The Title Race

Remove this Banner Ad

borini took a penalty. anyone could've taken it. any player could've scored it.
if it was a great solo goal brought about by the players ability then you'd have a point.
Not really, its a goal. Plenty of people have missed penalties. Having said that, it was a poor penalty.

All falling into place for the dippers. Not so bothered about Cech, although he is a top keeper. But Terry out really damages the Chelsea gameplan. Especially if Luiz plays in defence where he pretty much is the anti Chelsea under Mourinho.

Think the playing a B team is just talk from Jose, if he was going to do it he'd just do it rather than threaten it.

All falling into place for the dippers. Not so bothered about Cech, although he is a top keeper. But Terry out really damages the Chelsea gameplan. Especially if Luiz plays in defence where he pretty much is the anti Chelsea under Mourinho.

Think the playing a B team is just talk from Jose, if he was going to do it he'd just do it rather than threaten it.

I love Mark Schwarzer, but he can be a bit suspect at times. I think thats a big loss for them with Cech out.

It's win or bust for Chelsea. A draw cuts them 5 points adrift with only 6 on the table. It leaves them with only the faintest of hope.

A defeat knocks Chelsea out of the race altogether.

So if they want to remain involved they really need to win.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I agree. I have never disliked Everton. Grew up with the great Everton sides of the 80's and had nothing but resepct for them. Different I know. I hate Man Utd Chelsea Aresnal and Spurs far more than Everton.
I respect Everton but it's because they are average that nobody really minds them. If they suddenly won the league, * me, we would never hear the end of it.

Yeah I think Jose is just playing his mind games. He will play a strong side.

I respect Everton but it's because they are average that nobody really minds them. If they suddenly won the league, **** me, we would never hear the end of it.

From who though? There's barely any Aussie Everton fans.

I know a few locally, mainly those that play football. I know one very passionate fan who has some epic facebook rants, had a great one the other day about them making CL being a harder achievement than if we won the title.

I respect Everton but it's because they are average that nobody really minds them.
God, I want to smack you :)

If they suddenly won the league, **** me, we would never hear the end of it.
That is bull****. We might get a few bandwagoners that might get a bit loud, but nothing anyone couldn't bear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i like their players and manager dont mind efc nowdays.
they remind me of a little bro trying to be as good as his big bro but will never happend.
Yeah but wanting them to win the league over Chelsea, then suddenly little bro becomes better than big bro and then he starts becoming condescending and annoying and all high and mighty. Just be happy that Everton are and will be average until oil money eventually buys them.

I rank teams I hate on the basis of how much it would annoy me if they either beat us, or won the league. So I'd go,

1. Man Utd
2. Everton
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5. Chelsea

I don't really have any strong feelings of hatred about any of the other teams in the division, and Man City aside they are all irrelevant/minnows anyway. And tbh, even Chelsea I don't really hate. Have nothing but respect for Chelsea and Man City especially. The two luckiest fan bases in the league, to follow such top clubs.

The teams I hate the most are:

= 1 Chelsea/Man Utd
3 Arsenal
4 Man City
5 Spurs

Everton FC is not in my top 5 because notwithstanding the crosstown rivalry, there is respect there, if for anything, because of the JTF96. And I don't know of any Everton fans .

Man Utd, well of course. We hate them, they hate us. Always have, always will. But there's that hidden respect. Neither club has attempted to poach a player from the other, for as long as I can remember. When the Munich disaster occurred, you had some fans who took satisfaction in that, but LFC was their to offer help. When the Hillsborough memory was relived before a Man Utd game a season or two ago, SAF called for the MUFC fans to show respect before and during the game and they did.

Chelsea, now let me single out them for some special treatment. Biggest bunch of flogs you'll come across. More coaches in the past 7 years than members, total disrespect for any club tragedies, tried to poach Gerrard, poached Torres and I am glad to see that really hasn't worked out well for them. All in all a s**t club that nearly folded in the 80s, and the only reason they are relevant today is because a billionaire bought them. But left to its own devices, this club is irrelevant as the most part of its history shows. If Man Utd folded, I would be a bit upset, because alot of the banter would go. But if Chelsea folded, I would not give a stuff, and except for their true fans, I don't think anyone else would either. * them I hope they do fold, the FA would be better off without them.

Man City: only hate them because they are our biggest threat.

Spurs: I hate them because they are the biggest club going around, well so its fans keep saying.

Chelsea, now let me single out them for some special treatment. Biggest bunch of flogs you'll come across. More coaches in the past 7 years than members, total disrespect for any club tragedies, tried to poach Gerrard, poached Torres and I am glad to see that really hasn't worked out well for them. All in all a s**t club that nearly folded in the 80s, and the only reason they are relevant today is because a billionaire bought them. But left to its own devices, this club is irrelevant as the most part of its history shows. If Man Utd folded, I would be a bit upset, because alot of the banter would go. But if Chelsea folded, I would not give a stuff, and except for their true fans, I don't think anyone else would either. * them I hope they do fold, the FA would be better off without them.

So what you're saying is.....you don't like Chelsea?

But in all seriousness, I cannot understand how you can say they "poached" Torres. They paid 50,000,000 pounds for him. Liverpool chose to sell. All parties were in agreement, play on. That's not poaching.

As for Gerrard, from all reports he was a willing participant until the death threats. That's not poaching. A better example could've been the tapping up of Ashley Cole, but again, Cole was a willing participant.

Sporting rivalries are fantastic, sporting "hatreds" aren't real hatred, which is such an ugly emotion. Some of the best people I know support Manchester United, Everton, Essendon, Carlton & Australian Cricket - family members even:eek:
The despair of losing to, or of seeing them winning, your fiercest rivals only makes the joy of beating them even sweeter.
In the EPL, apart from the local derbies, the "old money" rivals of Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton & Manchester United are being challenged by the "nouveau riche" of Manchester City, Chelsea & Tottenham & as such I don't have the same deep seated feeling of real rivalry with them.
That said, there is something deeply unpleasant about the Chelsea Football Club that really makes me dislike them intensely, maybe it's Mourinho or the ugliness of their football, the plastic flags or simply John Terry, not sure but I don't have any respect for them as I do for all other clubs, even United.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back