List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been told by my sources that were prob taking mcartin but at the mo hes undersize unless he grows between now and draft time were not taking him or alternatively we get a tall gun from gws. Thats my mail the source is a writer and saints fan at a popular football magazine. Info from one of our high profile stkilda employees.

Just to clarify: If McCartin grows we take him, if not we don't? I would assume we would take Petracca or trade for a GWS tall if he doesn't reach a good height?

Just to clarify: If McCartin grows we take him, if not we don't? I would assume we would take Petracca or trade for a GWS tall if he doesn't reach a good height?

By the sounds of it - McCartin if tall, if not Petracca, would like to get a GWS Tall, or we can trade for a player plus pick like Melbourne did last year....them's the 4 options for mine....

Shiel hasn't won a brownlow yet, his reality is not worth pick 1 and 21. There wouldn't be a lot of players in the AFL anyone would give up those two picks for.
Agreed on part 2, part 1 is at least debatable re value, not sure what a brownlow has to do with it, I'd be overjoyed to get Fyfe or Dangerfield at either club, and they don't have a brownlow between them :)

While 1 & 21 might be close to his true value the situation we are talking about is if Shiel is pretty much forcing GWS to trade (and nominating us probably) so true value kinda goes out the window. 1 and 21 for 3 and Shiel would be unders in terms of value but GWS might really rate Petracca as a reasonable replacement for Shiel and 21 helps even out the risk of taking on a kid.

I'm not saying that I think it is at all likely to happen but in that hypothetical they might be forced to try to make the best of a bad situation.

Yep, trade table reality owns this thread :p

It will be an exciting offseason this year, for the Saints for sure..

So ya reckon our number one pick depends on whether McArtin has a growth spurt in the next 3 months?

sounds like pertracca is firming as pick 1. if GWS have pick 2, they could actually pass on mccartin to and end up with brayshaw or maybe they go wright because he can play ruck too? maybe durdin?

Agreed on part 2, part 1 is at least debatable re value, not sure what a brownlow has to do with it, I'd be overjoyed to get Fyfe or Dangerfield at either club, and they don't have a brownlow between them :)

All I meant is that is still an unproven player, although he looks promising. Scully looked fairly promising too. He's still a long way off being in the same class as Fyfe and Dangerfield.

Can we all stop talking about us trading pick #1? It's just not that simple any more.

We have two games we really should win from here on: this week against the setting Suns, and the Hayes game against the Doggies. Even if we win no more than those two (and with another game against Richmond, and Steven, Gilbert, and Geary all set to come back into the 22, who knows?), a reasonably safe use of the ladder predictor (http://www.afl.com.au/ladder/ladder-predictor) has us being 16th. GWS have the spoon in the bag, and if they want Petracca, or Wright, or whoever, have no reason to try not to get it.

Yep, trade table reality owns this thread :p

It will be an exciting offseason this year, for the Saints for sure..

Hopefully it is an exciting offseason. We would all look pretty stupid if the club just takes the minimum number of picks/delistings and does no trades. :D

We look stupid anyway but my point still stands.

The only REAL question for me, is whether Melbourne will finish below us. I'm REALLY hoping they don't, because if they do with the Frawley pick, being 16th will get us pick 4. Then we don't get whatever's left over from Petracca, McCartin or Wright.

McCartin at the draft combine
ngbbs515ff4beed36f.png

The only REAL question for me, is whether Melbourne will finish below us. I'm REALLY hoping they don't, because if they do with the Frawley pick, being 16th will get us pick 4. Then we don't get whatever's left over from Petracca, McCartin or Wright.

Another conundrum is if Melb get Malceski as a FA. That would alter their Frawley Compo. I reckon they'll ignore FA re Melceski and give Syd their 2nd rounder. Better giving up pick 22ish than potentially pick 3ish. Def a flaw in the FA compo system to allow such deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we all stop talking about us trading pick #1? It's just not that simple any more.

We have two games we really should win from here on: this week against the setting Suns, and the Hayes game against the Doggies. Even if we win no more than those two (and with another game against Richmond, and Steven, Gilbert, and Geary all set to come back into the 22, who knows?), a reasonably safe use of the ladder predictor (http://www.afl.com.au/ladder/ladder-predictor) has us being 16th. GWS have the spoon in the bag, and if they want Petracca, or Wright, or whoever, have no reason to try not to get it.

