Official Club Stuff Questions/suggestions for RFC_Official (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sort of agree with you, we've dropped the ball a bit with some content but have added some new things.

RE: The wrap up show "This week in Tigerland", how would you make it better?
I'd like to see a rumble in the jungle again so we can see some meltdowns about players having fun. :p

Guys this isn't the thread to vent out.
Stig doesn't have to be here
Isn't it his job to be here?

Appreciate it Tigerland55

Yeah, I can't really answer on behalf of Dimma or the AFL scheduling team.
You're not being asked to answer, you're being asked to pass on the concerns of people who have seen it all before and feel powerless to stop it happening again.

You're not being asked to answer, you're being asked to pass on the concerns of people who have seen it all before and feel powerless to stop it happening again.

That's also not why I'm here and that has been made pretty clear from day one. If you have any marketing, media, promotion, fundraising suggestions etc I will happily pass it on.

RFC_Official Any chance of getting more content done by the players? Nothing full on like the tigers version of 'cribs', but just like 60 sec chats between players? Like a hot-seat where they get asked as many possible in 60 seconds.. I know the guys have a full time schedule and it can be a lot but just an idea.... I would be looking at what other clubs are doing and rip them off lol

Talking Tigers is an awesome idea and has been working so well, also when we do the preview with Richo and Daly, could we have a player there too?

Keep up the good work!

Also what about Choco's cubs? Any chance of that returning? You don't get to hear much about the younger players would be good to hear about their development.... just a thought...

Isn't it his job to be here?
No, not all clubs have a representative.
Richmond and Stig are kind enough to offer their time considering he would have much more on his plate.

It'll be hard enough for him when he scrolls through the Richmond board at the moment.

Hey RFC_Official,

Not sure if you would know the answer to this RFC_Official/stig but i'll ask anyway. Is there any reason why Martin only signed a two year contract? Was he only offered a two year contract by the club? or Is he like cotchin and only wants short contracts, so he is motivated to work harder?.

If it was we only offered him two years. Will we be looking to extend that at season's end? or Wait till he is out of contract again?

Kind Regards
Deanos

Last edited:
I would think they are well aware of this.
We'll see.

No, not all clubs have a representative.
Richmond and Stig are kind enough to offer their time considering he would have much more on his plate.

It'll be hard enough for him when he scrolls through the Richmond board at the moment.
It's his job, or at least part of it. He gets paid to do it. It's far from the worst job in the world.

We'll see.

It's his job, or at least part of it. He gets paid to do it. It's far from the worst job in the world.
Yeah but don't attack him.
Not just you but everyone who sends "Sack Hardwick" "No more recycled hacks" it's not fair on him.
He clearly won't go into a meeting and say "Damien, this guy posted that Thomas is too slow, better drop him."

My point is just use this thread for what it's designed for, don't vent out on him.
Likewise for you clowns who tag him in the vent threads... ever notice he doesn't respond?
I mean, what the he'll will he write that won't compromise his job??!!

I sort of agree with you, we've dropped the ball a bit with some content but have added some new things.

RE: The wrap up show "This week in Tigerland", how would you make it better?[/QUOTE]

Dear RFC_Official More of Ash Aidone please. ;)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I'm here to do it's true, but I am not here to talk about on-field stuff and have made that pretty clear for nearly four years.
You weren't asked to talk about on-field stuff. A concerned supporter just wanted to be heard. What's his other option? Ring the membership department and say he won't renew if short-sighted calls continue to be made? Wait until the AGM, when we might have already added more dead-end players?

I understand your job is one of promoting positive messages about the club and assisting with enquiries about off-field stuff.

The club needs to understand its long term members are deeply concerned about its direction. That's what I believe blaisee was trying to communicate.

Tigerland55, you need to brush up on your comprehension skills.

And I challenge you to find one post of mine in a vent thread, let alone tagging RFCO.

Has the club considered diverting funds into inventing a time machine so someone can go back to 1981 and rectify all the mistakes we made after that point? :rainbow:

Has the club considered diverting funds into inventing a time machine so someone can go back to 1981 and rectify all the mistakes we made after that point? :rainbow:

It's these 30 years of nothingness that will make the next flag so wonderful........................... for my great grandchildren

You weren't asked to talk about on-field stuff. A concerned supporter just wanted to be heard. What's his other option? Ring the membership department and say he won't renew if short-sighted calls continue to be made? Wait until the AGM, when we might have already added more dead-end players?

I understand your job is one of promoting positive messages about the club and assisting with enquiries about off-field stuff.

The club needs to understand its long term members are deeply concerned about its direction. That's what I believe blaisee was trying to communicate.

And I challenge you to find one post of mine in a vent thread, let alone tagging RFCO.
Maybe someone should ask for an appropriate way to communicate their opinion to the club? And in doing so realise that you'll be competing with every other person that wants their message to be heard first so you may not get the outcome you want.

As Stig has said, he's not here to do that, and we ask that posters respect that so we can maintain the privilege of having this thread. You're right in that the club does pay someone to be here, but if they believe there's no value in continuing that due to the type of feedback that comes back, they're well within their rights to pull it, then we have no Stig. This is why we say, keep discussion out of this thread, keep questions away from on field matters, keep questions and comments relevant, otherwise they're a waste of time and money for the club.

Maybe someone should ask for an appropriate way to communicate their opinion to the club? And in doing so realise that you'll be competing with every other person that wants their message to be heard first so you may not get the outcome you want.

It's a great point, why would I take a BF poster's message to Dimma, over, say a Reddit poster? Or a Twitter user, or Instagram user? That's why it makes no sense for me to ever suggest that I would.

The best way to do it is to send to membership@richmondfc.com.au or mail it in. I know specifically a few weeks ago Dimma asked for a whole bunch of emails from the fans, and I have also passed on generic social media messages when requested to the coaching staff because they want to know what the fans are thinking.

It's a great point, why would I take a BF poster's message to Dimma, over, say a Reddit poster? Or a Twitter user, or Instagram user? That's why it makes no sense for me to ever suggest that I would.

The best way to do it is to send to membership@richmondfc.com.au or mail it in. I know specifically a few weeks ago Dimma asked for a whole bunch of emails from the fans, and I have also passed on generic social media messages when requested to the coaching staff because they want to know what the fans are thinking.
So what you're saying is that the fans are picking the team and people getting angry at team selection are really getting angry at themselves? :p

That was more a message to everyone who does go around tagging Stig.

That is fantastic to read that Dimma and crew are actively wanting to know the fans thoughts when a lot of others leave that to the media guys... of course, watch that just get dismissed by the guys wanting him gone, and if we make finals next year and applauding his extension...
I guess you can't please everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back