The Worde on Laverde?

Remove this Banner Ad

My bad I think Laverde is a bombers fan and lives around that area don't know about Langford.

He was doing some Pre-Season Training with Heath Hocking and Lives about 10 Minutes from there new Training Ground

How about when they laughed at you taking Conca over Heppell........:D.............oh, hang on.

Everyone has a story.

At least conca is an afl level player. Kavanagh struggles in the Vfl.

Was my point that you are stupid judging kids until they actually play

At least conca is an afl level player. Kavanagh struggles in the Vfl.
Was my point that you are stupid judging kids until they actually play

That's always the real point but it doesn't stop us thinking we know better than those that do their job :)

Every team has their fair share of drafting slips but is it always the recruiters fault or maybe the regime they've been put into?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was my point ;)

I know, I was confirming and agreeing with you :thumbsu:

I know Laverde was a supporter. Not sure about Langford. Unless the folks are Essendon supporters it would be one of the least preferred Vic clubs to get drafted to ATM.

Laverde and Langford are both life long Essendon supporters and live 10 minutes from Windy Hill. Edit: and Tulla for that matter

I know, I was confirming and agreeing with you :thumbsu:

Laverde and Langford are both life long Essendon supporters and live 10 minutes from Windy Hill. Edit: and Tulla for that matter
Wow the stars really lined up for you guys with these two. I think it's a massive plus that they both already fallen in love with the club they where drafted to. I'm sure you could see why some draftees parents wouldn't be thrilled

Wow the stars really lined up for you guys with these two. I think it's a massive plus that they both already fallen in love with the club they where drafted to. I'm sure you could see why some draftees parents wouldn't be thrilled

From an outsiders perspective, absolutely, but I'm sure any player's families would get over it pretty quickly once they did a pre-season and got immersed in the club.

They don't really have an option either, which helps us tbh

I know Laverde was a supporter. Not sure about Langford. Unless the folks are Essendon supporters it would be one of the least preferred Vic clubs to get drafted to ATM.

Not sure I agree with that. If the worst happens with the drug saga would allow players to get an early chance at AFL level. Not to mention the signings of Gwilt, Cooney, McKenna and Giles who all had offers from other clubs.

Not sure I agree with that. If the worst happens with the drug saga would allow players to get an early chance at AFL level. Not to mention the signings of Gwilt, Cooney, McKenna and Giles who all had offers from other clubs.

Essendon would be one of the least desired clubs to go to atm. With the saga hanging over their head, it isn't exactly an environment of stability.
In saying that, I think once this saga blows over, the Bombers will claw some ground back, they are a big club.
But there is uncertainty around Essendon atm, I couldn't see any kids who weren't supporters - being overjoyed at landing at Windy Hill.

From an outsiders perspective, absolutely, but I'm sure any player's families would get over it pretty quickly once they did a pre-season and got immersed in the club.

They don't really have an option either, which helps us tbh
Yep spot on agree. I just think that given that these two picks are big investments and very important to list structure/balance. That the two of them are lifelong Dons pretty much means wot ever happened/happens there going to want to be a apart of EFC.

It's not just that. It's the stigma attached to Essendon stuff like idiots yelling drug cheat out of a passing car at a kid who wasn't even at the club at the time. I know every club has stuff like that but I think the Essendon stuff is a lot more malicious and common. I hope it all blows over sooner the better for all footy lovers

This. Boekhorst ticked all the boxes that the recruiters were looking for. They are already developing goal-kicking mids like Cripps & Graham. The recruiters were after someone they need like a Dennis Armfield/David Ellard type player. Leverde doesn't fit into the balance of Carlton's list.
You know that was taking the p1ss not serious right? You don't pass off Petracca because you have Nick Graham on your list! You don't recruit needs with your top pick and you don't draft anyone to be a 'Dennis Armfield/David Ellard' type player, not that those 2 have much in common anyway.

You recruited BB because he is speedy and skilled and was higher on your draft board than Laverde. Good top quality super quick players are hard to find so I can understand the decision. But you are crazy if you think it was some kind of needs based decision. Carlton have needs in every position on the ground.

Essendon would be one of the least desired clubs to go to atm. With the saga hanging over their head, it isn't exactly an environment of stability.
In saying that, I think once this saga blows over, the Bombers will claw some ground back, they are a big club.
But there is uncertainty around Essendon atm, I couldn't see any kids who weren't supporters - being overjoyed at landing at Windy Hill.
It's not just that. It's the stigma attached to Essendon stuff like idiots yelling drug cheat out of a passing car at a kid who wasn't even at the club at the time. I know every club has stuff like that but I think the Essendon stuff is a lot more malicious and common. I hope it all blows over sooner the better for all footy lovers

I think you're overstating it. Of course some prospective AFL players would have trepidations but we just won the signing of Connor Mckenna who had several clubs actively pointing out the short falls of Essendon.

It's hard until you are in someone else's shoes, but from the outside I woudn't worry about most of it. I'd hope the ASADA stuff is all done in 2015. Personally I'd rather go to Essendon than go interstate, but I do love Melbourne. And for the rest of Victorian clubs there is plenty of bad stigma associated with North, WB, Rich, Coll, St Kilda, Carl and Melb. Go to any of the 4 smaller clubs and the concern would be substandard facilities and conditions and historically good luck winning a flag at the Dogs, Saints or (post 1960's) Melbourne. Lob at Richmond and it's good luck winning a final in this day and age. Carlton and you are a dysfunction pack of cheats who's board will see them out of success. Collingwood, well there's pro and cons being at the biggest club. Hawthorn and Geelong sit a fair margin clear, but their are some signs of Geelong returning to mortal status!

Besides a fear of Mark Neeld ruining my career which all Melbourne supporters would have even if it's unjustified, my biggest concern with Essendon would be the future of Hird. If he gets tossed then you get an interim coach followed by a new coach and all of a sudden as a young player you are getting 3 different messages which can mess you around.

I wouldn't actually hold many fears about the staff, the other players, the culture once this is all over etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back