Injury Steve Johnson - foot soreness

Remove this Banner Ad

So moon boot isn't a fashion statement in Geelong then.
By "moon boot" do you mean this?
Purple%20Moccasin.jpg

If so then yes.

Anyone know whats his actual problem? Brayshaw said on the FS he has trouble with a foot hotspot and maybe a bit more serious than what they're letting out. You wouldn't need a scan for that though.
Could easily be a stress fracture, which often can't be seen by regular X-ray, but are detected from a bone scan.

I hope this is not the case, as that would be serious.

Anyone know whats his actual problem? Brayshaw said on the FS he has trouble with a foot hotspot and maybe a bit more serious than what they're letting out. You wouldn't need a scan for that though.
Brayshaw said that came from Billy Brownless (who is close to Stevie). On crutches three, four days after the game and they "don't really know what it is", plus this doesn't give me a great feeling. I think they will be looking at finals and wouldn't be surprised to see him miss more than one H&A.

Ironically if he was suspended for kneeing Thompson he might have avoided this injury.
Might be what's been keeping him pretty quiet for most of the year, too, SJ :(
Remember Bartel had a pretty quiet year (by his standards) in 2012 and we found out at the end of the season that he'd been playing with a minor fracture of the foot for most of the season- requiring surgery at the end of the season. Still, Stevie J playing at 75% is still > most of our VFL players.

Might be what's been keeping him pretty quiet for most of the year, too, SJ :(
Remember Bartel had a pretty quiet year (by his standards) in 2012 and we found out at the end of the season that he'd been playing with a minor fracture of the foot for most of the season- requiring surgery at the end of the season. Still, Stevie J playing at 75% is still > most of our VFL players.
Or he may have fallen off a wall somewhere over the last few days,boy can we milk the smallest thing here at big footy into some kind a colossus.

Last edited:
Or he may have fallen off a wall somewhere over the last few days,boy can we milk the smallest thing here at big footy into some kind of colossus.

Isn't that some type of plant, ypo?

Yeah, I know- I'm clutching at straws to explain Stevie J early 2014 vs Stevie J late 2014. Maybe I should get a special emoticon which signifies a straw-clutching theory?

Last edited:
Isn't that some type of plant, ypo?

Yeah, I know- I'm clutching at straws to explain Stevie J early 2014 vs Stevie J late 2014. Maybe I should get a special emoticon which signifies a straw-clutching theory?
Probably but I've given up spell check,plenty here will do it for me TC.I have however made the correction before Fred or VC stumble along.

No I actually saw it. Didn't get a chance to google it for a meaning. I had no idea what the word was :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way to detect a hot spot is with a scan-MRI, or Bone Scan
MRI is the only one used these days, and if they find a hot spot, a CT scan is used to determine its severity

So if he doesn't play til the first final thats a month off... gonna be problematic if that's the case normally 6-8 needed... shiet.

Jimmy on the footy show this morning mentioned that Stevie J has a stress fracture in he's foot.
Interesting

Jimmy on the footy show this morning mentioned that Stevie J has a stress fracture in he's foot.
Interesting

He'll still play, we know he has a pretty high pain tolerance (from 2011 and other instances) so providing he is still able to run well, he will play finals.

Earlier in the year you'd give him 6 weeks off but he won't want that now with a flag to attack. Probably gets 1 more off just to give him as much rest as possible, then back in rnd 23.

He'll still play, we know he has a pretty high pain tolerance (from 2011 and other instances) so providing he is still able to run well, he will play finals.

Earlier in the year you'd give him 6 weeks off but he won't want that now with a flag to attack. Probably gets 1 more off just to give him as much rest as possible, then back in rnd 23.

id give him the Hawks game off, then plays a managed 1/2 against Lions if ti can be done and then the reins come off.

Go Catters

Starting to get worried about this one. SJ is many things, but he has consistently been one of our absolute best finals players, apart from maybe 2009GF in mitigating circumstances. If we are to do any damage at all this finals series - We need SJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back