Official Club Stuff Taylor Hunt - Round 1 Debut

Is Taylor Hunt a good fit for RFC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really solid debut by Hunt - most disposals (27) of any player out there and had 5 tackles to boot. Adds some speed, run, grunt and composure to our midfield. If this is the benchmark for what he can bring to the side, he'll prove to be a great player for us!

Hopefully his family were on hand to see him realise a dream of playing for the mighty yellow and black! :D

Another inspired piece of recruiting it seems. Awesome debut. Here's hoping he stays fit and keeps going.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

I don't think it was a mark against Geelong that he was so good for us. They have a fair few mids who can win a bit inside but have a great outside tank, on the other hand coming to Richmond he's like a one eyed man in the land of the blind. No coincidence for mine that our outside runners were out best players.

I am not surprised. He had the talent. He was easily among our best 22 in 2013 before he broke his clavicle and from that point on he lost confidence/form. I had watched him in the VFL last year and he was very ordinary and did not deserve senior selection.

But prior to that injury, not only was he a nullifying tagging player, but he was hurting teams with his attacking game by kicking goals.

I made a comment on your forum when Poodle was first traded to Richmond that he had the ability but he needed the right people around him to deal with (what I perceived were) the mental scars of the shoulder injury. He certainly did not look like a man down on confidence last night.

Travis Varcoe suffered the same problem after successive shoulder recos.
It will be interesting to see how they both progress from here.

All the best to Poodle Hunt.

I am not surprised. He had the talent. He was easily among our best 22 in 2013 before he broke his clavicle and from that point on he lost confidence/form. I had watched him in the VFL last year and he was very ordinary and did not deserve senior selection.

But prior to that injury, not only was he a nullifying tagging player, but he was hurting teams with his attacking game by kicking goals.

I made a comment on your forum when Poodle was first traded to Richmond that he had the ability but he needed the right people around him to deal with (what I perceived were) the mental scars of the shoulder injury. He certainly did not look like a man down on confidence last night.

Travis Varcoe suffered the same problem after successive shoulder recos.
It will be interesting to see how they both progress from here.

All the best to Poodle Hunt.
Cheers for that.
I have been impressed with his foot skills as he rarely misses a target. Also never realized how hard he works. Great get for us. You can never have enough players like that. Quality person too.

I still think he lacks good decision making skills especially whilst under pressure. Works hard, plays tough which are both great attributes but I still think he wastes a lot of disposals and can put his teammates under pressure.

He was very good tonight but didn't have an opponent while the rest of the midfield was solidly tagged. Not sure he will see so much ball if Cotchin Martin and Ellis are free to roam.

He has learned not to try to take everyone on all the time which has been a valuable lesson, though he still does a little and tends to drop the ball at the moment of physical contact. I also do not think he is a very good tagger.

But a clever piece of recruiting I think regardless, he will be serviceable.

Getting him for virtually nothing is a steal in itself, we have a lot to work with. Hopefully he can improve some small things on his game and take it to the next level at a new club.

He was very good tonight but didn't have an opponent while the rest of the midfield was solidly tagged. Not sure he will see so much ball if Cotchin Martin and Ellis are free to roam.

He has learned not to try to take everyone on all the time which has been a valuable lesson, though he still does a little and tends to drop the ball at the moment of physical contact. I also do not think he is a very good tagger.

But a clever piece of recruiting I think regardless, he will be serviceable.
If Cotchin, Martin and Ellis are free to roam we won't need Hunt to be a standout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great pick-up. And reassuring to see that he's still doing that weird thing with his socks, where he hides the hoops so they look like they're one solid colour.

No he was just wearing Tiger socks while playing for Geelong

Gee he surprised me, ran hard all night and I agree with the poster who said Hunt and McIntosh alongside Ellis on the wings made life so much easier in transition.
He's got an inside game and a mean defensive streak too, he's best 18 if he continues to play to his strengths like last night!

Back