Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

People who own two or three investment properties and keep buying them. Probably a flawed argument but I feel that they're the reason housing affordability is up the pooper. If the tax concessions weren't so ridiculously generous in allowing investors to keep buying multiple properties people could afford their own place.
A Current Affar did a piece on Chinese immigrants investing multiple properties and all that yadayada.

They showed footage of an open auction, with my friends parents getting a bit of airtime just standing around.

Funny thing is that they've been in Australia for 25+ years, own one property that they live in, and weren't even there to buy (I think they were just with a friend).

One of the worst things
Yep, reckon my folks walked in and they panicked and dashed out the laundry door.

Got a fair amount of s**t though in half an hour tops. Reckon they watched and waited for us to leave as I left just after my parents and got back just after.

Getting home to find you have been broken into. ******* no good useless campaigners.

Terrible feeling - the thought of strangers going through your stuff. Thankfully no one was hurt - "stuff" can be replaced (as long as it's not sentimental) - hopefully your insurance company comes to the party.

Unfortunately it's difficult to track down criminals as usually it's some druggie street rat scum. Cops are only useful for providing a reference to the insurance company to confirm a crime has been committed.

What kind of ghetto you living in?
Actually not in a 'bad' named area, didn't expect this s**t here.

Terrible feeling - the thought of strangers going through your stuff. Thankfully no one was hurt - "stuff" can be replaced (as long as it's not sentimental) - hopefully your insurance company comes to the party.
Yeah thankfully no one was home at the time, by luck mums wedding and engangement ring got hidden in the clothes they tore out but they took the rest of the jewellery, sentimental things count I guess.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Current Affar did a piece on Chinese immigrants investing multiple properties and all that yadayada.

They showed footage of an open auction, with my friends parents getting a bit of airtime just standing around.

Funny thing is that they've been in Australia for 25+ years, own one property that they live in, and weren't even there to buy (I think they were just with a friend).

Australia actually have good laws concerning foreign investment. We have a problem with it here and there was talk about adopting the Australian system but the mayor seems scared to do anything. Now the average home price is around $1.3M.

Australia actually have good laws concerning foreign investment. We have a problem with it here and there was talk about adopting the Australian system but the mayor seems scared to do anything. Now the average home price is around $1.3M.
My cousins in BC were bitching about this twenty years ago when the Hong Kong Chinese were moving there in advance of the handback. Good to see the wheels of government move about as quickly over there as they do here.

Funny thing is that they've been in Australia for 25+ years, own one property that they live in, and weren't even there to buy (I think they were just with a friend)

hahaha lol. actually not lol. that bit would be fueling hate and anger at asians. oh wait, it was on aca. yep.

it raises an interesting point that i think about daily. that situation there, viewers would point and scream "ASIANS ARE BUYING OUR HOUSES!!!". the same people complain "them asians are not assimilating!".

to quote david oldfield "why do they next prefixes? why not ditch the asian part and just call themselves australians?". well david, there you go. one one hand the complainers want non anglo persons to identify themselves as australians, but on the other (hand) they identify them as asian, indian, african etc.

Yep, reckon my folks walked in and they panicked and dashed out the laundry door.

Got a fair amount of s**t though in half an hour tops. Reckon they watched and waited for us to leave as I left just after my parents and got back just after.

my sympathies and thoughts friend. possessions are just objects and things. im sure others here have experienced the same thing, and can all agree personal safety is paramount. the only thing that may be of concern is that someone, a stranger, was in your house and privacy compromised.

my sympathies and thoughts friend. possessions are just objects and things. im sure others here have experienced the same thing, and can all agree personal safety is paramount. the only thing that may be of concern is that someone, a stranger, was in your house and privacy compromised.

One thing we are worried about is the laptops, stole 3.. 2 that had charging issues so they would need to fork out to make work but one was a work one.

It's passworded, does anyone know much about if they can get the password off?

One thing we are worried about is the laptops, stole 3.. 2 that had charging issues so they would need to fork out to make work but one was a work one.

Well probably they can but it wouldn't be worth it. Better just to format it and hock it.

If it's a work one and you hadn't done anything stupid like leaving it in your car they would be responsible for having the data secure.

Also- people without insurance. Friend was just saying that her boyfriend's work van was stolen out of his driveway. Van worth $5k, $10k worth of tools inside, none of it insured....wtf.

so one was a work one and it had charging issue?

anything can be cracked in theory. but i reckon they'd just wipe it and use for own devices. like bigfooty.

Well probably they can but it wouldn't be worth it. Better just to format it and hock it.

If it's a work one and you hadn't done anything stupid like leaving it in your car they would be responsible for having the data secure.

Also- people without insurance. Friend was just saying that her boyfriend's work van was stolen out of his driveway. Van worth $5k, $10k worth of tools inside, none of it insured....wtf.
Yeah it was in the house, works been contacted in last 10 and they have blocked it's access, so that's fine.

so one was a work one and it had charging issue?

anything can be cracked in theory. but i reckon they'd just wipe it and use for own devices. like bigfooty.
Yeah of the 3 laptops they got, 2 of them don't charge and/or don't hold charge. So they will have to pay money to get them fixed.

The work one was the only one that held charge and charges fine, but it's also passworded.

I know insurance can be expensive but when your livelihood depends on it then it seems ridiculous that you wouldn't have cover. It never ceases to amaze me how people prioritise their finances as to what's important and what's even more important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back