Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I just see franklin head butt Thompson?
Iraqi-Information-Minister.jpeg

See what? I see nothing

One thing I noticed is that buddy's hands have improved so much since he has left the hawks...is that a blight on the hawks coaching staff?
More happy endings in Sydney with the missus up there - less use of his own hands outside game day.

The conveniently forgotten story of the year is Buddy vs us in the grand final.

These things have a way of rearing their head. Hope it comes to fruition.
Would be a fitting end....if we make it. Buddy has been up and firing. Hopefully next week is his stinker. It's about due.

Edit: just thinking that buddy potentially faces a double whammy. Not only did he play in a losing GF in 2012, how good would it be him losing again in 2014. Would be karma at its very best.

But first we need to deal with Port.

Last edited:
Dear Lance,
We at Hawthorn drafted you, developed you, nurtured your talent, believed in you, grew with you, sheltered you, covered up for you, PAYED BIG $$$ for you, MADE YOU!!! On the back of this the club and yourself shared in some glorious victories and heartbreaking defeats...

eg let me remind you of the 2012 grand final AGAINST THE SWANS YOU SNAKE, we were favorites, not only to win that premiership, but to go onto a 3peat (i truly believed that and mentioned it several times before that game was played and after) and for you to go down in history as a 4x Premiership winning HAWK (possibly more)...now those red & white scum bags stole 1 of your flags from you, and you being the piss weak character that you are, decide that after they have stripped you of your flag (basically on the back of your now highly questionable inaccurate goal kicking) that you would start negotiations to be traded to this side??? Besides $$$ which you would have got plenty of anyway what were you thinking???

Oh that's right you left the club that created and developed everything that you are because you chased tail....now I understand how you got the nickname "buddy" cause when you made stupid decisions (like carrying on like a complete tool in night clubs cause u were off your nut) the boys would be like...you need to pull your head in 'buddy' (as in mate or pal). Shaking their heads while dragging you out the back exit.

Well Buddy, if your little brain hadnt comprehended the enormity of your decision to leave Hawthorn for Sydney here it is young fella about to smack you squarely in the face...this is not a home and away game, im not sure what you thought but the Hawks were never going to not contend for Flags...and with you added to their already advantageous salary cap, AFL spoon fed team the Swans would rise again to contend also...so the obvious conclusion was that you would have to square off against your original carer, provider, nurturer, tutor in the BIG DANCE in 14' and for what...Love.....plllllleeeeassseee LMAO she loves ur coin buddy thats all...

Now as much as we have had to painfully let you go so you could follow heart and or wallet the time has come to put our foot down on the 27th Sept 2014'.
Now here is how it is going to go down Buddy...you can choose to help in the Hawthorn rolling of Sydney (by missing crucial easy set shots like you may or may not have deliberately done in 12'), knowing at the end in defeat you actual win some moral, ethical and respect back.
Or 2...you can go down swinging, knowing ever time you effectively possess the pill or kick a goal is another stab wound to a family that once treated you as its own...EITHER WAY YOUR GOING TO GO DOWN FOR YOUR TREACHERY

Well thats how it would go down if there was justice in this world, but alas my last hopes of believing in justice, that good triumphs over evil, equity, money isnt everything and cant buy happiness, may just come down to my faith that deep down you may still be a hawk and that you would rather cost yourself another medal (maturing to understand that by kicking goals you would be effectively kicking Rough, Gibbo and Lewis in the head) than to hurt your REAL mates and family by playing in a winning GF AGAINST HAWTHORN and in the process shredding many peoples belief systems. We will see truly who you are and what character you are next Saturday...Good Luck

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its not football anymore more...but how bout giving someone like Spangher a spot in the GF team with a job of using some old school off the ball tactics...u know what i will just come out and say it....Send someone to put the DOG out of COMMISSION...and yeah they will cop weeks, but at least they will have medallion around their necks and the love of (most ??) Hawk supporters.

I just cant for the life of me imagine Dermott or Dipper or Matthews allowing this guy to walk into Hawthorns HOME and take away another FLAG and give it to the SWANS!!! If they beat us without Fcklin after that I can live with that....but you cant just allow him to waltz in, after shafting the club soooooo hard, and allow him to perform on THE Grandest Stage of them ALL the way he wants...no Mr Franklin - Be wary an accidental knee to ur skull......

But than our Flag would be tainted in the eyes of other clubs...and the club would probably get some punishment from the SWANFL...so the HFC will not lower ourselves to your Scumbag standards and will beat you on merit you dog!!!!!!

If she wanted to give us more ammo, then "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

I posted this in the Bay. When you think about it he's done nothing but troll us since moving

As we all know the biggest subplot this week is without question Buddy Franklin lining up against Hawthorn. Since October 2013 there has been a sense of inevitability about this match up. Retribution for 2012, the Hawks first and only loss in a Grand Final since 1987 (having won in 1988-89, 1991, 2008 and saluting in 2013 since), a team that stole a player we idolised. But this aint no goo prefixed thread!

