List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would throw our first rounder at that possibility. Without hesitation.

HF: Billings - White - Markworth
FF: Stanley - Patton - Templeton

What a potential forwardline! :D
Patton at Etihad would be pretty exciting...just clunking big pack marks in perfect conditions

Give pick 1 for Patton. Would GWS consider this? They've got Cameron, Boyd, McCarthy, Tomlinson etc, and with pick 1 would likely pick Petracca, hopefully if the trade pops up they'll give it a thought.

If Patton requested a trade to St Kilda i'm sure GWS and us will work in on a suitable deal.

If he doesn't well we're out of luck.

Well, that's one tactic. Name it and claim it. Okay. Right, so, where to from here.

It seems to me, he wouldn't leap out of cliche-land like that unless it was a deliberate strategy, worked out by his management team. The risk is that it means we lose some of our bargaining leverage, because now the Giants know that we want it, and he wants it. That gives them the upper hand.

Let's assume that we actually finish 16th. It would probably take about 2-3 wins in our last 5 to do that, and in the wake of last week, that's not out of the realms of possibility.

So, if we lose the emotional weight of pick #1, and have pick #3 instead, do we trade it for Patton? Do there need to be sweeteners, either way? What about all the talk about Jakshe and the PSD?

Hmmm, interesting times... I'll be VERY interested if the Saints put that little bit of news on their website. If they do, that is a statement of invasion, to get the General.

I'm not sure whether pick #3 alone would swing it, but even if it did I can see a 'big name' bring jettisoned in order to ensure we maintained a presence in the first round.

Who's got currency of that magnitude though; Joey, Jack Steven, Armo? They're the only ones I can think of...

I'm not sure whether pick #3 alone would swing it, but even if it did I can see a 'big name' bring jettisoned in order to ensure we maintained a presence in the first round.

Who's got currency of that magnitude though; Joey, Jack Steven, Armo? They're the only ones I can think of...
Can we dish you off to another club for at least a rookie pick?

Can we dish you off to another club for at least a rookie pick?
Nup, you have to give him time, just developing. Later we can trade him out for a first-rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't hear the interview but seen on twitter Jon Patton apparently said he would have loved to have been drafted by St Kilda to play with his idol Nick Riewoldt.

Now you see Jon, you can do that next year if you request a trade to come here at the end of 2014. :D

my info is we are in his ear about coming to the club in the PSD...that indicates to me, we aint looking to pay overs for him this year and are looking at 2015

unless of course theres some weird dal type extension thing in his contract!!!

meme-meme-meme.jpg

Take Petracca this year & bend the GWS mongrels over for The General in 12 months time.

Offer our 2nd rounder or PSD (& tank like crazy so we have pick 1!)

nailed it. need to be daring here. where has being nice got us with GWS? saad/milera trade was marginal in their favor. lee trade more so, with the so called "freo interest". when we grew a back bone, we did alright and got bruce relatively cheap.

anyways it lines up with what finnis said on cameron, in that we wouldnt chase them this year and would just wait for them to come out of contract the year after and go the PSD.

i'm more interested in finding a taller utility/or pace via the PSD this year...a taller winger would be great!!! given we just dont know if markworth will come good. a jetta/hill type would be nice

If Patton requested a trade to St Kilda i'm sure GWS and us will work in on a suitable deal.
No deal we will just have to get him in the psd when his contract runs out with the loophole luke ball slipped through. So that gives us some serious bargaining power. They either take the deal we offer or lose him for 0. This goes for cameron and boyd as well and they know this.
If he doesn't well we're out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back