Wii/U The Nintendo Wii U thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I said it a while ago but Splatoon is a game I should have no interest in. Looks kiddie and I'm not a big shooter player. Yet I want in.

On another note picked up darksiders 2 this week as a bit of a novelty and the fact it's gonna become hard to find. I think this means I've become a collector because I have no intention atm to play it

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Splatoon in May makes for a good time to be a Wii U owner...... not that it wasn't already :p

Damn shame the Wii U is doing so poorly, its unique games like Splatoon that deserve a larger audience over all the gritty dudebro s**t. Speaking of how poorly the Wii U is doing, talking to a mate at work about the lack of PS4 games being released over the next few months, I say "good thing I've got a Wii U, this years looking pretty good for that" to which he replies "What's a Wii U? is it like the Wii?"

Yep, Nintendo really stuffed up this time, even now there's still people that dont know what it is. Lets hope they can at least get the naming right with their next console.
It's a shame because the library of the Wii U is amazing, yet it's supposedly non existent.

Games I have are:

1. ACIII
2. ACIV
3. ZombiU
4. LoZ: WWHD
5. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
6. Nintendoland
7. Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut
8. Bayonetta 1
9. Bayonetta 2
10. MK8
11. Scribblenauts Unlimited
12. Splinter Cell: Blacklist
13. Darksiders 2
14. FIFA 13
15. Super Mario World 3D
16. Mass Effect 3
17. COD: BO2
18. Pikmin 3
19. FIFA 13
20. Batman Arkham City
21. Hyrule Warriors
22. SSB

and some Skylanders game I got with the Console.

There's some really quality games in there and about 10 exclusives.

I don't have another current gen console atm (am waiting for Witcher 3 to come out), but I really doubt they can boast a library anywhere near as good as that and if they can, they can't get anywhere near that amount of exclusives.

Last edited:
It's a shame because the library of the Wii U is amazing, yet it's supposedly non existent.

Games I have are:

1. ACIII
2. ACIV
3. ZombiU
4. LoZ: WWHD
5. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
6. Nintendoland
7. Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut
8. Bayonetta 1
9. Bayonetta 2
10. MK8
11. Scribblenauts Unlimited
12. Splinter Cell: Blacklist
13. Darksiders 2
14. FIFA 13
15. Super Mario World 3D
16. Mass Effect 3
17. COD: BO2
18. Pikmin 3
19. FIFA 13
20. Batman Arkham City
21. Hyrule Warriors

and some Skylanders game I got with the Console.

There's some really quality games in there and about 10 exclusives.

I don't have another current gen console atm (am waiting for Witcher 3 to come out), but I really doubt they can boast a library anywhere near as good as that and if they can, they can't get anywhere near that amount of exclusives.
The Wonderful 101 is another you could consider.

Wii U is definitely the stupidest name imaginable but I think people respect it a bit now, my mates have been on Xbox/PS for 5+ years but they got bored of that and by the start of this year were talking about buying a Wii U.. we've ended up going back to Gamecube, Double Dash and Melee will do for now!!

Wii U is definitely the stupidest name imaginable but I think people respect it a bit now, my mates have been on Xbox/PS for 5+ years but they got bored of that and by the start of this year were talking about buying a Wii U.. we've ended up going back to Gamecube, Double Dash and Melee will do for now!!
I think they missed the boat by not calling it Wii-2 (the dumb pun could continue as 'Wii-Too')

It's going to be looked back on really favourably imo. There are a lot of parallels to the Dreamcast and that's one of the most popular systems in hindsight.

Seriously the Wii U is the stupidest name I completely agree. Most people just think/ thought it was an add on for the wii.

Is it unusual that I find it really hard to play Wii games? I mean I really like some of them. Twilight Princess, Little King's Story, Super Mario Galaxy just to name a few. But I just cannot stand the wiimote and nunchuck. It's the entire reason I don't even consider playing them. Believe it or not the only game I enjoyed playing was Boom Street, mainly because you use the wiimote like a conventional controller. Plus it looks like it's a N64 game... That's not a good thing except if you grew up on a 64.

Is it unusual that I find it really hard to play Wii games? I mean I really like some of them. Twilight Princess, Little King's Story, Super Mario Galaxy just to name a few. But I just cannot stand the wiimote and nunchuck. It's the entire reason I don't even consider playing them. Believe it or not the only game I enjoyed playing was Boom Street, mainly because you use the wiimote like a conventional controller. Plus it looks like it's a N64 game... That's not a good thing except if you grew up on a 64.
The more games you could play using a standard controller, the better. Except Kart. Being able to use the Wheel successfully was bad ass.

there isn't anything real good for 3DS which is a shame. I will probably hold on to my points for Wii U stuff.

speaking of which, we're getting a Splatoon bundle:

CDKTSJpW4AEOMKc.jpg:large

$360 RRP which is OK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there isn't anything real good for 3DS which is a shame. I will probably hold on to my points for Wii U stuff.

$360 RRP which is OK
32GB still looks pissweak to me. What were they thinking?!

I don't mind that because what would I fill it with if I'm not downloading full games? Some Virtual Console is all I can think of..

$360 RRP which is OK
Hopefully that means the Mario Kart bundle drops significantly in price. Nintendo has to have something $100+ less than the XBox 1 and PS4 and the PS4 has been under 400 recently

yeah they have been pimping those xbox and playstation deals haven't they? i saw some xbox deal for 500 bucks with like half a dozen games (all boring/remasters/racers of course). they can throw in 20 games for 500 bucks and i wouldn't go near them! but at the same time i'm hoping that Splatoon pack gets bundled with an extra game or two at something like JB for around $420 (blaze it)

Nintendo must love you.
You know what ... When I was a kid around 10 years old, during the 64 days, I would send snail mail to them. They responded with answers and stickers and such. Was the highlight of my days.

Of course, I never learned to keep the letters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back