Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyons is averaging 26 possessions and 1 goal/game in the SANFL. It's baffling how he doesn't get games at Adelaide.

I don't understand why Tom Mitchell is rated so highly here? Sure he's worth a first rounder but you aren't gonna get a top 10 pick for someone who can't get a game.
Bloody Gary Rohan has been playing and he hasn't!

I don't understand why Tom Mitchell is rated so highly here? Sure he's worth a first rounder but you aren't gonna get a top 10 pick for someone who can't get a game.
Bloody Gary Rohan has been playing and he hasn't!

This is a silly post. Sydney have the best inside ball brigade in the league. That's why he can't get a game.

This is a silly post. Sydney have the best inside ball brigade in the league. That's why he can't get a game.
So again he asks, why would you give a top 10 pick for a midfielder who can't get a game? It doesn't matter if they have a great midfield, top 10 picks are reserved for certain players, that means someone playing AFL seniors. It's different if he was a budding tall, but a third year well built midfielder should be playing senior footy. You don't give top 10 picks for midfielders who have gone backwards in their third years and been dropped to the reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So again he asks, why would you give a top 10 pick for a midfielder who can't get a game? It doesn't matter if they have a great midfield, top 10 picks are reserved for certain players, that means someone playing AFL seniors. It's different if he was a budding tall, but a third year well built midfielder should be playing senior footy. You don't give top 10 picks for midfielders who have gone backwards in their third years and been dropped to the reserves.

He's contracted, a father son, he's not going anywhere without Sydney's blessing. Which would take an offer that is worth more than his current output. But if you want him your rating him on what he will be and not what he is doing right know. Look at the Melbourne's efforts at getting Dom Tyson, people were laughing at them then, well their not now. He's ready to play 22 games as an inside mid he just needs some opportunity, he'll play the same role as Josh Kennedy for another club. Sydney have first hand experience of his worth, he isn't going to be cheap, it might not be a top 10 pick but it won't be much less than that.

On Sydney players I would not be surprised if a few Melbourne teams were not trying to pry Membrey out of Sydney. He looks like a very different player than when he arrived there and should be a player when he gets a chance. He would also be a hell of a lot cheaper than Mitchell.

George Hewett is another who I hear some good things about. Admittedly he is only a first year player so its unlikely they would be letting him go at this stage.

He is now a very trim guy who runs well. He covers the ground and works up the park really nicely. He may still need to improve his endurance a bit more but I could see him a really nice flanker at AFL level. He has a presence around the ball and goes in and wins the stoppages well for a guy who was a lead up target when I saw him play junior football.

He is now a very trim guy who runs well. He covers the ground and works up the park really nicely. He may still need to improve his endurance a bit more but I could see him a really nice flanker at AFL level. He has a presence around the ball and goes in and wins the stoppages well for a guy who was a lead up target when I saw him play junior football.
Sounds a bit like Darling.

Regardless of how many people say that Mitchell isn't getting games because of injuries, the fact remains that he broke the all-time record for disposals recorded in a match (so was clearly fit) and was not selected for the seniors the next week, having to play in the reserves again.

If Mitchell is worth top 10, and still can't get a game at Sydney, does that mean every other Sydney midfielder is top 10 material?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back