Autopsy Round 9: Richmond V Essendon @ MCG - Changes for Fremantle

Vote for your top 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In Vickery mcdonough
Out Mcbean morris

Mcbean doing well but we need Vickery against Freo

no hasn't done anything to warrant selection.
Morris won't go anywhere his pressure acts last night were very good and we don't have anyone else to perform that role. even the commentators were giving him credit for his pressure.

The obvious change if Vickery gets up will be to replace McBean, but would it be mad not to play Shaun Hampson? Against Sandilands, could give Maric a chop out, don't want Ivan to burn out?

This. If Hampson learns to tackle this week at training he's in. We'll need his big frame to pressure Fyfe, Mundy & Barlow (all +190cm) Give Vickery another week off so he gets a 3 week rest, we'll need him fit after the bye to take on Sydney.

Yea haha it is LOL. A third milestone game in a row, what are the odds?
Actually it will be our 4th, Brown played his 100th for the Pies as well.

Well, let's see. There are 22 players in a team - they each get a milestone game every 50 games. So the chance of a player having a milestone game in a particular match is 1/50. 22 players - chance of at least one having a milestone game in a particular match - about 1/3.

So for 3 straight games - about 1/25. however, there are 20 'runs' of 3 games in a H&A season, so - multiply, allow for multiple occurrences, divide by Grandma's birthday - In any season, the chance of NOT facing 3 straight milestone games is about 0.38%. So chances are - you'll get one.
Love your stats work Wal but a little wonky. No one really cares about anything before 200 and something like Fletcher's 400th or Cornes' retirement (esp a mid-year retirement) are relatively rare events. Not that I think they influence results anyway

Wonder how Menadue and C.Ellis pull up, will be interesting to see whether they both play, going to subi with a 6 day break. (yes we have the bye after that)

The obvious change if Vickery gets up will be to replace McBean, but would it be mad not to play Shaun Hampson? Against Sandilands, could give Maric a chop out, don't want Ivan to burn out?
If Vickery doesn't get up then I think Hampson is not a bad idea, even give him the bulk of the work against Sandilands to just try and nullify him.

Didn't read the thread. Had a bottle of Jack (now enjoying a green tea waiting for the mighty Villa to destroy Arsenal). Great to see the team have a consistent, disciplined approached. Freo right now are the acid test. We are playing our best football of the season. Great time to play the "purple NTTAWWTs". The season is alive. Thank christ for that. Great turn around.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

How did that villa smashing go? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy is so touchy can't go to a game to boo hooo or dooo if it's true he only called houli campaigner i mean wtf . People get into trouble for boooing princess goodes yet the clown does his best to stir people up with a so called native dance where's the world coming to?:confused:
Some basic grammar would help me understand what you are trying to say.

It blows my mind that anyone would consider dropping Morris.
Make no mistake he has latched on to his purpose in the team and has been a huge factor In This form turnaround.
I'm not one of these huge Steve Morris fans either.
But you'd have to be either be not watching,ignorant or don't understand footy to not acknowledge how critical his incredible defensive pressure is to the whole way we play.
You could almost argue he's one of the most important players for us on the field.
He actually creates numerous opportunities without even touching the footy.
Yet people want to point to his kicks and handballs totals as a reason he should not get a game.
Supercoach is not football.
He'll get some goals along the way too,and took a mark in that last quarter a lot of others would have had no hope to mark.
That was courageous eyes at its best.
He'd be one of the first names put on the whiteboard guarantee it,and rightly so.
And people want him out???
No chance.

Agree with the hatred of the commentating. Felt sorry for Richo lol. BT Confused Ellis and hunt about 8 times ... One was wearing red boots u muppet. And was it alistair lynch who sounds like the squeaky voice teen from the Simpsons when he gets excited?

As the doggies showed, do you really need to beat sandilands in the ruck? Honestly reckon we can just try and rove off of his taps. Around the ground griff/Maric/Ty (if fit) will cover him easy
That's what I reckon. We won't beat him in the ruck, just rove him

Last year on the Gippsland Tigers supporter bus we had an Essendon supporter on it. He nearly got ejected off the bus around pakky. Rude, obnoxious, trying to get naked and walk down the bus (and keep in mind, there's teenage girls on it). I told them, he goes on it again, i don't go. He went on the bus last night, i watched it with a mate. It wouldn't of ended well if i had of gone on the bus last night.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.
For some reason it always seems to be with Essendon fans, they are truly the worst behaved of all clubs supporters.

Agree with the hatred of the commentating. Felt sorry for Richo lol. BT Confused Ellis and hunt about 8 times ... One was wearing red boots u muppet. And was it alistair lynch who sounds like the squeaky voice teen from the Simpsons when he gets excited?
What is it with Bt and Darcy (and Richo and Ling do it too, now) with calling anyone whose first name is Jake, 'Jakey'.
Jakey Carlisle
last year it was Jakey King
* I hate them.

What is it with Bt and Darcy (and Richo and Ling do it too, now) with calling anyone whose first name is Jake, 'Jakey'.
Jakey Carlisle
last year it was Jakey King
**** I hate them.
Oooooh BJ is playing a great game.. Give me a spell Darcy you campaigner

Back