List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd definitely be happy for us to take the punt on him. Reunite him with Luke and need another KPD or two!
If it does happen, l expect some sort of deal, probably future good will in a trade or something like that, not sure how it works in that regard.

If it does happen, l expect some sort of deal, probably future good will in a trade or something like that, not sure how it works in that regard.
What do you mean?

you delisted him so he is free for anyone to draft even if you intend of re-drafting him. Todd Banfield as an example last year was contracted for 2014 by Brisbane but they delisted him intending to re-draft as a rookie only for him to be picked up instead by Richmond.

What do you mean?

you delisted him so he is free for anyone to draft even if you intend of re-drafting him. Todd Banfield as an example last year was contracted for 2014 by Brisbane but they delisted him intending to re-draft as a rookie only for him to be picked up instead by Richmond.
Yea, but there's an unspoken convention that if you delist a player and intend to put him on as a rookie (which we are intending to do) then another club can't pick that said player in the draft. I am not saying you can't, just saying there has always been an unspoken deal between clubs about re-drafting.

Watching some of the highlights of the guys being named as a possible pick at 21/22 such as Edward Vickers-Willis and Alex Neal-Bullen i find them abit vanilla.
I am sure they will be great players and do the job fine but who are the players that will make me want to give numerous high fives to random other fans in the crowd and cause beer to be accidentally thrown over strangers in celebration.

Watching some of the highlights of the guys being named as a possible pick at 21/22 such as Edward Vickers-Willis and Alex Neal-Bullen i find them abit vanilla.
I am sure they will be great players and do the job fine but who are the players that will make me want to give numerous high fives to random other fans in the crowd and cause beer to be accidentally thrown over strangers in celebration.

Some soft Saints supporter would complain to Jihad mgt if that happened and you'd get chucked out. Too many theatre goers these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam Delaney averages 15 touches and 4.7 marks to his big bro's 9.4 touches and 3.7 marks, which probably reflects their differing roles.

He's the same height, but (at least) 6kgs lighter, so he's more a cross of Fisher and Dempster than a monster KPD like Luke; he's more athletic.

Wouldn't put the house on him, but certainly wouldn't say no if he can get his toe right. He's only 22 after all.

F#@k North, we owe them no favours; gimme Cam to add to Keys... It'll be the Wakelins Mark II...

Just read Cam Delaney has ongoing left foot (big toe) issues has had two ops and they have delisted him with a year to run on his contract. With the feet issues a number of our players already have our medicos would want to be certain before taking Cam on!

Just read Cam Delaney has ongoing left foot (big toe) issues has had two ops and they have delisted him with a year to run on his contract. With the feet issues a number of our players already have our medicos would want to be certain before taking Cam on!
See the previous post...

Lets not start a precedence of ******* other clubs with rookie downgrades when we ourselves are doing the exact same thing with Schneiderman.

Jack Watts without elite skills or elite speed is a perfectly fine comparison for Tom Lamb, he's not a top 25 player on production, not close. Defensive skills lacking, doesn't have a set position, doesn't win his own ball in midfield, not strong enough to play key forward.
Is exactly what most people said about Fyfe before he was drafted!

I really want to see us land a key back this draft, particularly if we have plans to play Bruce forward. Our key position depth down back is non existent. I like McDonald but I think it is just a little bit too much of a stretch given the quality that is still likely to be around at pick 21/22. However, I would probably be happy to use that pick on either of Marchbank or Goddard.

I have redone the draft order literally 100 times and I am starting to think there is a actually a pretty good chance that one of Marchbank or Goddard actually does slide, particularly if some or all of the following rumours floated around turn out to be true:

1. Adelaide want McKenzie - This one makes a lot of sense, given that they were willing to downgrade from 10 to 14;
2. Clem Smith is wanted by Gold Coast with pick 15- Would be surprised personally, but happy if this is true. Don't think he is worth a top 20 pick;
3. Carlton are interested in Lamb. Would also be happy with this. I am no draft expert, but the mere comparison from others to Watts without the foot skills has completely spooked me. No thanks.

If the above rumours turn out to be true, there are only 17 picks left, take out Heeney and you have 16. I reckon there are too many other highly fancied players for 4 key backs (Lever, Durdin, Goddard, Marchbank), to be selected with the remaining 16 picks. Therefore I am guessing that Goddard or Marchbank is squeezed out of the top 20. Otherwise one of Duggan, DeGoey, Langford, Cockatoo, Ahern, Weller, Pickett etc. has to slide. It would be great if we could nab one of these guys, but it is less likely.

Under this scenario the following players would still be left: Maynard, Marchbank, Ellis, Garlett, Blakely, Neal-Bulleen, Menadue, Vickers-Willis. I reckon we take Maynard & Marchbank if those options are available.

For our third rounder, I reckon we are a good chance to nab one of: DVR, Touk Miller, McDonald Wigg, Webb, McLean.

Wrapping up, I reckon we could walk away with Petracca, Maynard, Marchbank & McLean. That would be a fricking awesome draft.

Last edited:
Rahul , We may have dodged a bullet with Dumont, I think you were pretty keen on him.

Hope he can get his act together and not become just another stat.

I really want to see us land a key back this draft, particularly if we have plans to play Bruce forward. Our key position depth down back is non existent. I like McDonald but I think it is just a little bit too much of a stretch given the quality that is still likely to be around at pick 21/22. However, I would probably be happy to use that pick on either of Marchbank or Goddard.

I have redone the draft order literally 100 times and I am starting to think there is a actually a pretty good chance that one of Marchbank or Goddard actually does slide, particularly is some or all of the following rumours floated around turn out to be true:

1. Adelaide want McKenzie - This one makes a lot of sense, given that they were willing to downgrade from 10 to 14;
2. Clem Smith is wanted by Gold Coast with pick 15- Would be surprised personally, but happy if this is true. Don't think he is worth a top 20 pick;
3. Carlton are interested in Lamb. Would also be happy with this. I am no draft expert, but the mere comparison from others to Watts without the foot skills has completely spooked me. No thanks.

If the above rumours turn out to be true, there are only 17 picks left, take out Heeney and you have 16. I reckon there are too many other highly fancied players for 4 key backs (Lever, Durdin, Goddard, Marchbank), to be selected with the remaining 16 picks. Therefore I am guessing that Goddard or Marchbank is squeezed out of the top 20. Otherwise one of Duggan, DeGoey, Langford, Cockatoo, Ahern, Weller, Pickett etc. has to slide. It would be great if we could nab one of these guys, but it is less likely.

Under this scenario the following players would still be left: Maynard, Marchbank, Ellis, Garlett, Blakely, Neal-Bulleen, Menadue, Vickers-Willis. I reckon we take Maynard & Marchbank if those options are available.

For our third rounder, I reckon we are a good chance to nab one of: DVR, Touk Miller, McDonald Wigg, Webb, McLean.

Wrapping up, I reckon we could walk away with Petracca, Maynard, Marchbank & McLean. That would be a fricking awesome draft.

Not sure about Adelaide going for McKenzie, think they will need to take Goddard/Durdin/Marchbank as their defence stocks are pretty bad, unless they're planning on playing Jenkins down back making a space for McKenzie up forward, I can't see them doing that. But if McKenzie does go at 14, I can DEFINITELY see Marchbank sliding to us, wouldn't be disappointed at all if this happen but at this stage I'm still expecting them to go KPD.
Think Clem Smith at 15 will be a reach, I think they'll be able to get him at 29 though, perhaps they will want to be on the safe side but I don't think this is as likely.
Think one of Carlton/Essendon at 17, 19 and 20 will take Lamb, agree with that one.

Good post though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back