Official Club Stuff Taylor Hunt - Round 1 Debut

Is Taylor Hunt a good fit for RFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as Dan is in his office about 10 metres away from me I can happily dispute this.

Can you go in there and tell him to pass this message on to anyone and everyone involved in the draft....

Reach for the utensil

No more battlers from opposition clubs was the big call during trade period.
Not even a week later and it seems everyone is in favour of picking up a battler from an opposition club.

its a win-win

IGNORE HUNT
- club is s**t because it ignores a low cost option to cover a known deficiency at our club

RECRUIT HUNT
- club is s**t because it continues to ignore the lessons of successful clubs, and continues to draft other clubs discards in the ongoing spudification of our side

either way...... ITS ALL NEWMANS FAULT!!!!!

Seeing as Dan is in his office about 10 metres away from me I can happily dispute this.
Hopefully for Dan isn't reading Big Footy like you, otherwise I hold grave fears for his well being.

Exactly if Lids plays in the forward line and better players around Cotch no need to worry about taggers.

We are focusing on taggers because our support players are not good enough!

Get Cocky in to free up Cotch tag!!

Cocky is too quick for a tag and dish out to Cotch in space away from a tag!!
So you're pinning our hopes on getting a kid in who has never played AFL footy to help out Cotch and Lids......Ummm, good luck with that.

So you're pinning our hopes on getting a kid in who has never played AFL footy to help out Cotch and Lids......Ummm, good luck with that.

Not sure you are on about but all draftees(excluding second hand draftees) have never played AFL before they play their first game including Cotch and Lids pre-first game.

For starters Lids can handle himself in the forward line and 2, you underrate the utensil seemingly! I am sure the utensil will handle himself with maturity in the midfield along side Cotch. I am sure the utensil will need little guidance!

well it goes to show you that you dont have to be that good to make an impression in our midfield to show up cotch, lids and dusty... an unwanted player at GWS came off our rookie list and took the competition by storm, would have won our B&F if we was there all year.... ok a stretch but who says a similar kid cant step straight in and offer something from the get go? if he is a reasnable size and a genuine ball magnet

Could see him being a player we use for defensive jobs on quick opponents, Matty White did a bit of that job a few years back when guys like Yarran were ripping us up

Yarran was the only person White ever successfully tagged. I still have nightmares of when we played him on Harvey.

I say sign him up if he's fit. Right age for our list and coming from one of the best clubs in the last 5-6 years where he can hopefully bring something to the team (not just on the field but with his standards in training etc).

If he's fit and healthy, I don't see why we shouldn't give him a chance.

Put it this way, I'd rather have someone like Hunt tagging Dangerfield or Griffen than watching Grigg plodding along 10 meters behind or Thomas busting a gut trying to keep up. :D
This alone has changed my view. I voted no but now its a yes for me.
If its Grigg or Hunt I chose Hunt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All these guys writing off Taylor Hunt already, wonder what their opinion was regarding Miles getting picked up as a rookie?
Has proven he has the capabilities to perform in an AFL side like Geelong. Have heard that they rate Guthrie and Smedts higher internally and Hunt was seen to be 'not that great' of a decision maker. Neither was Jackson, but they do share the same hunger and grunt for the ball and the opposition. A more well groomed Mitch Robinson. Worth a punt, and at 23, has plenty of time to improve and if he performs well in the preseason and at VFL level, is able to slot right into the starting 22.

Yarran was the only person White ever successfully tagged. I still have nightmares of when we played him on Harvey.

Why should White ever tag? He's an elite midfielder remember

If my calculations are correct we can fill up to 6 senior spots and forgo 2 spots on the rookie list. It will hit our cap a little more but we had room for a gun this off-season but it didn't eventuate.

I would say take our 4 draft picks, take our 3 rookie picks we have left (maybe one a mature back-up ruck), and bring in two DFA's or a mature player through PSD. At this stage I would be taking Petrenko and Hunt but I haven't had a good scope.

People may be getting up in arms as these players haven't established themselves in other teams but what they fail to see is these players are experienced and at prime age. If we get a couple of injuries we need cover, these players are cover, if things go well they are best 22 and improve the team. It is a small risk but I think you can sign DFAs on 1-year deals which means they are basically filling a delistable spot until we have more draft picks or free agents to pick up.

If we don't have injuries to key players like we did this year, these kinds of fringe players will be a lot more important to help cover injuries and also list competition in the VFL for senior spots.

There is a reason Geelong (VFL) and Box Hill have been key players in the success of their clubs. Strong VFL clubs keep their senior teams honest and get rid of passengers, passengers like Grigg who reached a level and never tried to improve.

who do the hawks and swans have as a tagger?
What you need is well rounded footballers, guys that get it and also have a defensive mindset, relying on a tagger means you are targeting 1 player, good sides deal with that
what do the hawks do to opposition taggers??
a bit of that might help?
If he was such a good tagger and tagging is the way to go why is geelong getting rid of him? and who is their tagger now? i would suggest its Guthrie
Liam Shiel is the hawks run with player, and now Cunningham is the tagger for the swans.

Back