The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way Eddie should be allowed to call games and be a President of an AFL club. One or the other you prick.

But this is the AFL, integrity means nothing.

No he wasn't.

I do wonder whether every team thinks the commentary is always against them. David King hates us, I'm sure everyone else is never as bad as I think they are.
Really? Maybe it was just the first quarter but he was calling for frees that weren't there consistently. Maybe that spoiled the rest of the game but at no point did I get the feeling that he was on our side.

Also, he butchers names like no one else. David Myer doesn't play for us, David Myers does. And I have no idea who Melchskam is.

Eddie is OK, but the way he patronisingly gets behind the losing side in a game is annoying. He practically barracks for the underdog.

Watching the game today though. as a neutral, it felt like the commentators were willing the Bombers home.

Not a neutral but the commentators were clearly going for the Bombers. Half way through the last quarter the ball broke on the half back flank for Essendon and three Bombers were around the ball after a bit of a hot footy. Both commentators and the special comments guy, three blokes all shouted at the same time. NOW HERE IS A CHANCE FOR ESSENDON TO GO FORWARD!

They were willing them home. It doesnt determine the outcome but it makes for s**t viewing.

Cool, there are transfer updates out if you're interested, with adjusted stats.

Also, I saw you liked my post, did you like the videos?

I want an adjusted stats Suarez in my team, alas :(

I like any vocalist that just goes on the sax and have some fun in the middle. Bloody brilliant

I want an adjusted stats Suarez in my team, alas :(

I like any vocalist that just goes on the sax and have some fun in the middle. Bloody brilliant
Have you downloaded the editor?

He made it talk man, I tell you. I didn't see a concert last night, I witnessed magic happen.

The Two clip is nice, did you watch that? The story is moving.

Have you downloaded the editor?

He made it talk man, I tell you. I didn't see a concert last night, I witnessed magic happen.

The Two clip is nice, did you watch that? The story is moving.

Speaking of talking, got good stories doesn't he?

I'm trying to think of famous vocalists who get on the sax, I can't think of many. Bloody love it

As an unimportant side note, good ol' Shure Sm58 Mic as well

Speaking of talking, got good stories doesn't he?

I'm trying to think of famous vocalists who get on the sax, I can't think of many. Bloody love it

As an unimportant side note, good ol' Shure Sm58 Mic as well
Jake, you mean?

Gerry Rafferty is the obvious one.

I don't understand the last bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Rafferty died last year I think, possibly the year before. Baker Street is just marvelous. I can't think of many artists that dabble in saxophone and a vocal. Clarence did, I am sure you know You're A Friend Of Mine (with Jackson Browne). Jake's stuff is worth getting a hold of, I can pass it on to you, if you like?

Yes. Although, the one he tells in the Two clip I pasted, he told much better last night. The guy is so humble and modest, you can tell he isn't there for the pay check. He is genuinely there for the love of music and his fans' appreciation.

He told a story last night where he received a phone call from Clarence saying 'Jake, I've met the one. I want you to become my best man.' He was extremely humbled by being asked.... except Clarence had been married five times already. Jake went on to tell us that Clarence told him a story, why it was so important for him to marry this woman, and what his hopes for were that marriage and Jake said "I'm happy to say, it was until death do us part."

I wrote this to caption the picture I got with him -

Last night, I was fortunate enough to attend a gig at the spur of the moment, thanks to a friend. I initially had no intention to go, but after the opportunity it presented itself, it was too hard to pass up.

The gig was Jake Clemons, a musician who is multi-instrument playing artist. He not only made his saxophone talk, but wowed us with his talent on the piano, too. He also donned a guitar for a lot of his show, and impressed on that. Combined with this, his impressive song writing and vocal ability had many of the crowd in awe for the majority of the night. He dabbled in story telling and connected with the audience for the whole night. There were times you could hear a pin drop. And others when you could collectively feel everyone being moved by what they were witnessing. But, what shone brightest in that room last night was nothing to do with Jake Clemons' musical ability. It was how humble a man he is. Playing to a crowd of maybe only 200-250 people you could see he wasn't there for the paycheck. He was there for all the faces looking back at him, appreciating his music. He was there to make you feel his pain and happiness, his joy and sorrow, all through his music. He was there to put a smile on your face, all in the name of music.

