Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scored 209 with Derek Harper once (vs. CPU/slowest timeclock/power-up fire enabled). Shove steal, turbo to 3pt line, shoot. Rinse, repeat.

Still second to my 485* with M. Sailor on NES International Cricket, though (vs. CPU, 50 overs).

That s**t stays with you.

Coming from 7 seconds down on the last lap at San Marino in Grand Prix 2, beating my best mate by 0.004 of a second was the zenith of my childhood gaming. I think we worked out I won by less than a cm. I've never seen someone so shattered.

I clocked Rive Raid on my Atari 2600. Had to take a polaroid of me in front of the TV and send to Activision and they sent me back a River Raid Iron on Patch that I assume gave me some sort of River Raid Overlord ranking!

River_Raid.jpg

Playing some NBA JAM on the Mega Drive (well on a emulator, because the actual MD doesn't look too pretty on modern TVs.)
These Washington campaigners tried to blitz me in the 4th quarter. Thankfully, unlike the end of the 2nd, their full court 3pt shot on the buzzer didn't go in.
This game is still awesome. Just sayin'.
78VMRKi.png

Play it on the iPhone, decent graphics then too.

Doom, is what got me into video games. We had Sega and Nintendo 8 bit things, but I just watched...the missus and kids had better co-ordination than me, but Doom on the Playstation...that's where I shone

Doom, is what got me into video games. We had Sega and Nintendo 8 bit things, but I just watched...the missus and kids had better co-ordination than me, but Doom on the Playstation...that's where I shone
Doom will always be worth a play every now and then, I think.
Especially if you throw in some mods, like Brutal Doom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been on the computer for about an hour and I have no idea how I got here but I've wound up deep in the cricinfo archives watching people praise Sachin Tendulkar and I wanted to share it.

Favourite lines:
"How can we ever thank you? For everything you've done, for everything you continue to do."
"Every bitch has witnessed your masterclass"
"You are the lord, created every record. Universally accepted cricket god."
"You've played for 24 years, over these years, you've become an obsession." - You can say that again!

Has anyone heard from raman since his Gawler Line venture?

lol still alive

had an amazing crash course in how terrifying and upsetting mental illness can be in the past 24 hours. the Gawler line is nothing compared to that.

lol still alive

had an amazing crash course in how terrifying and upsetting mental illness can be in the past 24 hours. the Gawler line is nothing compared to that.

Glad to see you back. Was genuinely worried we'd lost you for a bit there.

On a serious note, hope the ex is on the way to recovery. Dont wish mental illness on my worst enemy.

Maybe a crows supporter but...

Glad to see you back. Was genuinely worried we'd lost you for a bit there.

On a serious note, hope the ex is on the way to recovery. Dont wish mental illness on my worst enemy.

Maybe a crows supporter but...

I wouldn't worry about that, they don't seem to have enough to get ill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back