Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your bias doesn't allow you to ever see reason.

lol my bias is in favour of reason as opposed to fairytales. I'd still be interested in your reply to that post you didn't read if you feel like reading it, FWIW.

Yep, im all for equality and so in the spirit of fairness i think the right thing to do is ban hetro marriage, surely in this day and age you dont need some silly ceremony and the rest of the rubbish that goes with it. its a hoax, some people i know are in the best reltionships, been together 40 years but arent married, is their relationship of any less value to someone who decided in their early 20s that they had to get married due to fairytales & s**t.... too many disney movies and happilly ever after rubbish. its a scam, ban it all. bang whoever you want, stay as a couple for ever, swing, sneak over to the neighbours house while he is at work, have mass orgies do whoever you want, but dont get married, probably the single most pointless trivial thing we humans do....

The second, after soccer.

But yeah I think marriage as a legal institution should be dismantled. Let the religions have any silly ceremony they want and exclude whoever they want, after we rescind their tax exempt status of course.

"I love you babe, this thing we have together is so great... we just have to get the government involved in this s**t."*

Farcical.

(*paraphrasing Doug Stanhope)

...and how fake do you have to become when friends tell you they are getting married, oh im sooooo happy for you, oh you make such a great couple oh what a great day it is....

what a crock. in reality its i couldnt care less you silly campaigners....

...and how fake do you have to become when friends tell you they are getting married, oh im sooooo happy for you, oh you make such a great couple oh what a great day it is....

what a crock. in reality its i couldnt care less you silly campaigners....
...and the whole time the little man inside your head is saying "please don't ask me to be involved in the wedding" on a repeating loop

I think gay people should be allowed to get married. What gives them the right to miss out on some of the same misery the rest of us do?

In the no too distant future when someone announces that they are getting married, people will say, "Oh, I didn't realise they were gay!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man how do retailers survive with online shopping

Case in point building a home cinema ...and projector prices surround sound are just way cheaper in online retail....

I needed a new tablet...i thought i would try a china brand to test out instead of a surface pro...if it dint work out i would just buy a surface pro.....well the china brand works a treat at a fraction of the price....

I dont think i will walk into a harvey norman or jbhifi again

Case in point building a home cinema ...and projector prices surround sound are just way cheaper in online retail....

I needed a new tablet...i thought i would try a china brand to test out instead of a surface pro...if it dint work out i would just buy a surface pro.....well the china brand works a treat at a fraction of the price....

The same way the Crows survive.

I was checking out the price of some new Sony cameras the other day , the new a7r 2 will be out soon and retail for around $3200 , I thought that's a bit steep and thought nothing more of it. I looked again the next day and thought I should see what it retails for here in oz retailers. $4300. Go ead. Australian dollar can't be that far behind the American why the rip off

lol my bias is in favour of reason as opposed to fairytales. I'd still be interested in your reply to that post you didn't read if you feel like reading it, FWIW.
I did read it and I replied. I read it very clearly and you have little knowledge of the influence of the church in society. Even in Elizabethan England where attendance was compulsory without a fine, attendance rarely reached 50% but that doesn't agree with your religion is evil bias.

When it comes to liberalisation of marriage, I am all for people marrying whomsoever they wish, that goes for incest and polygamy as long as it's between consenting adults. I'd even be pro bestiality marriage if it could be proven the animal consented.

I was checking out the price of some new Sony cameras the other day , the new a7r 2 will be out soon and retail for around $3200 , I thought that's a bit steep and thought nothing more of it. I looked again the next day and thought I should see what it retails for here in oz retailers. $4300. Go ead. Australian dollar can't be that far behind the American why the rip off

The AUD is quite low so $3200USD is $4179.72 Aussie dollars. So buying online might save you very little money in the long run.

Throw Momma from the Traino_O

Oh, man. That movie. Cuts so close to the bone. You can't possibly believe. Right down to the pink dressing gown...

throw-momma-from-the-train.png

I was a electronics sales manager for 5 years until I finished up my uni. I can tell you they are getting by, but by the skin of their teeth. They have gone some ways into cost cutting such as online orders direct from vendor, staff cut backs etc. etc. However they are fighting against the tide and the changes they are making are only mitigating rather than creating growth or profit.

I got given shares in the business when it had it's IPO around 1.5 years ago - I sold them immediately. Good choice too - they have not hit the price of the IPO since.

They are slowly making transitions to online only, decreasing the amount of stock on the floor and on hand. Problem is the staff are the ones copping it. The businesses cut back on wages for staff while increasing the volume of work required from every staff member. Boy am I glad I didn't entertain a career in retail.

Another manager who is a very bright dude, very intelligent. He got into retail when he was 16 or so, he was the dux of his school and had all options open to him - but he got a low level promotion early on and opted against university as he didn't know what he wanted to study. Now he is a manager getting paid fairly well, in fact I believe he is the highest paid store manager in the chain and he is only on 74k PA. He works 50+ hours every week and is under immense pressure with falling revenues and increasing targets. The issue with this is - his retail skills are only transferable to other retail jobs, and they are all in the same boat.

Genuinely feel sorry for him, a real wasted talent. He is locked down with a mortgage and a starfish for a wife who doesn't work (and hasn't since I've known him which is 7 years now) she is a little bit nuts so she can't interview well either. He went and married her, and he is younger than me at 24. Time is on his side, but everything else isn't.

Hope it works out well for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back