List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It sounds like you want to draft his coach, not DVR. Did you even ask about DVR? It doesnt sound like it.....
No offence intended here, but I find some of your posts very confusing.:drunk:

Who wouldn't want to draft Doug Hawkins? The man is a legend and a old school footballer, He did talk about him fair bit during the night (He was doing a question & answer style night) and he was talking about 4 kids from the team he was coaching that are going to be in the draft this year & he spoke mostly highly over Rainbow, Even high then the kid that is predicted to go top 20 (can't remember his name off top of my head)

L
Who wouldn't want to draft Doug Hawkins? The man is a legend and a old school footballer, He did talk about him fair bit during the night (He was doing a question & answer style night) and he was talking about 4 kids from the team he was coaching that are going to be in the draft this year & he spoke mostly highly over Rainbow, Even high then the kid that is predicted to go top 20 (can't remember his name off top of my head)
laverde?

Me.
Came to my sons Aus Kick clinic yrs ago. Spent the whole day talking to a couple of Bulldog supporter dads on the side of the oval and didnt do one bloody thing with the kids.
Then after we finished putting the kids through their paces Dougy strolls over and gives a " work hard and dont give up on ya dreams kids" type speech then he hopped in his car and drove away .
I wonder how much money he got for that :D:D:D

But i will admit he was a seriously good footy player:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Me.
Came to my sons Aus Kick clinic yrs ago. Spent the whole day talking to a couple of Bulldog supporter dads on the side of the oval and didnt do one bloody thing with the kids.
Then after we finished putting the kids through their paces Dougy strolls over and gives a " work hard and dont give up on ya dreams kids" type speech then he hopped in his car and drove away .
I wonder how much money he got for that :D:D:D

But i will admit he was a seriously good footy player:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I thought the same thing about Dougy, great with adults not so much kids.

Im seeing dippa and fev tonight at a function so will be interesting to see what they are like.

I thought the same thing about Dougy, great with adults not so much kids.

Im seeing dippa and fev tonight at a function so will be interesting to see what they are like.
Since you mentioned him crasha. Went to another kids footy clinic and Dipper was there. He was bloody fantastic.
Had the kids listening to every word he said. He was firm enough to keep all the kids in line and concentrating during the training drills . But he still made it fun for them as well. He was great with the kids.

But i guess footy players are just normal blokes and they have good days & bad days as well. So im not gonna hang Dougie for it.

His endurance base and clean hands will ensure he transitions as a big bodied midfielder at AFL level. Despite the hate he receives on BigFooty he will still go quite early IMO.
Lol he won't be an inside mid at all

I'm less on Lamb as a mid, and more as a forward. He is what, 192-194cm? I reckon if we pick him, Tom Lee will start to feel very, very, VERY nervous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:cool:
Wow.. Anyone else thinking Webb at 41 is a steal?

Pick 1: Petracca
Pick 21: Maynard
Pick 22: McKenzie
Pick 41: Webb

Webb is very nice player but think they will go McDonald /Keitel / Hammelman KPD

Or someone like Bampton - if all the good KPD are gone.

Hope they Rookie list Le Grice / Hartley /Grace

Is Lamb a genuine footballer, or more of an athlete playing football?

If it isn't clear what his role is, I'd be much happier drafting him if it's the former. If it's the latter, I'd have doubts about if he'd ever be able to make it.

I'm less on Lamb as a mid, and more as a forward. He is what, 192-194cm? I reckon if we pick him, Tom Lee will start to feel very, very, VERY nervous.

The first think I thought when looking at his highlights real is 2010 Gilbert...

IIRC his coach did mention that he preferred Lamb playing off Half Back..

Last edited:
The first think I thought when looking at his highlights real is 2010 Gilbert...
Given the importance of Gilbert (apparently...) to Richo's gameplan, that could be the reason he's drafted by us!

If it isn't clear what his role is, I'd be much happier drafting him if it's the former. If it's the latter, I'd have doubts about if he'd ever be able to make it.
Plays exactly like jack watts, super athelete but floats in and out of games without having a position he has mastered.

I'm just praying some flog team like freo take him

Last edited:

Definitely a genuine footballer, who just happens to be a freak athlete.

His problem is he's the kind of guy who absolutely destroy a local comp but might never settle at elite level; all the ability in the world, but no set position and variable workrate and temperament.

Wow.. Anyone else thinking Webb at 41 is a steal?

Pick 1: Petracca
Pick 21: Maynard
Pick 22: McKenzie
Pick 41: Webb

Win

Definitely, gone very quiet since the Champs (where's he been? School footy? I don't think I saw him in the stats for the TAC Cup after the Champs, maybe injured or not paying attention) but I watched him in the Champs and wow, I was super excited about him, very accurate disposal and looks a very lively prospect. Wouldn't mind him at all at 41 to be honest.

Is there are CHB in the Draft that we will be looking at with pick 22 or 41 that's a chance to be 8 to 10 year player

Is there are CHB in the Draft that we will be looking at with pick 22 or 41 that's a chance to be 8 to 10 year player
Realistically, McDonald, Ramsey, Howard, Nielson and McLaren.

The last three are reaches, but all are solid KPDs, with Howard being a pretty decent KPF as well but probably having the highest 'busy' potential.

Realistically, McDonald, Ramsey, Howard, Nielson and McLaren.

The last three are reaches, but all are solid KPDs, with Howard being a pretty decent KPF as well but probably having the highest 'busy' potential.
I would add Hammelmann as a potenital afl CHB if he is as crap a foward as Rahul says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back