Universal Love Puopolo man love thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Its what I used to admire about Sewell :(

Poppy has greatly improved his contribution for the team this year. :thumbsu:

Well I suppose it's an unfortunate inevitability that guys that are in the team for gutt running, tackling and pressure acts have shorter careers. I think of Bateman who, once he lost his run, became a shadow if his former self. Burst and speed are probably the 2 things that drop off the earliest and it's a rarity to see guys on the wrong side of 30 playing these roles.

Really solid again tonight.
He has really improved over last year and has become a very important component of our side.
He is also far more versatile than I thought he was.

Love Puopolo. Always saw potential in him - people around me doubted him. His speed is so impressive. Never gets lazy on field. Always attacks and does his best in a contest. Not afraid to put his head down. Glad he plays for us to be quite honest!

Have another look at his third Q last night. When we had to slug it out for a while plenty of our blokes lifted in this stanza. Poppa was the one doing the heaviest lifting though. One of the most committed quarters of footy from a Hawthorn player this year.

Last year was really the scapegoat for everything eg loss against cats. But his decision making has improved heaps this year (I think with the help of Ratten) and increased midfield time is making him a very valuable and versatile player who will always give 100%. Also love him getting us at least one high tackle free per game

There's a lot to be said for a player with an arse that close to the ground. Strength through the hips and thighs, and a dogged ability to keep his feet in a contest, makes a bloke like Poppy very hard to play against.

And the general theme of this thread focusses on his attitude out on the ground. Let's face it; there's not many more players in the league who give as much every time they step onto the ground. He has become a constant - every week we can factor his tenacity and attitude into the mass equation when figuring out how the Hawks will fare against the opposition.

So cheers to Paul. The kind of bloke you hate playing against but love playing with.

Being a small foreign man, i can tell you right now that Puopolo should be captain!

Last year was really the scapegoat for everything eg loss against cats. But his decision making has improved heaps this year (I think with the help of Ratten) and increased midfield time is making him a very valuable and versatile player who will always give 100%. Also love him getting us at least one high tackle free per game

Has really lowered his eyes with his disposal. He was prone to bombing the ball as far as he could... now hits up targets at will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His tackling and ferocity is up there with the best I have ever seen. I was thinking of removing the number 15 from my jumper and putting pups on there. It's getting ridiculous

His tackling and ferocity is up there with the best I have ever seen. I was thinking of removing the number 15 from my jumper and putting pups on there. It's getting ridiculous
i want to get a new jumper and 28 or 10 are on the list for it Hill reminds me of Changa and he was great last night but i love Poppy too if i could afford it and got space in the cupboard i would get 2 jumpers and have both

33 pressure acts last night...next best was 23......enough said.

What he has now added to our midfield in close has taken him to a whole new level, we needed pace in close at the contest, he has provided that, He is now in the first 10 picked at our club. He is exactly the type of player that Clarko bats off too every night.

Yes, always did - even moreso now he's proven the doubters wrong. It was bliss to see him tackle Ablett to the ground! What a pocket bull-terrier rocket!

He's also a decent kick of the footy!

Poppy just personifies our current team mentality at the moment. It's a shame the public numbers for our away guernsey are so terrible as I would love to put 28 on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back