Multiplat Star Wars Battlefront - Launched 19 Nov

Remove this Banner Ad

manureid saw you playing it earlier. Keen for a game later?
Was actually the lad. Will be in and out today, going to a movie, but if we jump on will see if you are about.

Had this game since last week, played a couple of times since. Not online yet though. Which mode is good to start with for online?
Yeah maybe Blast. Definitely the most boring though. I'd go to Walker assault pretty quickly.

I dunno, granted I did play the beta and hence walker assault which I thoroughly enjoyed, I started off with supremacy once the full game came out and enjoy it so much that I still haven't played walker assault since.

People are idiots in Supremacy. It's annoying when there may be 1 minute left and you desperately need to take a point to keep the game going and people are flying around in ships having their own little skirmishes.

People are idiots in Supremacy. It's annoying when there may be 1 minute left and you desperately need to take a point to keep the game going and people are flying around in ships having their own little skirmishes.
But it makes you feel like even more of a hero when you cap a zone all by yourself, so it's ok :p

But it makes you feel like even more of a hero when you cap a zone all by yourself, so it's ok :p

Perhaps, although having to defend a zone all on your own with no help is pretty annoying, especially if you die and spawn ages away.

In the PC version there is at least text chat but there is NOTHING on PS4. I can understand the lack of voice communication as having 20 people in your ear would be a nightmare (particularly in Europe where it'd be in 5 different languages) but would it kill to have a few in-built team commands on hotkeys?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps, although having to defend a zone all on your own with no help is pretty annoying, especially if you die and spawn ages away.

In the PC version there is at least text chat but there is NOTHING on PS4. I can understand the lack of voice communication as having 20 people in your ear would be a nightmare (particularly in Europe where it'd be in 5 different languages) but would it kill to have a few in-built team commands on hotkeys?

I haven't got this game yet, new PC should be ready this week but ill hold off as the reviews of this suggest it is poo.

On the comms thing, surely they can implement firegroups or squads or whatever so that you only have x amount of people on your comms line. Like 5 firegoups of 4 in a 20 man team, assigned by however you like (not familiar with the game).

Is only a maximum of 3 per team in ships.

A bit pointless on Supremacy, but control in the air can make or break a game of Walker Assault, they can do massive damage to the Walkers.

Is only a maximum of 3 per team in ships.

A bit pointless on Supremacy, but control in the air can make or break a game of Walker Assault, they can do massive damage to the Walkers.

True. Endor is fun as you don't have them. They're the most useless on the desert map (Tatooine yeah?) where you don't have the open areas of Hoth or the other one so targeting people is a bitch.

Kamakazeeing AT-STs is the most effective strategy as rebels I find.

I haven't got this game yet, new PC should be ready this week but ill hold off as the reviews of this suggest it is poo.

On the comms thing, surely they can implement firegroups or squads or whatever so that you only have x amount of people on your comms line. Like 5 firegoups of 4 in a 20 man team, assigned by however you like (not familiar with the game).

It's not poo. It's a fun, beautiful looking and sounding game but it's very shallow.

It's a question of how much money you're willing to spend on such a thing.

True. Endor is fun as you don't have them. They're the most useless on the desert map (Tatooine yeah?) where you don't have the open areas of Hoth or the other one so targeting people is a bitch.

Kamakazeeing AT-STs is the most effective strategy as rebels I find.

tatooine is the most important map for having air support
as the rebels i often jump in an A wing and wipe out waves of troopers coming over the hill trying to take the sandcrawler point. as long as you can hold this point you win the game.
as such the empire needs ties in the air because my strafing runs can take out 4-5 at a time, i can then mop up guys in the valley when i circle back for another run.

plus you need something to take out the AT-ST.

the lava planet is less effective as the terrain rarely gets people caught out in the open as there's always ways around the point.

whilst the main point on hoth is to hold the hanger point if you hold that point there's no need for any air support if you don't have that point ******* take it!
9 times out of 10 you lose that point and you lose the game air combat is pointless so long as that point is held.

It's not poo. It's a fun, beautiful looking and sounding game but it's very shallow.

It's a question of how much money you're willing to spend on such a thing.

Most reviews say its poo. If there's 5 hours of content, it's poo.

i'm sure ill love walking around gazing at the scenery as much as the next guy, for a few hours. Then go back to ghost recon phantoms,which is butt ugly but goes deep

tatooine is the most important map for having air support
as the rebels i often jump in an A wing and wipe out waves of troopers coming over the hill trying to take the sandcrawler point. as long as you can hold this point you win the game.
as such the empire needs ties in the air because my strafing runs can take out 4-5 at a time, i can then mop up guys in the valley when i circle back for another run.

plus you need something to take out the AT-ST.

the lava planet is less effective as the terrain rarely gets people caught out in the open as there's always ways around the point.

whilst the main point on hoth is to hold the hanger point if you hold that point there's no need for any air support if you don't have that point ******* take it!
9 times out of 10 you lose that point and you lose the game air combat is pointless so long as that point is held.

I find it near impossible to kill infantry with ships, and Sullust is the best planet to do so cause the troops really hug each side of the map and hug the walls as they move they're easier to target.

I find it near impossible to kill infantry with ships, and Sullust is the best planet to do so cause the troops really hug each side of the map and hug the walls as they move they're easier to target.
Me too - but you see some people zip around wiping out troops. No idea how they do it. If I slow down enough to even see troops I get shot out of the sky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back