MMA-UFC UFC 168 Weidman vs Silva II

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just thinking how interesting the MW title picture is now. Overall the division still lacks the depth that other divisions have but the relatively new additions of Machida, Jacare and Mousasi to the UFC's 185 divison is very exciting.

Weidman/Belfort next for the title. After that it's probably the Machida/Mousasi winner or Jacare getting a title shot. Win or lose against Cormier, if Evans could drop down that would create some cool fights too. Chael could drop down to 185 after his fight with Wanderlei and make a run for the title now that Anderson isn't occupying the throne too.

I'd be pretty excited to see Chael vs. Vitor at 185. Vitor would probably win, but I reckon it'd be a good contest.

The doctor who performed the surgery said today that Silva will most likely have the rod in his leg for life.

He should get decent power out of his kicks then! :D

And I'm sure I'm not saying anything you don't know, but if you get a chance to get to Vegas for a card you bloody well should, best thing I've ever been to, everything I expected and more! :thumbsu:

Can Cyborg make 135?
Also if she does will she still have her "power"?
Rousey should demand daily blood tests
No.

She has previously been contracted by the UFC, couldn't cut down to fight and they weren't interested in creating a division simply to fulfill her contract so she was released. she struggles to even make 145, let alone 135. They'll never fight.

No.

She has previously been contracted by the UFC, couldn't cut down to fight and they weren't interested in creating a division simply to fulfill her contract so she was released. she struggles to even make 145, let alone 135. They'll never fight.
Why couldn't Ronda go up to 145? Wasn't she saying a little while ago that she could be Cain.

Cyborg at 145 should be no problem then.

;)

If they can be compared at all - Micky Barlow played for 6 months or so before having a pin removed from his leg the following offseason. It's probably apples & oranges though with the respective sports, but the main thing being that he returned to an elite level with it so who knows..

Pins and roads are no advantage, if anything it's a disadvantage hit it right his career ends.

Can Cyborg make 135?
Also if she does will she still have her "power"?
Rousey should demand daily blood tests

Cardiologist has said he will not sign her off at 135 so it looks like a no go. Rousey would be crazy to go up, IMO cyborg would murder her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

enntafU.jpg

If he fights again, I'd be amazed. No ******* way.

Surely.

Corey Hill's back fighting, he will be if he wants it enough.

Anderson is 8 years older than Hill was when he broke his leg. He is also unanimously considered one of the greatest fighters of all time. I agree that if he chooses to he likely will, but there is no need.

Too many fighters hang around a couple of fights too many and taint their legacy somewhat. Anderson can bow out as the best ever with a couple of freak circumstance losses (dat heel hook :eek: ), rich enough that he would struggle to chew through his substantial wealth and universally admired.

Weidman v Silva 2
- keep hands up

Weidman v Silva 3
- keep hands up
- no leg kicks

Weidman v Silva 4
- keep hands up
- no leg kicks
- ???

Weidman v Silva 2
- keep hands up

Weidman v Silva 3
- keep hands up
- no leg kicks

Weidman v Silva 4
- keep hands up
- no leg kicks
- ???
Maybe:

Wiedman vs Silva III:

- don't piss fart around
- don't snap your leg in a freak one in a million accident

Probably a little closer to what happened.

Maybe:

Wiedman vs Silva III:

- don't piss fart around
- don't snap your leg in a freak one in a million accident

Probably a little closer to what happened.

Jack Slack did a pretty good article on bleacher report about how whilst it was an accident (as in Weidman didn't check it with the intention of breaking the s**t out of Silvas leg) it wasn't that freakish. Was a good read, that dude knows what he is on about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back