Official Club Stuff Taylor Hunt - Round 1 Debut

Is Taylor Hunt a good fit for RFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Solid footballer but we have only room for kids now. If we had of been a bit harder with the assessment of our list we would have room for him. I doubt he'll want to be a rookie as another club would more than likely offer him a place on their list.

Solid footballer but we have only room for kids now. If we had of been a bit harder with the assessment of our list we would have room for him. I doubt he'll want to be a rookie as another club would more than likely offer him a place on their list.

I never know whether retreads will be good or bad for us - the only one I liked straight away was Bachar Houli.

The kid can play alright. Very good tagger . It's opportunities like this that we need to get our delistings right so we can jump on them and still invest in the draft.

I remember this kid being highly rated at the Cats only a year or two ago, does anybody know what has caused them to drop off him so much?

He's only 23, so I doubt it's his age, and he's played 60 odd games, so he should be starting to enter his prime in regards to his experience + age profile.

What's the go? :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong defender Taylor Hunt is looking for a fresh start, and will be officially delisted in coming days.

Hunt is open to leaving Victoria should an opportunity present, with a couple of clubs showing interest. It is understood that Hunt was shopped around by Geelong during the trade period, but there was limited interest.

The 23-year-old fell out of favour this year, playing just seven AFL games, and none since round nine. He was kept out of action during the final two months of the VFL season due to a groin injury.

The delisted free agency period begins on November 1, the day after first list lodgments must be made.

St Kilda had showed interest early, but list constraints may prevent it from acquiring Hunt.

Taken at pick 49 in the 2008 draft, Hunt has played 63 games, primarily as a midfield tagger or defender. A fringe player for much of his six years at Simonds Stadium, he enjoyed his most consistent year in 2012, playing 21 games and a final after being overlooked for the September action over the previous two seasons.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-be-delisted-by-st-kilda-20141020-118qf4.html

We need a tagger and showed interest last year.

We need someone to stop the better players and with Jackson gone, see him as ideal. He also possesses pace.

Can play midfield tagger or as a lock down small defender.

For free and cheap, do it.

Pretty much all of this. We have no ready made replacement for Jacko yet, hunt fills this gap

A fringe player for 6 seasons averaging just over 10 games a season? Hmmm. :$

If we're serious about making finals next year and consistently then surely we'd want to see a more impressive CV than that?

I just think from this point on our recycled players should be of the calibre of Dal Santo, Ryder, Giles, Greenwood, Malceski, Frawley and maybe Varcoe and even Griffen. I know that some of these players were never destined to make it to Richmond, however my point is this is the type we should be chasing. We need to be making serious moves.

Oh, and add a two month layoff with a groin injury? Respectfully PASS.

If we're serious about making finals next year and consistently then surely we'd want to see a more impressive CV than that?

I just think from this point on our recycled players should be of the calibre of Dal Santo, Ryder, Giles, Greenwood, Malceski, Frawley and maybe Varcoe and even Griffen. I know that some of these players were never destined to make it to Richmond, however my point is this is the type we should be chasing. We need to be making serious moves.

Fair points but you have to remember when players of that calibre become available there will be 17 other clubs that will throw their hat in the ring. If we can get someone like Hunt for a reasonable deal I say go for it. Saves us getting in a bidding war and paying overs for a slightly better player.

Hunt is only 23 also so I'd suggest there's still a fair bit of improvement left yet...

Fair points but you have to remember when players of that calibre become available there will be 17 other clubs that will throw their hat in the ring. If we can get someone like Hunt for a reasonable deal I say go for it. Saves us getting in a bidding war and paying overs for a slightly better player.

Hunt is only 23 also so I'd suggest there's still a fair bit of improvement left yet...

Did the Hawks pay overs for Gibson, Lake, Burgoyne, McEvoy, Hale, Gunston, Spangher and Simpkin?

I've loved their recruiting targets over the past 4-5 seasons. Quality that meets a specific need obtained in a stealth like manner.

Varcoe is a horrible footballer....absolutely terrible. If he had gone to a club that wasn't as successful as Geelong he would have been delisted years ago. I would take Tambling before Varcoe.

Definitely need a tagger and he's a proven tagger of good players.

Why do we need a tagger??

Taggers are usually for contenders looking to fill in a gap/match up issue.

We simply are not near contention to worry about taggers IMO.

Have RFC simply got it all wrong and massively overrated the list not grasping the list needed a lot more talent recruitment and development?

At 23 I suggest with the body type little improvement.

Think we need to go to the draft at get talent that way like Hawthorn so when we have the talent and midas touch like Hawthorn we can attract better players!

Back