The draft according to Gee Dub

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you have Parsons way too high, he is very exciting to watch but way too inconsistent for me. No Weideman on you rankings or Draft?

I think Parsons is the type of player who can hurt you without many touches. I think he is more likely to make it as a player compared to most of those eligible just because of what he does bring.

I don't rate Weideman too highly. Around the 65 mark. He will go higher in the phantom because others seem to rate him higher than me but he doesn't have much to his game other than marking and even that is pretty inconsistent.

Finally got around to an update. So far only the power rankings have been done (which is really the most important at the moment). I am still working on the phantom. Not sure when it will be done but no real rush. It is July after all.

Finally got around to an update. So far only the power rankings have been done (which is really the most important at the moment). I am still working on the phantom. Not sure when it will be done but no real rush. It is July after all.

If Essendon have pick 4 and Schache, Weitering & Francis are gone, who do they take?

If Essendon have pick 4 and Schache, Weitering & Francis are gone, who do they take?

You'd think Brisbane take Schache so they would be happy with either Weitering or Francis. Taking in to account the Carlisle question they go with Francis as he could potentially play at either end.

Essendon have been smashed out of the centre and are the worst clearance team from both around the ground and centre stoppages, and 5th worst in the league in contested possessions. I'd be taking bidding on Jacob Hopper and taking Rhys Mathieson there. Parish maybe and Partington maybe but Mathieson to me is clearly the best non academy midfielder and fits a need for them.

Don't rate any of the talls remaining to go in the first round so would be a waste to pick them at 4 with such midfield quality around.

Gee Dub,
Have heard that we will be looking at Clayton Oliver with our 3rd pick. Skippos suggested you might know more about this guy than most. What can you tell me about him?

Gee Dub,
Have heard that we will be looking at Clayton Oliver with our 3rd pick. Skippos suggested you might know more about this guy than most. What can you tell me about him?

I could see that happening, particularly with most of the good inside players likely to go early on and most of the later picks to be speculative outside types. Oliver is a big bodied player who can win clearances and find the footy with ease. He excels around the stoppages and generally has clean hands. He is a poor kick though, although he can get around this by shovelling out handballs to his runners as his first option when he gets his hands on the ball. He reminds me a bit of Nick Holman when he was playing at the Bushies.

As Skippos said though his main knock so far has been that his form has come about when the better players were playing Champs footy. Sorta like a racehorse that steps up to group one level after dominating in listed and country races, you just want to have a look at how it goes at the next level vefore you back it in.

If he can continue his recent VFL form and translate that into helping the Bushies go deep into September then you can expect to hear his name get called out. To me, he doesn't really seem like a Richmond sort of player, with Miles filling that role of an inside mid with poor running ability and below average kicking but you never know.

Obviously I had hoped to update this much more frequently but I had a rude awakening in what being an adult was really like and had to cut back on my bigfooty time and writing time a bit. Anyway this is my final update, with more to come as I write it. Have currently only done up to Pick 30 as far as write ups go (at 9.45pm) but might just post the rest up without writeups depending on how I go for time tonight.

I can't see Carlton picking up Callum Ah Chee. A small forward is the last type of player we would be looking at (especially an inconsistent one).

I can't see Carlton picking up Callum Ah Chee. A small forward is the last type of player we would be looking at (especially an inconsistent one).

I think with the amount of early picks they have, they will take talent and best available. Although you have lost Menzel, Betts and Garlett in the last two years.

I think with the amount of early picks they have, they will take talent and best available. Although you have lost Menzel, Betts and Garlett in the last two years.
and Waite, Henderson, Robinson, Judd, Carrazzo, Yarran, Bell and Ellard. Who do you think they will miss the most?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it but I don't think Hawks are big fans of one trick pony midfielders anymore. Sewell didn't even get picked for a GF due to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back