Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont know too many Greeks do you? Jimmy is a pretty standard angolised version. Never heard of Jimmy the Greek used? My Greek mate is Eric and his proper name is nothing like that.

Used to be a bloke where I worked whose first name was Eleftherios - aka Terry

Anglolised/angolised?

made-up-words1.jpg
I assume that Angolise is to Angolan what Anglicise is to English.

For Anglolise I have nothing.

Rewatching the Star Wars prequels is renewing my hatred for these movies. Oh mah Jedi, they really are pieces of s**t. I mean, I knew they were pieces of s**t. But I haven't seen them for so long, I'd just forgotten they were pieces of s**t. About to buy a new TV so it probably doesn't matter if I smash my current one during this scene...

Rewatching the Star Wars prequels is renewing my hatred for these movies. Oh mah Jedi, they really are pieces of s**t. I mean, I knew they were pieces of s**t. But I haven't seen them for so long, I'd just forgotten they were pieces of s**t. About to buy a new TV so it probably doesn't matter if I smash my current one during this scene...

I like how there is a peruvian flute band as a backing track as he rages about sand.

His mother? Killed by sand people.
What does he do to his son? Send him to Tatooine. Which makes sense, as he has an intense hatred of sand.

Hayden Christensen is actually a worse actor than Ryan Phillippe. Let alone with a s**t script.

Now I'm not sure if Lucas or an angsty teen wrote AOTC. Kudos to Hayden for saying any of his dialogue with a straight face. Coz it's piss your pants funny. Exhibit A:

"From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again, I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you...I can't breathe! I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating, hoping that that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me. What can I do? I will do anything that you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please tell me."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bad is the Kiwi bounty hunter and his Kiwi son.

"Git 'em, ded. Git 'em".

Worst acting I've ever seen. Awful.

Hayden Christensen is actually a worse actor than Ryan Phillippe. Let alone with a s**t script.
He was good in Life as a House. I'm more pissed at them now, as Natalie Portman especially has done plenty of good acting since. First time round you just think s**t actors and script. Then you realise it's almost all bad script.

How bad is the Kiwi bounty hunter and his Kiwi son.

"Git 'em, ded. Git 'em".

Worst acting I've ever seen. Awful.

Poor lil' fella. Gonna give "Worst acting" gong to the priest in the crap classic Howling III: The Marsupials, which I'm dead keen to see at the Adelaide Film Festival. Awful acting but Imogen Annesley's final line is perhaps the greatest line in movie history...

My god, is that Jack Thompson?
Is he still alive? Or at least progressed to stage 4 of the Australian actors/actresses existence? With the five stages as:
1. 'Burst' onto scene.
2. Succession of roles where they think THIS will finally be the star staying at home to permanently elevate the Australian film industry.
3. Bits parts for 30-40 years as the next group of saviours come through.
4. Doing election ads for the ALP.
5. Dying.

Is he still alive? Or at least progressed to stage 4 of the Australian actors/actresses existence? With the five stages as:
1. 'Burst' onto scene.
2. Succession of roles where they think THIS will finally be the star staying at home to permanently elevate the Australian film industry.
3. Bits parts for 30-40 years as the next group of saviours come through.
4. Doing election ads for the ALP.
5. Dying.

He also bought a pub in the Blue Mountains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back