showing in our avatars...
If true that's pretty funny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back