Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

He was injured for 3 weeks, so that's around 12 rounds he didn't get picked when fit
He's injured right now. Was injured earlier in the year. Came back and had that 60 something disposal game, played the next week and then got injured. Returned a few weeks later and has been injured ever since.

O
He's injured right now. Was injured earlier in the year. Came back and had that 60 something disposal game, played the next week and then got injured. Returned a few weeks later and has been injured ever since.
k fair enough but getting 60 something possessions in a second division league and having played 2 afl games in the year doesn't make him a top 10 pick.
I proposed brown(late 1st round-early 2nd round pick) and our second pick, Sydney might not accept unless Mitchell asked to leave but it shouldn't be far off for someone who has played an average of 6 afl games a year

O
k fair enough but getting 60 something possessions in a second division league and having played 2 afl games in the year doesn't make him a top 10 pick.
I proposed brown(late 1st round-early 2nd round pick) and our second pick, Sydney might not accept unless Mitchell asked to leave but it shouldn't be far off for someone who has played an average of 6 afl games a year
We are all victims of overrating the value of our players. ;)

It's hard to fathom NEAFL form.

I've had a look at VFL, SANFL & WAFL & I'd say VFL is the best standard after AFL. NEAFL is probably a tad inferior to A Grade VAFA.

Would be interesting to see how Mitchell would go in the VFL.

I don't think Sydney would get value with Mitchell. Clubs would be wary of taking on a $400 k contract for an injury prone player.

Clubs also know that Sydney have less flexibility in their salary cap. Sydney may be actively trying to trade him because they won't be able to trade their first pick due to Heeney and there are too many players tied up to the inside midfield role.

Sometimes a trade is not based on how important it is to a suitor. It's based on where they stand at their current club.

I get the feeling people have forgotten just how good Tom Mitchell is.

Have to agree. Was down on form at start of the year (a lot were). Got dropped to reserves to get form then injured. Coaches probably said get your form for x amount of games and did then got injured again. Rince repeat for this year. Instead of focusing on Neafl form should look at his afl form last year when he was fit as a gauge for how the swans value him

My only problem with Mitchell, he is very injury prone.

apart from that I would give up our first.

What would it take from the tigers to get Lyons?

I have always liked him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't think he was injured all year?

In fact I know he wasn't because he was killing it in the Neafl. Why wasn't he playing firsts then?

Think Nth would be keen to get there hands on pick 4 for Angus Brayshaw (VIC – Mid/Def). What deal could they offer ? Probably would be dealing with Melbourne.

Sando keeps saying you cant play Thompson, Dangerfield, Sloane and Lyons. Bull s**t
Of course you can. The top 4 play 5/6 inside mids

not at all. just trying to work out where poeple see other players value

jack steven is a very very very good young player with a very high ceiling IMO not far from making a big impact

Jack Stevens is a very good player but we are well served with our small mids. Now if Bontempelli was on offer??

Pick 1 in 2014 is not like for like for pick 1 in 2013.

Tom Boyd was a consensus number 1 pick. This year whilst McArtin is the likely number 1 choice, many also rate Petracca (including myself) in that spot or even Peter Wright.
We've also put 12 months of development into Boyd.

I would do Daniher for Boyd as that is more like for like but not for anything in this years draft.

Jack Stevens is a very good player but we are well served with our small mids. Now if Bontempelli was on offer??

Pick 1 in 2014 is not like for like for pick 1 in 2013.

Tom Boyd was a consensus number 1 pick. This year whilst McArtin is the likely number 1 choice, many also rate Petracca (including myself) in that spot or even Peter Wright.
We've also put 12 months of development into Boyd.

I would do Daniher for Boyd as that is more like for like but not for anything in this years draft.

i agree on the 2014/2013 draft comparison.

i reckon we'll pass on mccartin and go for pertracca. based on some news that is starting to come out about us targetting one of your talls next year in the PSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back