List Mgmt. The Pre Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very very happy if he ended up like Boak. He is quality.

Thinking about a future of possibly Mills, Mitchell, Heeney and Dunkley with Hewett and Perri's on the wings. Future looks good even if only half makes it

How dare you forget Luke Parker! The bloke could easily win multiple Brownlow Medals!

Boak is quality. The one thing that impresses me about Heeney isn't the fact he gets disposals but he always seems to have 'time'. That is something you can't teach

I have seen him play quite a bit, it is that ball. Sure he can run quick, but he is poorish defensively and to be honest there are questions where he fits. Is he a winger? Will he have the tank? Can he be a HBF with his disposal? Jeez that is one big gamble after taking Hiscox in the 2nd round. If we had 2 picks in the 2nd round I'd happily take a punt, but I'm not sure.
I agree far from a perfect player but which pick 39 is. I really am unsure on Hiscox apart from run fast and long I'm not sure of he has anything the resembles potential AFL standard skills.

I agree far from a perfect player but which pick 39 is. I really am unsure on Hiscox apart from run fast and long I'm not sure of he has anything the resembles potential AFL standard skills.

That is why I am against Clem Smith we are already having a dartboard shot with Hiscox...can we afford another?

That is why I am against Clem Smith we are already having a dartboard shot with Hiscox...can we afford another?
It's a good point you make. I also hope we do a bit of a flip on the decision to pass on on pick 58 however I doubt that would happen given all the talk about our salary cap constraints.

It's a good point you make. I also hope we do a bit of a flip on the decision to pass on on pick 58 however I doubt that would happen given all the talk about our salary cap constraints.

To be fair pick 58 or a rookie pick, is it THAT much of a difference. Generally you will get the one you vaguely want anyway. At that range they are very specific players.

To be fair pick 58 or a rookie pick, is it THAT much of a difference. Generally you will get the one you vaguely want anyway. At that range they are very specific players.
Yeah I guess, I'm sort of thinking of there is a genuine slider we were really keen on we could use that pick rather than risk him being picked up by another side.

Yeah I guess, I'm sort of thinking of there is a genuine slider we were really keen on we could use that pick rather than risk him being picked up by another side.

Look would I have wanted pick 58, yes. However someone like Caleb Daniel could easily be a rookie pick. The one I like at pick 37 is Lonie. Ballentyne clone and that is the sort of thing we lack. Saves us plonking Parker, etc in the forward line.

Look would I have wanted pick 58, yes. However someone like Caleb Daniel could easily be a rookie pick. The one I like at pick 37 is Lonie. Ballentyne clone and that is the sort of thing we lack. Saves us plonking Parker, etc in the forward line.
Is there talk from the club or any source about us taking Daniel or is it just heaps of chat on Bigfooty? I like his foot skills.
Not seen much of Lonie but a ballantyne style player would be an awesome fit for us.

Is there talk from the club or any source about us taking Daniel or is it just heaps of chat on Bigfooty? I like his foot skills.
Not seen much of Lonie but a ballantyne style player would be an awesome fit for us.

It just makes sense. lets be honest how many short people go in the National Draft. You have to be out of this world outstanding to be 5cm shorter than Brent Harvey and get drafted. Big questions whether he will make it as a mid too.

Lonie is a small forward who plays minutes in the middle, good foot skills which I feel we need to prioritise. Too often in the GF and other games we butcher the ball.

Any of Lonie , Nelson ( really like him ) and Rainbow.

Ramsey if we go a tall.

B Boekhorst looks solid , know much about him Swansfan51 ?

The last one has been heavily linked to Carlton at pick 28. Won't be available unless there is a massive slider. No need for a tall.

B Boekhorst looks solid , know much about him Swansfan51 ?
Wouldn't call him solid, he's an outside runner. Has weird but effective kicking, and can kick the ball long, 55m. IMO looks better when he is kicking at least 30m. Good acceleration, very good sidestep which he loves to use. Pretty good at finding space offensively to run into, and a good outlet on counterattack in particular. Defensive running is very meh, tackling is ok. Has good balance, athleticism and decent skills.

Wouldn't call him solid, he's an outside runner. Has weird but effective kicking, and can kick the ball long, 55m. IMO looks better when he is kicking at least 30m. Good acceleration, very good sidestep which he loves to use. Pretty good at finding space offensively to run into, and a good outlet on counterattack in particular. Defensive running is very meh, tackling is ok. Has good balance, athleticism and decent skills.
Only seen limited vision.
Highlights always look good , cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How dare you forget Luke Parker! The bloke could easily win multiple Brownlow Medals!

Ah yes... My bad :p but more so the amount of unestablished talent is good. In the middle that is.
I'm getting a VERY bad feeling someone will draft Blakely early. I'd be happy with a Garlett type as well, could do with an elite runner on the outside. I'd be actively looking for an Issac Smith type.

Jeez I'm annoyed at this username, grrr I want it changed

Blakely will be long gone by then. Have him in the 15-30 range.more a pipe dream. Definitely in the band of not going tall at 38. An 18 yr old wont do anything for our current need. Better of waiting til late and trade in a tall. Unless Lever, Marchback or Durdin slides...

We would be silly not to be looking at Lonie, Miller or even Baulderstone at 39.

Think we've got some run with Hiscox

Ah yes... My bad :p but more so the amount of unestablished talent is good. In the middle that is.

Blakely will be long gone by then. Have him in the 15-30 range.more a pipe dream. Definitely in the band of not going tall at 38. An 18 yr old wont do anything for our current need. Better of waiting til late and trade in a tall. Unless Lever, Marchback or Durdin slides...

We would be silly not to be looking at Lonie, Miller or even Baulderstone at 39.

Think we've got some run with Hiscox
Surely the strategy will be "best available". No plan apart from a short list I reckon. Throw it up as who do we think will end up giving us best value for money, loyalty and fit "the mould" (more-so than "best skills" now).

Surely the strategy will be "best available". No plan apart from a short list I reckon. Throw it up as who do we think will end up giving us best value for money, loyalty and fit "the mould" (more-so than "best skills" now).

In terms of 'best skill' some elite disposal would go nicely at this stage. But if a top 20 player slides, you'd be silly not to nab them

There are five rookie promotions before pick 58 so effectively it becomes pick 53.

Our first pick in the Rookie Draft will be 17 so if you take the experts opinions on who will pass on picks after us at pick 58, there will be another 30 players taken out of the pool by our first rookie pick. That's a lot of players not available to you.

There are only 12 live picks between our pick at 37 and our pick at 58 so every chance a useful type will still be there. I reckon we should use pick 58 if there is a player still available that we rate.

Should definitely take Lonie.
When I seen his limited vision weeks ago I mentioned him on here.

More I watch the more I like and its something we lack ( small classy forward ) and would add so much at the feet of the big boys.

I know we like to play a bundle of mids and rotate them but look what a genuine small forward adds ala Wingard , Bruest , Walters list goes on and on.

He reminds me of Merrett who Ess took last year

I believe we'll be picking the best available, and hoping to hell he's a defender. My caveat being that our pick will become an AA and win a premiership while Gill the Dill is still in office. And we never ever let anyone forget that even with a trading ban we still aced it.
My trade ban bitterness will be long lasting but I want the last laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back