News Simonds Stadium stage 3 redevelopment - Players Stand, big screen and new lights

Remove this Banner Ad

OOoooh yeah. That means perhaps pre-season games at least under lights. Wow, if the Fed Gov approved those, perhaps the only thing they haven't stuffed up!

Id say night games early in the year would be fantastic. Warm evenings and full stadium in would give it a totally different vibe than the ice fortress is in in the middle of winter.

You have to give to Cook, he has delivered in so many ways. Does this just about finish the job at KP? Years ago the plan was to build a indoor stadium on the back of the Brownlow that would replace the Arena. Mate of mine thought it was going to be awesome to watch the Cats on a Sat arvo then off to the SuperCats that night with only temp delay at nearest pub.

That will probably never be but with the professionalism of AFL these days I can see a need at some stage of having an indoor facility the size of a couple of basketball courts. Will this be in town or perhaps out at the Armstrong Creek Base.. who knows.

Will the DVD of the stand demolishment have commentary by Krock?
Or do I have to wait for bluray

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep,a massive storm has saved the club thousands of dollars by demolishing the Wade Stand at around 5.40pm tonight.No other parts of the ground were damaged.

Don't know where you were at that time last night because it is still there. The club could save some $$$ though by bringing in the wrecking ball that is Max Rooke to bulldoze it flat.

Will the DVD of the stand demolishment have commentary by Krock?
Or do I have to wait for bluray

Hopefully it doesn't have commentary by Dwayne Russell otherwise someone from the club could go for arson. :eek:

"Great work from the demolisher there maybe that might just be the fire starter that they need"

The club could save some $$$ though by bringing in the wrecking ball that is Max Rooke to bulldoze it flat.

What's Josh Hunt doing for his pre-season this year?

(All we'd need to do is tell him that there's a couple of Western Bullfrogs that he missed from their last game at KP hiding in the stand.)

Think you are making that up - just drove past to see and still nothing has changed.

Don't know where you were at that time last night because it is still there.

4.gif

I went fishing in an icehole [I said icehole ;)] and caught two suckerfish :eek:

Sorry Jub you didn't. I was just having a bit of fun at those who want a report every 15 minutes and those who drive past to see it. As someone said - it clearly is off season.

Kardinia Park overhaul numbers don't add up

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/kardinia-park-overhaul-numbers-dont-add-up/story-fn7shz1t-1226201798548

GEELONG'S grandiose plan for an upgraded and expanded Kardinia Park stadium has hit a $12 million hurdle.

The Cats have learned, to their horror, that a grandstand expected to cost $30m in the proposed $45m redevelopment can't be built to specifications for less than $42m.

Will be interesting to see where this ends up. Hopefully they can stagger the redevelopment rather than have to scale it back too much and fingers crossed the supporters' lounge can be added later.

Bad blue by the quantity surveyors. Hope they don't compromise on quality, would rather see it smaller and something that can be extended on at a later date.

Re: Kardinia Park overhaul numbers don't add up

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...bers-dont-add-up/story-fn7shz1t-1226201798548

GEELONG'S grandiose plan for an upgraded and expanded Kardinia Park stadium has hit a $12 million hurdle.

The Cats have learned, to their horror, that a grandstand expected to cost $30m in the proposed $45m redevelopment can't be built to specifications for less than $42m.

Will be interesting to see where this ends up. Hopefully they can stagger the redevelopment rather than have to scale it back too much and fingers crossed the supporters' lounge can be added later.

This bit's a little scary

"We've got $4m debt which will rise to $8m by the end of next year largely because of new pokie licences. Any more would be just too much to handle.
"It would take the debt to $12m by 2013 and that would give us the second-highest debt in the AFL.
"We've put $12m into the stadium since 2005 and we're the only club to do that. We're not keen to put any more in."

Re: Kardinia Park overhaul numbers don't add up

disgraceful from the surveyors

sucks that certain parts are now being left out, capacity is affected the the material used isn't as good :/

Wouldn't be a bad idea to try and raise the money from supporters as we'll be the ones that benefit from the new facilities.
I know i'd be happy to part with $500 on top of what i already pay, as long as i had a bit of notice. And i am by no means well off.

I hate the idea of doing it on the cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back