List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say nothing like him...
Gray, IMO, more skilled than Petracca, more composed but less athletic, less powerful, slightly slower and not the brute that Christian Petracca has become over the past couple of years. Gray is cleaner and more effective, think Martin, Dangerman or Ziebell are the comparisons.

O'Shea's been pretty impressive tonight, but I can't see why he'd want to leave a young side that's a hair's breadth from a GF...
I thought he was real good last week as well

No one pick up on this?
Geez it's risky... Who plays the fwd/ruck role then? Longer hasn't shown a lot of forward nous, Hickey a little more but still not much and Holmes and Pierce are a fair way off still...

Also, Wright will be gone before the teens and McKenzie isn't necessarily big enough to effectively ruck at league level.

It would be a pretty interesting move to trade Stanley. It would leave us with even less depth up forward and no real ruck/forward option, but would indicate that the club really rates our ruck stocks.

We might be able to do Stanley and 38 for Ports 16?

That would be fun if Ryder goes to Port and they give up their first. 16 and 19 for Hickey. Or maybe if we are being a bit more realistic/generous 16 and 19 for Hickey, Siposs and 38?
Let's remember we are talking about Essendon here… the club that is just so arrogant that they barely ever get a trade through.

They never want to part with a decent pick and want massive overs for very average players.

Lovett would be the biggest trade I can remember them being involved in… and they only traded him out because he was trouble and the whole club wanted him gone.

Forget getting a good pick out of that bunch of filthy cheats… I'd rather keep 15 ruckmen on our list than trade and potentially help them.

It would be a pretty interesting move to trade Stanley. It would leave us with even less depth up forward and no real ruck/forward option, but would indicate that the club really rates our ruck stocks.

Said this 2 months ago Stanley for Ports 1st round pick, all I got was your dreaming mowman

I'd honestly rather keep Stanley. If we can't get Wright then I say no to trading Stanley unless we can get a top 16 pick for him alone, which no club is going to give.

Port are in the window and will pay overs to fill their gaps

I'd honestly rather keep Stanley. If we can't get Wright then I say no to trading Stanley unless we can get a top 16 pick for him alone, which no club is going to give.

As Mowman said, Port might think that Stanley is just what they need and might pay overs. If Ryder chooses them we can kiss any hope of that goodbye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Mowman said, Port might think that Stanley is just what they need and might pay overs. If Ryder chooses them we can kiss any hope of that goodbye.
They would suit each other too. He is quick and mobile and would look better in a better team. I think a lot of teams would rate Rhys higher than a lot of fans.

I wouldn't say nothing like him...

You are on your own with this one, Unc. Gray is Schnieder with a better tank. He's clever, clean, footy IQ is top notch and a nice one on one player for his size. Petracca is a power athlete. He wins the footy with brute strength and pace at the contest. Boak, Martin, Danger and Parker are far better comparisons.

You are on your own with this one, Unc. Gray is Schnieder with a better tank. He's clever, clean, footy IQ is top notch and a nice one on one player for his size. Petracca is a power athlete. He wins the footy with brute strength and pace at the contest. Boak, Martin, Danger and Parker are far better comparisons.
When isn't he on his own, who would want to agree with him ever....

Maybe it's this 'Stanley to (Port)' stuff that's behind the awful 'we're into Jones' stuff?

For arguments sake, let's say we snagged De Goey with the Stanley pick and took Jones via the PSD...

Is that a win?

U25s:
FB: Wright - Delaney* - Roberton
HB: Newnes - Bruce - Webster
RK: Hickey - Dunstan - Weller
CR: Savage - Petracca - Steven
HF: De Goey - White - Billings
FF: Longer - Jones - Templeton
Int: Markworth, Curren, Ross, Acres
Em: Murdoch, Saunders, Shenton, Minchington, McKenzie

Where are they at: Lee, Siposs.

We want 3 picks inside 21 & 5 inside 55....Adding to that our new found appreciation for all things Petracca therefore pick 1 is off the table.

The first part of the equation is to retain picks 1, 21 & 38. Now we need to get another two picks between 1-21 & 21-55.

Stanley, Milera & 56 for 16. Would they do it? They are right in their window and a ruck/forward is the missing ingredient. If they miss out on Ryder this could eventuate. Milera is simply 'free' they may pass on him and he plays SANFL. Up to them.

Who wants Siposs, he's going cheap? The Roos with pick 52? Geelong with 51? Someone may bite.

That gives us our objective: Picks 1, 16, 21, 38 & 51.

Going off KM's Mock and slightly altering depending on who is available at those picks:

Pick 1: Petracca
Pick 16: De Goey
Pick 21: Langford
Pick 38: Viojo-Rainbow
Pick 51: Wigg

Maybe it's this 'Stanley to (Port)' stuff that's behind the awful 'we're into Jones' stuff?

For arguments sake, let's say we snagged De Goey with the Stanley pick and took Jones via the PSD...

Is that a win?

U25s:
FB: Wright - Delaney* - Roberton
HB: Newnes - Bruce - Webster
RK: Hickey - Dunstan - Weller
CR: Savage - Petracca - Steven
HF: De Goey - White - Billings
FF: Longer - Jones - Templeton
Int: Markworth, Curren, Ross, Acres
Em: Murdoch, Saunders, Shenton, Minchington, McKenzie

Where are they at: Lee, Siposs.
We are not talking about Jones from the Dogs are we