List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big call time, Lachie Weller will be a better footballer over 10 years than Christian Petracca.

He couldn't be closer to the exact player that we actually need on our list. Quick, excellent by either foot, loves a goal, pin up boy - I've been bullish on him for a long time, I still cannot see him slide to our pick but would be doing Blacres style cartwheels around the lounge like last year if he somehow got to pick 21!

Roos made a comment along the lines of 'Petracca won't make it to Collingwood, take from that what you will.'
Saw that. Surely Petracca goes to Melbourne. Or is my prediction true
Pick 1. Patrick McCartin
Pick 21. Christian Petracca
Pick 22. Angus Brayshaw
Pick 41. Jayden Laverde

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was Bains I'd be telling people I spoke to in the club that we will draft " a , b, and c" in confidence, "don't tell anyone mate"
I'd tell each person a different combo, and by draft day I'd know who was leaking where.

The club deliberately leaked it IMO. They realised supporters were in love with CP so leaked our intent to soften the blow.

Petracca aside, why are some of us dead keen on a big bodied inside beast for pick 21/22?

Surely that's the one position where we have decent depth.

Bloody hell, haven't read this thread since late last night and I'm 450+ posts behind! :eek:

So I'm guessing that his kicking results were total crap? May as well just tell us cause if we take him we will find out he's a crap kick anyway.
Well, that would depend on what you consider to be "total crap". If you consider the bottom 10% in both the field kicking and goalkicking tests to be "total crap" then yes, they were total crap! Not super-surprised with his poor field-kicking results, as it seems that precise, pin-point kicking (especially on his left) isn't usually his bag, but his goalkicking results surprised me, scoring just 8/30 on that one and in the bottom 5%.

I thought McCartin couldn't kick either?
His issue is supposed to be a confidence one. A bit like a Travis Cloke, who can kick, but just doesn't believe in himself enough when you put him in front of the big sticks. Apparently Paddy will often take a mark 40m out and look to pass it off, or will try and play on, like he did on one occasion in one of the televised champs games, when he played on unnecessarily and his snapped kick got touched and it cost him a total gimme-goal.

Petracca probably believes in himself too much and he's admitted himself that he can step over the line of being too arrogant, whereas Paddy probably not enough.

I'm still hoping we call out Petracca's name tomorrow night though and that the media have just been trolled. If CP got a poor medical result in his latest test that would change things of course, especially if it showed that his hip was not looking good.

Well, that would depend on what you consider to be "total crap"! If you consider the bottom 10% in both the field kicking and goalkicking tests to be "total crap" then yes, they were total crap. Not super-surprised with his poor field-kicking results, as it seems that precise, pin-point kicking (especially on his left) isn't usually his bag, but his goalkicking results surprised me, scoring just 8/30 on that one and in the bottom 5%.

Wow that is truly horrible. Depending on how much his hip issues effected those results I could totally understand how that would be a massive deal breaker.

Petracca aside, why are some of us dead keen on a big bodied inside beast for pick 21/22?

Surely that's the one position where we have decent depth.
I like Connor Blakely @ 21/22, he could be a steal IMO. I prefer him over ANB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back