What I witnessed last night was something that cannot be manufactured. There is an enormous amount of talent that oozes out of that mans pores.

I feel incredibly humbled and privileged for not only being able to have had a photo with Jake, but to talk to him briefly too. He is an incredibly humble man whose talent needs to be recognized, and will be. Those that were in the room with me last night know what I am talking about. People say magic doesn't exist, but what we experienced was not a concert, it was ******* magic.

----

Definitely one of the greatest moments of my life.

So you guys don't freak out (mostly Cruyff14) in my absence, letting you know that after today I'm going to take 2 months or so away from BigFooty so I can concentrate on finishing my thesis.

Hopefully by the time I come back Chelsea will be several games clear at the top.

The lad's played with Ed Vedder and the Boss, he's pretty fulfilled in life, he can do whatever he wants
He's so humble though, that hasn't gone to his head at all. He stayed back for 90 minutes after the gig signing stuff for EVERYBODY who lined up, and would take pictures with everyone too. He's just an incredibly humble guy.

You should check a portion of the below clip(s) out. I'll just give you some background. So basically, this is a favourite by many Bruce fans. It is in most people's top 3-5 tracks (personally the greatest song I'll ever hear). It's off Born To Run (1975), and there is a sax solo in it, which goes for about 2.5 - 3 minutes. It was Clarence's signature solo. During the recording process, Bruce made Clarence work on it for 16 hours STRAIGHT. No breaks, nothing. Clarence was in that studio the whole time, trying to meet Bruce's demands (it is well known among Springsteen fans that he is incredibly particular). Anyway, it reached the point of perfection Bruce was obviously seeking.

After Clarence's death, there was a lot of uncertainty if they would still tour due to him being such a core part of the band, and if they did how would they replace him and so on. Anyway, they got Jake in (and a whole horn trio), and he has more than stepped up to the plate to deliver.

The clip is the first time Jungleland was played since Clarence's death. Bruce explains at the start that they hadn't rehearsed it, but Sweden meant a lot to Clarence (one of his wives was Swedish), so this was their reward. This is also one of the greatest shows in Bruce history. Played several of his epics, and it clocked in at 3h 43m. Crazy.

Anyway, this was the final result.

I don't expect you to watch the whole thing, but the solo really is something else. It starts at 5.12. Jake ******* delivers, man.

This is from Melbourne this year, probably a much more emotional performance. Jake's dad died (he missed the Sydney show because of the that) the night before, and the solo is even extended (you can see Bruce's hand to the very right of screen at 10.26 for the band to keep playing). It was very emotional. From 8.30 (this is probably better to watch, actually). The embrace they share at the end of it, (11.35) is beautiful. Bruce had tears in his eyes come the end of the song.

The man is a freaking talent. He has all the tools and talent to succeed. Brilliant musician.

So you guys don't freak out (mostly Cruyff14) in my absence, letting you know that after today I'm going to take 2 months or so away from BigFooty so I can concentrate on finishing my thesis.

Hopefully by the time I come back Chelsea will be several games clear at the top.
Good luck mate. Try and pop in here if you can at points, though! All the best with it. :thumbsu:

He has an array of Gibsons and Fenders that I would never ever be able to afford ever, bloody hell

I like the 2nd one particularly, got super epic in the 2nd half, the hug was sweet
You watched the entire clip?! :eek: Kudos, if so.

Meeting Across The River is so very haunting. It is the perfect prelude to Jungleland.

Yeah, they were both hurting that night. Bruce came on stage pretty wasted as well.

jod23 you might dig this

Yeah ive seen/heard that before. It's a really cool version of a terrific tune. :) Turns a really high enery, happy, fun song into a real ballad, he makes that song so sad. Haha.

Check this if you havent seen it. Unbelievable cover of a great tune. Mike Masse is a talented guy and he has done heaps of covers which you should check out.

Yeah ive seen/heard that before. It's a really cool version of a terrific tune. :) Turns a really high enery, happy, fun song into a real ballad, he makes that song so sad. Haha.

Check this if you havent seen it. Unbelievable cover of a great tune. Mike Masse is a talented guy and he has done heaps of covers which you should check out.

The song is sad, the music hides the lyrics. It's very much like Dancing In The Dark, sounds happy, but when you listen to the lyrics, it really isn't.

I'm familiar with Mike Masse.

This is kick ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back