Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My acca/dacca talk on here is but a drop in the ocean to the amount of Deadpool hype I've had in my Facebook feed the last 3 months.

If ever there was a superhero that no one had heard of that suddenly had a massive following because of social media shilling, Deadpool would be it.

If ever there was a superhero that no one had heard of that suddenly had a massive following because of social media shilling, Deadpool would be it.

I first became aware of it when there was a game made about 3ish years ago and a workmate, a legit supernerd, was telling mw about it. I consider myself reasonably educated on comic characters, I did read some of the more mainstream comics as a kid, but not this guy.

Since then it has set a course for the sun in terms of exposure.

Did you know it is rated R?

Really liked Deadpool but the whole OMG BEST MOVIE EVA!!! reactions are a bit much...

I'm getting that way too tbh, but then you have to wonder what would replace them.

Police Academy movies.

Hollywood must reboot that franchise.

And make more Police Academy movies.

With Steve Guttenberg as Commandant Mahoney...

I dunno, Will Ferrell is pretty much tailor made to be a Commandant.

With all the fuss around Deadpool being R, it is like an entire generation of people have never seen a fun R movie for adults, an entire generation have never watched Die Hard... What is wrong with the world?

It's not even R by Australian standards anyway.

With all the fuss around Deadpool being R, it is like an entire generation of people have never seen a fun R movie for adults, an entire generation have never watched Die Hard... What is wrong with the world?

It's not even R by Australian standards anyway.
Their R is MA, they also have NC-17 which is our R18+.
US - Aus
G - G
PG - PG
PG13 - M
R - MA
NC17 - R

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the good news is nobody forces you to watch them. Just like nobody forces me to watch chick flick rom coms. But they can keep making them if they want to.
I have to sit through the previews.

Actually, I could see Will Ferrell as Lassard, Lassard Jr or Lassard III.

Ben Stiller might make a good Harris.

Green light this thing!
Brooklyn Nine Nine is pretty much a Police Academy reboot anyway.

I thought it was a remake of the Dirty Harry movie.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back