The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not great players and I'm not against Bell going for a pick but we already have no forwards trading our only above average one would see Liam Jones return to the side!

Just saw this bit jd and got me thinking (even though the KB rumour is probably BS), do you reckon the Blues might be open for a swap of Yarran for Griffiths?

Griff is probably an upgrade on Jones and can chop out in the ruck - maybe a tandem with Kreuzer? One forward, one playing in the ruck. Similar age and an early(ish) draft pick like Yarran.

Just wondering if that might be a possible option for both clubs.

I know that but why should 1 club be punished for something which they have no idea about (e.g. mental health causing early retirement) and another who knows their could be a ban coming up to a player get away with not paying them
I would think there would be clauses if he legitimately retires because of mental health issues. It would be ridiculous to expect any employer to be effectively punished because an employee chooses to quit in those circumstances.

Just saw this bit jd and got me thinking (even though the KB rumour is probably BS), do you reckon the Blues might be open for a swap of Yarran for Griffiths?

Griff is probably an upgrade on Jones and can chop out in the ruck - maybe a tandem with Kreuzer? One forward, one playing in the ruck. Similar age and an early(ish) draft pick like Yarran.

Just wondering if that might be a possible option for both clubs.
Is Griffiths that much of an upgrade to Casboult? If anything we are short of forward options as is so even if we keep Casboult we still are 1 short up there, if he was to go someone like Griffiths would be our #1 forward and I'm not sure he'd be able to cope

I would think there would be clauses if he legitimately retires because of mental health issues. It would be ridiculous to expect any employer to be effectively punished because an employee chooses to quit in those circumstances.
Seemed to be the expected outcome last week when the Buddy retirement rumours were out in force that the Swans would have to include his contract in the salary cap

Seemed to be the expected outcome last week when the Buddy retirement rumours were out in force that the Swans would have to include his contract in the salary cap
I guess it comes down to the distinction between injury forcing retirement - which could be reasonably included - and something like this. If it's all included that will have been us doing everything to push it over the line. Saints would have a bit more flexibility with releasing Carlisle I'd presume.

Plowman has been on the outer all season and is talked about as part of our 4-for-2nd round pick. Tomlinson I'm not too sure how we wrap that deal up, perhaps the Yarran or Henderson pick

Fair enough, i cant see GWS parting with either of them unless the deal is too good to pass up.

Fair enough, i cant see GWS parting with either of them unless the deal is too good to pass up.
They've got to shorten their list and neither have played a great deal because they're well stocked in their positions. They also need to build up their picks to bid for academy players they rate very highly so trading out underutilized talent for future players they rate and have access to makes a lot of sense

Cant see them letting go of Tomlinson easily
Depends how highly they rate these academy kids and what other picks they're able to bring in to help secure them I guess. I think Tomlinson will stay if McCarthy does get his way and heads west, if not I think they'll cash in on Tomlinson to bid for the academy kids

Is Griffiths that much of an upgrade to Casboult? If anything we are short of forward options as is so even if we keep Casboult we still are 1 short up there, if he was to go someone like Griffiths would be our #1 forward and I'm not sure he'd be able to cope

Griff can clunk marks and kick it 65-70m pretty easily but his accuracy and conversion is shocking. Griff might go okay as a foil but would probably struggle as a number 1 forward IMO. Probably more suited as a CHF than a FF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think offering a guy with drug suspensions looming a long contract is a good idea regardless of previous mistakes. Mind you the blokes only played 80-odd games and was a spud this season, the $$$ being mentioned is also crazy! Has he really shown that much in his first 60 games to get a $3.5m deal over 5 years?
When you have as much cap space as us it is worth the gamble

Smith and Stanley, very happy with that.

Simpson gone you would think.
GONESKI!!

I agree with Boxhead. Dangerfield. Smith. Henderson. Selwood.

That should be our order of importance.

Yes, agree with that order too. Selwood is one that if we get him, great, if we don't, no sleep lost over it.

Confident we will get all 4 though, and if that eventuates, I'll be one very happy Geelong supporter.

Looks like you'll be trading all this years and next years picks in one go.
Can't be ALL of next years though. Once next years R1 is gone you're not allowed to trade future rounds. If you trade R2 onwards you can do so with as many as you want but can't then trade your future R1.

Simpson is a hack anyway
Wrong. Just his back is F****D. 2013 before this started to become a serious problem he was developing into a dominant ruckmen. Got injured. Had more surgery and now he struggles to run as a result. You should have seen him in the VFL this year. I felt sorry for him, had the height to be a top ruck but like many before his body has let him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back