Beauty & Style Things that everyone likes but you just dont get

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed Motorsports you don't fully appreciate until you see it live, won't forget the first time I went down to Phillip Island an heard the 2 stroke 250s, also the smell is amazing aswell. Have gone down there ever since for the MotoGP. Too bad they stopped using 2 strokes as they were the best sounding bikes, one of the main reasons I'm looking at getting an Aprilia 125.

Death Metal. How people enjoy EXTREMELY loud guitars and someone scream inaudible words into a so called 'song' is beyond me.

It's the inaudible words that I don't get. I completely respect those who play it.

Extremely loud guitars don't bother me in the slightest, they've been part of rock and roll since The Who and Cream and Hendrix (and many, many others). Nothing wrong with that as long as the music's great.

- Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I've tried. Lordy, I have tried. I don't necessarily hate them, I just don't see what the fuss is about. Every five or so years, the world is going mental over the latest offering from four sweaty LA dudes with their shirts off, and essentially, they are poppy funk/funky pop. If I want pop, there's better pop. If I want funk, there's infinitely better funk. I am just meh about them.

Pretty much how I see it. Respect them as musicians and having a (then) unique sound, but doesn't do it for me. All their songs sound the same.

- Little Britain. You are not ***ing funny, **** off, "Me for Me's sake" crap. That bald one is particularly grating, I don't see a redeeming factor, sorry.

Hate this show with a passion. Absolutely no humour. Primary ingredient of a comedy to me is to be funny once in a while. This isn't, ever. Almost as unfunny as anything Chris Lilley does.

- Red Dwarf. Holy hell. And wait til people you know quote it to each other. I am generally placid, but internally turn into Syria itself when I hear this rubbish.

I'm a bit more selective here - to me Series 1-3 are very hard to watch, and Series 7-8 were made unwatchable by making the dreaded mistake of introducing a completely unrequired chick. However Series 4-6 I still think were (and are) brilliant.

Pretty much how I see it. Respect them as musicians and having a (then) unique sound, but doesn't do it for me. All their songs sound the same.

Hate this show with a passion. Absolutely no humour. Primary ingredient of a comedy to me is to be funny once in a while. This isn't, ever. Almost as unfunny as anything Chris Lilley does.

I'm a bit more selective here - to me Series 1-3 are very hard to watch, and Series 7-8 were made unwatchable by making the dreaded mistake of introducing a completely unrequired chick. However Series 4-6 I still think were (and are) brilliant.

Liked: We Can Be Heroes

Loved: Summer Heights High and Extreme Darren

Did Not Like: Angry Boys

Not a diehard fan of Lilley, but more often than not enjoy his work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone in their early to mid 20s, I'd say that amongst people I know at least, the worth of someone's car is inversely related to their current level of financial security.

In fact, for a lot of people I know, the quality of their car is a major threat to their financial security.

Also if a chick's getting all hot for a VS commodore, you have to question the quality of the woman imo.
Unfortunately lots of people just don't get this - starting with morons who spend all their money on cars. Unfortunately I've met many people who all they aspire to is owning a good car.

Yeah true, but I'm talking about psychologically to a woman, instinct tells them, 'nice car, money, inpregnate me'.

I agree about the VS thing too, but its stupidly common.
More to the point: wow he has nice car, i am shallow and go for overt displays of status, shag me in teh ass.

I haven't read all of the responses here, so apologies in advance (and perhaps a big 'amen brother') if any of the following have been mentioned...

- Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I've tried. Lordy, I have tried. I don't necessarily hate them, I just don't see what the fuss is about. Every five or so years, the world is going mental over the latest offering from four sweaty LA dudes with their shirts off, and essentially, they are poppy funk/funky pop. If I want pop, there's better pop. If I want funk, there's infinitely better funk. I am just meh about them.

- Twitter. Short and timely messages from a vain person to vain people who just need to be heard in life

- Motorsport in general. How the **ck can you barrack for a MOTOR???

- Little Britain. You are not ***ing funny, **** off, "Me for Me's sake" crap. That bald one is particularly grating, I don't see a redeeming factor, sorry.

- Ricky Gervais, thinks he is funnier than he is (oddly, I love Idiot Abroad but only because of Karl). But no, sorry, not as hilarious as he obviously finds himself (and made worse still by a laugh that irritates beyond belief)

- Red Dwarf. Holy hell. And wait til people you know quote it to each other. I am generally placid, but internally turn into Syria itself when I hear this rubbish.

