Roast Post your favourite opposition bitterness about our three-peat

Remove this Banner Ad

you know i am loving reading the game day threads and autopsy threads of our losses especially the qualifying final. Man alot of opposition supporters went early. What would you call that... Oh yes PREMATURE

The bitterness is still strong on the MB! It's a cesspool ! Now, sore losers are making up topics by discrediting the hawthorn achievement In a 'underlying' way but me and a few others aren't letting them enjoy their 'onesies' with 17 other clubs flog supporters. It's delicious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't seem to do anything with that link.

Can you help an old codger to link to that thread?

I originally quoted the comment but a mod (not sure which one) went onto my post and pasted this line of text at the end ....

Edit: Please don't link posters from other boards.

I had no idea there was a problem with quoting posts from other boards (in this case the main board).

If you really want to see the quote you can just copy and past the text into the search panel in the top right hand corner of the page and you will find it pretty quickly. Put it in " " for an exact match.

I originally quoted the comment but a mod (not sure which one) went onto my post and pasted this line of text at the end ....

I had no idea there was a problem with quoting posts from other boards (in this case the main board).

If you really want to see the quote you can just copy and past the text into the search panel in the top right hand corner of the page and you will find it pretty quickly. Put it in " " for an exact match.

Many thanks, I'm enjoying the thread now.

I always thought it was fine to link posts.....just not the poster??????

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I always thought it was fine to link posts.....just not the poster??????

Forgive my ignorance but how do you link a post without linking the poster? In order to quote a post which is in another thread I "reply" to it and then copy the text to the thread which I wish to link it to. By default the posters name is at the top of my post and there is an arrow linking you to the original post. See example below.

upload_2016-1-24_15-37-36.png

Forgive my ignorance but how do you link a post without linking the poster? In order to quote a post which is in another thread I "reply" to it and then copy the text to the thread which I wish to link it to. By default the posters name is at the top of my post and there is an arrow linking you to the original post. See example below.

View attachment 209139
Ask a mod...its their ruling.

View attachment 209139
Copy the post, remove the number at the start of the quote

When quoting your post this is what is included in the opening quote bracket:

QUOTE="MinerBoy, post: 42754868, member: 34761"

Including this will allow people to know exactly who posted it, provide a link to where the original post is located, and sent a notification to the quoted poster that they've been quoted. The last point being why quoting from other boards is not ok. Opposition supporters may not realise when they follow the notification link that they're in a team board thread (easy to remember where a recent post was made and think that's the thread) and may end up saying something that cops them a ban.

To fix the quote bracket so it's anonymous just remove everything except for QUOTE.

Removing the member number part only may still allow you to quote them by name with a link to the original post but it shouldn't end up notifying them. Eg. QUOTE="MinerBoy, post: 42754868"

Sorry cryptor I should have used an ;) emoticon to save you writing all that, lol. :p

I assumed the fact I did it correctly was a giveaway that I knew exactly what was required haha.
Haha didn't even notice that! Ah well, good reference for anyone else I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back