List Mgmt. Treloar officially nominates Pies as his pref club (Mods: please use this thread for all AT posts)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I get the feeling that Brisbane hate us enough that they will send him to the PSD. If that is to happen we are going to have to free up some cap space to get help get him to us.

Well looking what Happened last year. That could happen

Aish wants to come to pies.

I get the feeling he has been told to cool his jets till after the treloar deal is finalised.

We don't need Lions demanding picks we don't have due to needing them to secure treloar.

That why it is important to get the Traloar deal done on day one, preferably in the 1st hour.

Well looking what Happened last year. That could happen

Well I think they got Beams for a bargain myself. He was still under contract with us yet Brisbane were talking to him. Yet they seem to be pissed at us? LOL.

They are very lucky future picks weren't in last year otherwise they would've given us 2 first rounders.

Well I think they got Beams for a bargain myself. He was still under contract with us yet Brisbane were talking to him. Yet they seem to be pissed at us? LOL.

They are very lucky future picks weren't in last year otherwise they would've given us 2 first rounders.
Oh man, Moore and Schache in the same forward line. If only

Could but I remember reading the Top Pick 3-5 where Protected?
Protected as in the original team would likely get a pick back after the traded pick.

If the AFL tried to strip a future pick from a side just because the team that traded it ended up being s**t, clubs would burn down AFL house.

As far as I've heard anyway, the pick protection idea was rejected by all the clubs. Prevailing attitude was if you make your own bed you lay in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that guy is full of s**t. From memory KJpie had a source who said the Aish camp was actually hoping that Collingwood would draft him in 2013 and were gutted when he ended up at Brisbane.

It is believed by some that Aish tanked his pre-draft interviews that year to get to the Pies as both Adelaide teams were devoid of an early pick.

A lot changed very late in the 2013 draft as prior to his foot problems Shaz was the only player considered by some to possibly rival Boyd for the # 1 pick.

We turned red hot on the Bont the Dogs got a whif were also very keen and swooped on him taking him out of the equation.

Dekka openly stated the decision to choose between Shaz and Aish was an incredibly tough one. My understanding is that we rated Shaz slightly higher and he filled our long term positional needs more so. I was led to believe that Dekka communicated with Aish throughout the process and beyond in the hope of gaining his services 2 years later. Brisbane drafted him with the thinking they could sway him into staying or draft him off for quality picks/ players.

My Mates son is the contact and even he didn't believe the lions would draft him approx 3 weeks prior to the draft not only because of the go home factor but mainly because they didn't think he would be available at 7. However as stated closer to draft day it become clear that both Bont and Kolodjashnijjjjjjj would go early and others dropped down the order.

The Lions were also very keen on Salem but faced the same dilemma Re: go home factor and as a result went with best player practice, i.e. Aish.

My main concern with Aish is Barney Mathews involvement. I've had the pleasure of meeting the man (Head strong Good luck changing his mind) a few times and if he states he's prepared to let Aish walk to the draft and receive nothing in return then you can just about put your house on it unless they receive appropriate compo (hopeful Dekka will get it done EFA).

Last edited:
It is believed by some that Aish tanked his pre-draft interviews that year to get to the Pies as both Adelaide teams were devoid of an early pick.

A lot changed very late in the 2013 draft as prior to his foot problems Shaz was the only player considered by some to possibly rival Boyd for the # 1 pick.

We turned red hot on the Bont the Dogs got a whif were also very keen and swooped on him taking him out of the equation.

Dekka openly stated the decision to choose between the 2 players was an incredibly tough one. My understanding is that we rated Shaz slightly higher and he filled our long term positional needs more so. I was led to believe that Dekka communicated with Aish throughout the process and beyond in the hope of gaining his services 2 years later. Brisbane drafted him with the thinking they could sway him into staying or draft him off for quality picks/ players.

My Mates son is the contact and even he didn't believe the lions would draft him approx 3 weeks prior to the draft not only because of the go home factor but mainly because they didn't think he would be available at 7. However as stated closer to draft day it become clear that both Bont and Kolodjashnijjjjjjj would go early.

The Lions were also very keen on Salem but faced the same dilemma Re: go home factor and as a result went with best player practice, i.e. Aish.

My main concern with Aish is Barney Mathews involvement. I've had the pleasure of meeting the man a few times and if he states he's prepared to let Aish walk to the draft and receive nothing in return then you can just about put your house on it happening unless they receive appropriate compo.
They are starting early with the ultimatums. Apparently still hurting from Beams time and to put us under pressure after Treloar deal is done.

Apparently still hurting from Beams time and to put us under pressure after Treloar deal is done.
Yeah they got reamed. :):eek:

th

Dekka openly stated the decision to choose between the 2 players was an incredibly tough one. My understanding is that we rated Shaz slightly higher and he filled our long term positional needs more so. I was led to believe that Dekka communicated with Aish throughout the process and beyond in the hope of gaining his services 2 years later. Brisbane drafted him with the thinking they could sway him into staying or draft him off for quality picks/ players.

My Mates son is the contact and even he didn't believe the lions would draft him approx 3 weeks prior to the draft not only because of the go home factor but mainly because they didn't think he would be available at 7. However as stated closer to draft day it become clear that both Bont and Kolodjashnijjjjjjj would go early.

My main concern with Aish is Barney Mathews involvement. I've had the pleasure of meeting the man a few times and if he states he's prepared to let Aish walk to the draft and receive nothing in return then you can just about put your house on it happening unless they receive appropriate compo.

Interesting, thanks. I remember the term Hine used was 'feather' to describe the difference between Scharenberg and Aish. Also re the last paragraph about Matthews ultimatum, forcing a quality player into the draft would make a complete mockery of their recent request for a priority pick. Surely it wont happen.

Imagine the meltdown on here until the trade is signed off on. For all of ours and especially the mods sanity I pray its a day 1 trade

Same Here - I hate for this to Drag out to the last few Days of Trade Period.

Though Talk/Rumors going around. That is Doubtful and trade will be done in the 1st few Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back