- New Order. Four knobs who couldn't play their instruments or sing (except the drummer, but alas, he was reduced to simple dance beats or replaced by machines in this band). They were bad, and have dated horribly. They make, sometimes (I stress SOMETIMES) nice pleasant music. And then you hear them talk and they wreck any redemption when you find that they are simple, irritating oiks.

(As an aside to this, Peter Hook from New Order is globetrotting around the world wrecking Joy Division songs. That's f***ing it. I've had it).

- Rugby League. Okay, not everyone likes it, but most of eastern Australia. To me, as bad as AFL gets, it's still superior. Why? There is so much more to AFL. Rugby is just: fat bloke with no neck vs fat blokes with no necks trying (and maybe succeeding) in putting the ball on the ground at the other end, only after much tension and frustration passing the ball backwards/sideways. Argh. Why even let this game exist? No great marks, no huge kicks, no flashiness, no skills. Just grunt running/putting a ball on the ground. I will never understand it.

- Likewise soccer. Boring as it gets. Barely any score. No wonder there are riots at these games - they need something to do. I'd go as far to say that nobody actually really likes soccer, they just follow it because they think it is the done thing.

- The chilli/lime combination. Why? Who thought of this? Whoever you are, you are wrong.

- Owen Wilson. I watch entire movies expecting him to be funny, but he never is. He's made a whole career out of looking like he potentially could be funny. It just never happens.

- Dyson vacuum cleaners. How much better can dust be sucked up, I mean seriously? I had a $20 that absolutely smashed out the housework without insisting on itself.

- Ikea - instists on itself. "Here is a blue stool. A light blue stool. Ah, but not just any blue stool. It has been designed by Noorde Svoogerten". You pretentious twats. And why do I need to slide a plate of meatballs across a metal ledge? Whats wrong with carrying the f**king thing?

- Perving on asses. It's where sh*t comes out of. I can't look at them without thinking this. Boobs all the way.

- Red wine. Nobody in the world likes it. They just pretend to because they think it's cool.
Except for Dyson, I concur. <scratches chin>

I don't even understand why motor sports are considered sports. Also, not all girls are impressed by fancy cars, in fact I would say that most girls are not impressed by them - well, having one is good, but the less (unnecessary) time and money spent on it the better.
Why wouldn't they? They require skill and precision more than any other sport in the world and also take plenty of endurance. F1 drivers at Singapore last night had to operate in 55-60 degree cockpits, combating up to 4g (over 5g at some other tracks), at a constant heart rate of 170-190, for two hours with no break.

Not to mention 1 mistake can mean race over. Compare that mental pressure to having a set shot.

Toyota team doctor:
You work closely with the drivers, so how fit does a Formula One driver need to be?
RC: There is no other sport in the world which compares to the demands Formula One puts on the heart. The heat rate of a top driver can average over 180bpm for a race distance of 90 minutes or more. This is huge and no other sport keeps a heart rate so high for such a long time. On top of that there is a lot of muscle work for the whole body - heavy work for neck muscles to cope with the g-forces, high loads on legs and arms and good lumbar strength to stabilise the body. A normal person could do two or three laps in a Formula One car under those stresses before physically they couldn't continue.

More surprisingly, since the elimination of traction control and engine braking, drivers are facing more strain on their bodies as they battle to keep the 700bhp car under complete control.

Dr Ceccarelli reveals: "From the beginning of this season compared to last year, we have seen the heart rate is from five to 10 beats more and the sweating is more, which means the driver is more involved in driving. We consider this is not on the physical side but the mental side, which consumes a lot of energy."

Also:
"The brain is just like a muscle and you can train it," according to Ceccarelli and he offers Toyota drivers the chance to stay sharp by using computer programmes. He has developed simulations which can test - and improve - reaction times, multi tasking and spatial awareness.

Top level motorsport is overall (physical and mentally) at least, if not more demanding than any other sport.

Super thread.

- Coca Cola
- Instagram
- Those leggings that every teenage girl in Melbourne wears ******* everywhere
- Snap back hats
- Energy Drinks
- Vans (shoes)
- Facebook
- Clubbing
- Vodka
- Wine
- Cars/Motorsport