Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 9 - Fighting Furies v Dragons FFC at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

Patience, Duggan. You'll be returning when the time is right...

See Duggan? Just because you were elevated to main card the first time for no reason doesn't mean it can't happen again.

Patience, Duggan. You'll be returning when the time is right...

See Duggan? Just because you were elevated to main card the first time for no reason doesn't mean it can't happen again.
In professional wrestling slang, a job is a losing performance in a wrestling match. It is derived from the euphemism "doing one's job", which was employed to protect information related to kayfabe from being revealed. The term can be used a number of ways. When a wrestler is booked to lose a match, it is described as "a job". The act itself is described with the verb jobbing, while the act of booking (rather than being booked) to job is called jobbing out. To lose a match fairly (meaning without any kayfabe rules being broken) is to job cleanly. Wrestlers who routinely (or exclusively) lose matches are known as jobbers or "dummy wrestlers". A wrestler skilled at enhancing the matches they lose, as opposed to a jobber, is called a carpenter. In the post-kayfabe era the term has taken on a negative connotation, leading to the use of the neutral term enhancement talent.

In professional wrestling slang, a job is a losing performance in a wrestling match. It is derived from the euphemism "doing one's job", which was employed to protect information related to kayfabe from being revealed. The term can be used a number of ways. When a wrestler is booked to lose a match, it is described as "a job". The act itself is described with the verb jobbing, while the act of booking (rather than being booked) to job is called jobbing out. To lose a match fairly (meaning without any kayfabe rules being broken) is to job cleanly. Wrestlers who routinely (or exclusively) lose matches are known as jobbers or "dummy wrestlers". A wrestler skilled at enhancing the matches they lose, as opposed to a jobber, is called a carpenter. In the post-kayfabe era the term has taken on a negative connotation, leading to the use of the neutral term enhancement talent.
Thank you, ChatGPThrilla.

That explains why Greenery "came up with" a new brand of Qooty game plan for us called Dragonball, until both Toei Animation threatened to sue him and the rest of us nearly died from cringe.
You mean I've been training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for nothing?

(Editor's note: Despite being a weeb, PhenomenalV1 has never seen a single episode of DragonBall Z, but he has seen DBZ Abridged.)

That explains why Greenery "came up with" a new brand of Qooty game plan for us called Dragonball, until both Toei Animation threatened to sue him and the rest of us nearly died from cringe.

I think you should've gone with it. The court case would've provided epic lulz.

Judge: So, you're suing who?
Toei: A text-based fantasy football league from a site in Australia that makes all its money off advertisements for South-East Asian mail order brides and online gambling*.
Judge: blank face.
Toei: The term "dragonball" is a clear copyright infringement...
Judge: You think people won't be able to tell the difference between your animation product and in-game tactics for a game that (checks notes) is really decided by a random alignment of 1s and 0s?
Toei: Well, we need to ensure our fans are protected here...
Judge: So in essence, your suing a site to protect your fans from, well, themselves?
Toei: Uh...when you put it that way...
Judge: I think protecting your fans from themselves is an intervention that needed to be implemented in kindergarten.

*I am well aware the ads you get are dependant upon each users search history, so don't bother pointing that out.

Nice for some, I've been relegated to the midcard of an Indie promotion in Southern Sri Lanka

And yet I, despite not having won a match, have been propelled straight to the upper midcard, have got nuclear heat, and am part of the hottest heel faction in the promotion, THE BANG BANG FURIE GANG!! 🔫

And yet I, despite not having won a match, have been propelled straight to the upper midcard, have got nuclear heat, and am part of the hottest heel faction in the promotion, THE BANG BANG FURIE GANG!! 🔫

One of the more creative names in the business as well.

Look forward to it. Duggan vs U2tigers 461

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the more creative names in the business as well.

Look forward to it. Duggan vs U2tigers 461

And just to reiterate, when you get your rematch, The Bang Bang Furie Gang will be at ringside, as paying customers, with absolutely no intention if interfering on your behalf. No intention at all...

T2B had a bit yo drink. Just letting you know I love all you weirdass campaigners.

No bombers and or warriors I'm not joining you.
I mean who doesn't love a midweek drink?

Also hey Furies you campaigners!

It's time for the first countdown of the thread!

I've been binging Krzysztof Kieslowski films on Mubi the last few days; he may be the greatest director produced by Poland, but also, via the Tres Coloirs trilogy, had significant impact upon cinema in the French language. Now I only got to see 5 of his films, so the countdown is purely limited to what I've seen; omgfridge looking for your thoughts as well.

5. Three Colours: White.

The middle instalment of the famed trilogy, by having the main character as a Polish emigre and setting much of it in Poland, this film does straddle the French of Kieslowski's mature years with the Polish of his developing career. This film explores the 'equality' principle of the French Republic, and is framed as a revenge plot by a spurned husband. As the anti-comedy of the trilogy, it does rely heavily on farcical elements, though what I feel lets it down as the reliance on having Julie Delpy's Dominique act in a predictable fashion, meaning her antagonist is quite paper-thin.

It's time for the first countdown of the thread!

I've been binging Krzysztof Kieslowski films on Mubi the last few days; he may be the greatest director produced by Poland, but also, via the Tres Coloirs trilogy, had significant impact upon cinema in the French language. Now I only got to see 5 of his films, so the countdown is purely limited to what I've seen; omgfridge looking for your thoughts as well.

I've missed these Dragons and Furies countdowns!

4. A Short Film About Love.

An expanded version of one of the episodes of Kieslowski's famed 10-part Dekalog, this deals with the theme of desire, lust, and what can be wrongly perceived of as love, the expression of defining another by their relationship to the self, becoming in its fullness an exploration of what it means to love, in caring for another as a subject per Se rather than a mere object. The voyeurism that characterises much of the characters' interactions would unfortunately be all too familiar to the denizens of Sweet, were it not for the fact we all tend to live in windowless basements.

Is anyone open to me doing a top 10 countdown of Czech Republic footballlers? Just for the lols?

I'm currently managing them and Dortmund in my fifa career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back