For those with long memories, the story of Buddy leaving Hawthorn and joining the Bloodz stemmed from an obscure request by his then player manager in the days following the 2012 Grand Final. A game we lost by 10 points, a game that the Swans broke the record for the most tackles, a game we won the Inside 50 count 65-47 and a game that Buddy kicked 2.4 in a game he probably should have won off his own boot. To borrow a Clarko line, they out tackled us and played the ball longer and harder than us and it hurt like hell.

The fact that 'the decision' completely overwhelmed our 2013 season (a 22-3 season), his decision to join the Swans and leave the Hawthorn FC to chase more premierships left a bitter taste in the mouths of many a fan (and if you talk in the right circles HFC officials). When all is said and done the Buddy speculation ruined the enjoyment in what was one of the great seasons in recent times. Heck most of us were preoccupied with renaming our dogs, switching jumper numbers, hiding portraits and finding new storylines for a dodgy tatt - our Geelong Day Premiers if you will. Heck I changed all my passwords in defiance!

From that day, September 27 has been marked as the day for retribution...

Since that day, Buddy has done nothing but troll the hell out of Hawthorn.

From taking the #23 across the Barassi Line (thats our number!), totalling a lifelong Hawthorn fans car*, claiming that only the Bloodz Kulture had allowed him to excel as a player, kicking a characteristic 2.7 in a 19 point Swans victory against us (all in to last quarter, no joke!)...heck we've even had dear little Jacinta Campbell whine that disrespectful Hawthorn fans should show more respect to a 'sporting legend'**

No joke, that actually happened!

As for this weekend. There are two guarantees in football...
  • Buddy will cop a vitriol, the like of never seen before and after...
  • Buddy's performance (like 2012) will define for better or worse who will the premiership
My tip. Buddy will kick 4.2 and the Bloodz will win by 10 points in the act of ultimate troll...

For all us foundation Bay members this is without question the best storyline in the history of the Bay!

Anyone see ex chelsea footballer frank lampards' reaction to firstly scoring and kicking the winning goal for man city against his old team?

All class no celebration just acknowledgment from his current team mates ... No fist pumping look at me look at me celebration no mouth wide open screaming crap...

Then after the game he went up to his old supporters and clapped them and acknowledged them for the support they gave him over the years.

Now compare that to franklin....Buddy is a classless dog that wants respect from hawks supporters... But showed no respect when he upped and left with a bogus 9 year deal.

He is well and truly the enemy now he stands between us in being back to back premiers and I wish him nothing but pain.

Clarko needs to remind whoever is playing on Buddy that he seldom clasps the ball at the 1st bite & to simply sweat on his 2nd grasp to knock the ball clear...This requires a cool head & concentration....He will also attempt to play-on & shoot at all costs as his nerves with set-shot routines are shot to hell!

We as supporters, need to get inside his head & boo the s**t out of the Slime-bucket at every opportunity & as vociferously as possible!

Lets just hope the Footy Gods & the Karma Train are present at the M.C.G come Grand Final day!....

Finally a big * you to the AFL.....You dirty, rotten, money-grubbing, corrupt, duplicitous pieces of mother-******* pieces of s**t!

2011- Robbed by the umps....2012- Robbed by the AFL....We must make this one count!

Clarko needs to remind whoever is playing on Buddy that he seldom clasps the ball at the 1st bite & to simply sweat on his 2nd grasp to knock the ball clear...This requires a cool head & concentration....He will also attempt to play-on & shoot at all costs as his nerves with set-shot routines are shot to hell!

We as supporters, need to get inside his head & boo the s**t out of the Slime-bucket at every opportunity & as vociferously as possible!

Lets just hope the Footy Gods & the Karma Train are present at the M.C.G come Grand Final day!....

Finally a big **** you to the AFL.....You dirty, rotten, money-grubbing, corrupt, duplicitous pieces of mother-******* pieces of s**t!

2011- Robbed by the umps....2012- Robbed by the AFL....We must make this one count!

well said, although i would of not been able to get a breath if i spoke all that myself......i agree this is ours for the taking its time to take a STAND its like 89 you gotta PAY THE PRICE....old stuff i know, but when dirty mongrels like franklin can screw us over like we never existed SOMEBODY GOTTA DO SOMETHING and its up to us pay the price or ELSE.

for all the reasons mentioned above, and I mentioned in another thread, IF we get up this could be one of the most celebrated Hawks GF victories (by fans at least) in a long time, the ultimate pay back the ultimate revenge and I don't want to miss the chance to be a part of that....

but there is also the other end of the scale!

Ill vomit if he wins the brownlow
Looking over previous winners in the last decade and there's a pattern where if the Brownlow medalist is in a Grand Finalists team then they go on to lose.

Hope Kennedy and Franklin tie for first place if there's anything to that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back