Season 2015 - General Footy Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You look at big Cam McCarthy over at the Giants..
Played 3 games and kicked minimum 2 goals a game.
Gets to the right spots and kicks straight..
You either have it or you don't as a forward..
Daniher at Essendon smaller in frame and a few years younger then Day.. And pretty much Essendons only key target.. His doing a great job kicking goals each week..

Day is a good athlete.. But shouldn't be in the forward line.we can't rely on him to kick goals to win us a match. Or even take 1 big match saving mark.
Doesn't have the Forwards football brain..
Maybe CHB or just trade him for trade leveridge

Ben,
cannot agree more with you. Day has no footy nouse at all,,and posters saying,give him more time, s**t its been 4 seasons and he is still nowhere and still hasn't been relegated to the ressies . I ask of our selection panel, why ???

And before people say it.
Yes the big guys can take longer..
But even Hawkins who was a big fat brute in his first 2 years Still got to the right spots gatherd touches and managed to kick a few goals. Be involved in the game..

Sam Days never involved in the game unless he takes a mark inside 50.. Other then that you'll never see him.

Robinson saying why wasn't The Suns investigated similar to Essendon after Dank found GUILTY of SUPPLYING GOLD COAST with a banned substance in 2010.
Sounds like Robinson wants after 3 year invesigation he can make news out of.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl.../story-e6frf3e3-1227312515070?from=public_rss

Sounds like he was pissed (literally and figuratively) when he wrote that piece of crap. How's this bit...

People will argue the Essendon program was far bigger than a lone wolf program at Gold Coast and those same people will argue the Essendon players still don't know what they were given.

The same argument could be applied to the Gold Coast.

So Robbo reckons... people will argue the Gold Coast program was far bigger than a lone wolf program at Essendon and those same people will argue the Gold Coat players still don't know what they were given.

I don't think so Robbo. Sounds like a big sook to me.

Sounds like he was pissed (literally and figuratively) when he wrote that piece of crap. How's this bit...

So Robbo reckons... people will argue the Gold Coast program was far bigger than a lone wolf program at Essendon and those same people will argue the Gold Coat players still don't know what they were given.

I don't think so Robbo. Sounds like a big sook to me.

He IS a big sook!!

Day & Gorringe surely will both come up in trade talks depending on how the season progresses.

Our #1 forward line in 2016 has to be Lynch, Dixon & Wright.

Just need to have some tall depth in the 2's to cover injuries.

I don't expect to get much for either of them, Gorringe is out of contract at years end and has shown little over his 5 year Suns career so we will get next to nothing unless he comes ion big time

Not sure of Days contract status but while I would expect more for Day than Gorringe I doubt either will get us a first round draft pick.

He IS a big sook!!

I honestly don't know how Robbo has risen to the position he is in, watching him on 360 he looks all the more dopey when going head to head with Gerard.

He is all bluff and bluster, has little real insight and half the time doesn't know the subject matter or agenda of his own show.

I am assuming Tom Nicholls is injured as he is not listed in either the seniors or seconds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This faux competition between GC and GWS is growing tiresome. The media really needs to find something actually interesting to report.

jesse hogan is gonna be a superstar.

After watching this game..
Purely on the fact i had punted on it.. And Lost mind you.
Jessie Hogan is everything Sam Day isnt!!
The blokes got swagger.. Dominated suppossed All Australian Alex Rance. Attacked every contest and pack and more generally or not clunked it or got a free kick!! Wow
Genuine forward in the Carey mould.
Big forwards either have it or dont..
Might as well throw Day away now.. His worth peanuts compared to Hogan.

After watching this game..
Purely on the fact i had punted on it.. And Lost mind you.
Jessie Hogan is everything Sam Day isnt!!
The blokes got swagger.. Dominated suppossed All Australian Alex Rance. Attacked every contest and pack and more generally or not clunked it or got a free kick!! Wow
Genuine forward in the Carey mould.
Big forwards either have it or dont..
Might as well throw Day away now.. His worth peanuts compared to Hogan.

Agree that Hogan has 'it' and looks like an elite talent. Taking marks makes so much difference for a big bloke.

But not ready to give up on Day just yet (especially since contracted until end of next year). He might never be as good as Lynch but if he improves enough to be either a 40 goal a year key forward or a decent swing kpp who can play in defense then the team will be so much better. If the marks start sticking more often then big improvement possible.

To make it look even worse for Day he has Lynch and Dixon getting the best 2 defenders..
Day gets the mid sized defender whose probably undersized to play on Day, yet Day still doesn't see any ball.. Take marks.. Kick goals.
Poor 19yr old 3 game future Coleman medalist Hogan is down in Melbournes 50 by himself getting he best defender and getting it done!!

So we've gone from

kn0zq.jpg

To this:
kn11c.jpg

"I would have thought"

AFTER EVERY QUESTION.

Matchu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back