The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

From Leppa's presser after the Essendon game:

"The CEO doesn't walk around in the changing room or down the race," Leppitsch said.
"It's very separate - I know people combine it together from the outside.
The players spend more time with the boot-studder and the strappers than the CEO."

Do they really still have boot-studders?

Edit: Yes! Who is the BL boot-studder?:

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been asked before...

We're making a trip to Melbourne and it just happens to fall on the weekend the boys play the Dogs at Etihad.

As a Qlder, who apart from going to after Grand Final functions in the good old days, has never seen a game at Etihad, my numpty question is - are there any better spots than others to get seats? Is there a haunt for Lions supporters in a specific area of the grandstand so we're not completely out numbered by the enemy?

Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated. A big thanks in advance :)

Apologies if this has been asked before...

We're making a trip to Melbourne and it just happens to fall on the weekend the boys play the Dogs at Etihad.

As a Qlder, who apart from going to after Grand Final functions in the good old days, has never seen a game at Etihad, my numpty question is - are there any better spots than others to get seats? Is there a haunt for Lions supporters in a specific area of the grandstand so we're not completely out numbered by the enemy?

Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated. A big thanks in advance :)

A lot of Lions fans get behind the city end goals and generally near the Lions payers race, however for mine and each unto their own and all that stuff, but sitting there makes for terrible viewing.

Aside from there, level 3, which is general admission is the best spot, pretty much dead centre is where you'll find a few fans. For the past few seasons, the club were actively promoting Lions fans to sit in gate 12 or 13 of level 3, so you always got a fair few Lions up there and again for mine, is the best seat in the house. Of course, whilst the club encourages people to sit in that area, keep in mind that the 'home' club's members also have seats throughout the area too.

Not sure if that helps, but level 3 is definitely the go.

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone knew the contract status of Aish? I thought he was offered a contract extension by the Lions a little while ago but i didnt catch if he signed it or not or what. Thx

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone knew the contract status of Aish? I thought he was offered a contract extension by the Lions a little while ago but i didnt catch if he signed it or not or what. Thx

Do you often go on to opposition club boards and ask about the contract status of their young South Australians? Or are we special?

Do you often go on to opposition club boards and ask about the contract status of their young South Australians? Or are we special?

I love the new ability to move posts into existing threads because his question definitely fits into this category as opposed to a thread about our FA and trade targets.

He is 9 games into a 2 year contract. Thanks for asking.

I guess the next time i have a question about the lions i should post it on the West Coast board.
Simply, i thought he was already offered a contract extention but hadnt heard if he signed it.
And to answer your question, yes, i do go to opposition boards to ask about their players contract. You would see them in the Carlton board about Gibbs.
I didnt come here saying "haha, your gonna loose Aish" or anything stupid like that, i just asked a polite question.

He is 9 games into a 2 year contract. Thanks for asking.
I get that. My interest isnt in how long till he can come home but more to do with offering him an extension so early into his contract, and if was attractive to him. I also get your a little over kids going home but hello, we have been screwed by that as well.
Aish will most likely stay, as 90% of kids do. Alot of the 90% leave because they are not getting a game where they are, but Aish is and will get games.

I guess the next time i have a question about the lions i should post it on the West Coast board.
Simply, i thought he was already offered a contract extention but hadnt heard if he signed it.
And to answer your question, yes, i do go to opposition boards to ask about their players contract. You would see them in the Carlton board about Gibbs.
I didnt come here saying "haha, your gonna loose Aish" or anything stupid like that, i just asked a polite question.

Politeness isn't just about the words you use. It's about taking note of the context and figuring out whether asking certain question to a certain group of people following certain off-season events is appropriate.

I'd suggest it isn't appropriate, and that if you want to know that information you get to know google a little better.

Politeness isn't just about the words you use. It's about taking note of the context and figuring out whether asking certain question to a certain group of people following certain off-season events is appropriate.

I'd suggest it isn't appropriate, and that if you want to know that information you get to know google a little better.
MODS, please delete my posts as it appears my question has offended and hurt the feelings of your members. That wasnt my intention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez guys I honestly thought that was a reasonable question. We are all in need of the bye I reckon ;)
I'm with Lionheart. I think Cleric is right to feel a little hard done by. Remember, written electronic formats are not great for expressing subtleties like genuine curiosity and innocence. Hech, he's called Cleric. Men of god would never do anything wrong.

oh. :oops:

Meh, we give s**t to each other here more severe that what Cleric copped.

Considering the media frenzy that surrounded Brisbane's player exodus last year, I think it's safe to assume that if/when our high profile first round draft pick extends his contract, it will be a Google-able new story.

With academy/ F/S bidding its clubs bid and you have to pick the player with your next available pick. Therefore if you have 5 and Melbourne Bid with pick 6 you would be able to use your second round selection to secure the person.
With that logic (hoping its right) If you have pick one and bid on a player with your second round pick no matter what, no team can make you use your first round pick on the player? So if we had a F/S or academy player that was clearly pick one in a free draft. No matter what a club did you would be able to use your second round pick on him, correct?

Random etiquette question:

What's the general view on when it's okay to talk about season-end delistings? I think talking about it too early makes people feel uncomfortable, but I was privately musing on it the other day.

What's the general view on when it's okay to talk about season-end delistings? I think talking about it too early makes people feel uncomfortable, but I was privately musing on it the other day.

I was thinking this the other day, Tom. I think Leppa had a presser recently where he mentioned a that a handful of list changes will happen.

I'd be happy to talk about it, but it's definitely sensitive.

I've always thought it was once finals was out of the question or mid-point of the season depending on whichever comes last.

Cheers guys

I reckon I'll start a thread after the GWS game, if no one beats me to it. Keep the discussion in one place so people can avoid it if they want.

I think it's tied in pretty closely to discussions about selection and drafting. So long as the discussion isn't gleeful or mean natured, I can't see why mid-season would be too early. I also started speculating in my mind after Leppa's '6 or 8 players' comment.

I've always thought it was once finals was out of the question or mid-point of the season depending on whichever comes last.

Agree.

Although, there have been a few examples over the years where blokes have looked shot at the half way point, only to show enough in the last few games to warrant another year. I seem to recall Hawksley seemingly surviving based on a good round 22 game!

Agree.

Although, there have been a few examples over the years where blokes have looked shot at the half way point, only to show enough in the last few games to warrant another year. I seem to recall Hawksley seemingly surviving based on a good round 22 game!

I think thats one reason why, if finals aren't a consideration, it is an interesting analysis to have over the second half of the season. You can actually track players who are on "in the gun" and how they respond.

What does Lester have to do to get selection? Admittedly I haven't seen a lot of the Lions this year but he's gone pretty well in what I have seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back