I think you are being fairly optimistic there. GC has been really poor the last two weeks but they still have shown to be a better team than us this year so to expect them to be poor again isn't giving them the credit they are due. The Doggies have been good recently and look to be on the up so I think they will be tough to beat.

We beat Freo, but I am in no way convinced that Freo was anywhere near 100% so it is hard to draw any real conclusions about how we will go from here. While we could pick up 1 more win I still think we will finish with the spoon on % (GWS has games against the Dees and Dogs still).

I think you are being fairly optimistic there. GC has been really poor the last two weeks but they still have shown to be a better team than us this year so to expect them to be poor again isn't giving them the credit they are due. The Doggies have been good recently and look to be on the up so I think they will be tough to beat.

We beat Freo, but I am in no way convinced that Freo was anywhere near 100% so it is hard to draw any real conclusions about how we will go from here. While we could pick up 1 more win I still think we will finish with the spoon on % (GWS has games against the Dees and Dogs still).
The Suns have not won a game since Gablett went down. And they've just lost two more key players, for at least the week. They are tired, too.

Never underestimate the Hayes factor against the Doggies, seriously. Add Gilbert, Geary and Steven, all probably with a dust-the-cobwebs off game against Sandy the week before, and I'd rate us a pretty good chance.

The Suns have not won a game since Gablett went down. And they've just lost two more key players, for at least the week. They are tired, too.

Never underestimate the Hayes factor against the Doggies, seriously. Add Gilbert, Geary and Steven, all probably with a dust-the-cobwebs off game against Sandy the week before, and I'd rate us a pretty good chance.

The Suns beat the Pies and Ablett didn't have a huge impact on that game and while they have injuries and have been poor, but I don't think it is safe to assume they will continue to be. They might be tiring but they just had a week off and have everything to prove this week in front of a home crowd.

While those guys will be big ins, they will all have not played much footy this year and could take more than 1 VFL game to really find form. The Doggies look good at the moment and I personally think that the Freo win might have let off a bit of the Hayes factor.

We have been inconsistent and our form over the year hasn't been anywhere near as strong as the teams we will face. I just think that a decent amount of things beyond our control will have to go our way for us to win too many more games yet. I wont be disappointed if we win a bunch of games but I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh we're a chance but I don't think we'll beat GC as the spotlight is on them so they will come out firing and will be right on their game, not to mention it's a home match for them and we have to travel. The doggies game will be interesting and we'll be half a chance but no guarantees.

I don't see the point of playing Geary who will only be ready in 2 weeks time minimum.

I looked at the ladder predictor and there are 2 games with GWS where they have half a shot, especially if they play like they played against Geelong.

I think we'll either finish 18th or 17th but it depends on these other games Melb v GWS is a huge game, also GWS v Doggies I think....

I reckon the Sydney-Hawthorn game showed us you need at least you gun half backs to give you drive. Hawks shut down Malceski and nobody else stepped up, when Suckling gets shut down they've still got Birchall, Hodge and a whole bunch of other guys to throw back there. If Savage gets tagged we're pretty much stuffed. We need another one.

I reckon the Sydney-Hawthorn game showed us you need at least you gun half backs to give you drive. Hawks shut down Malceski and nobody else stepped up, when Suckling gets shut down they've still got Birchall, Hodge and a whole bunch of other guys to throw back there. If Savage gets tagged we're pretty much stuffed. We need another one.
We've got The Shent.

I reckon the Sydney-Hawthorn game showed us you need at least you gun half backs to give you drive. Hawks shut down Malceski and
nobody else stepped up, when Suckling gets shut down they've still got Birchall, Hodge and a whole bunch of other guys to throw back there. If Savage gets tagged we're pretty much stuffed. We need another one.

Jimmy Webster??? One of the best kicks going around, get him injury free and he'll be electrifying off half back with that left foot. I'd love to see us draft Harrison Wigg in round 2 of the draft though for some more elite kicking skills.

Jimmy Webster??? One of the best kicks going around, get him injury free and he'll be electrifying off half back with that left foot. I'd love to see us draft Harrison Wigg in round 2 of the draft though for some more elite kicking skills.
I'm kind of hoping Webster goes into the midfield. But if not then definitely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back