under 18 division 1 and division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

No Point Cook in the league, laverton again,Deer Park,Albanvale and Glen Orden struggling for numbers. Must be a tough age, thou St Albans and Hoppers seem to always have numbers and Altona.

what a joke wrfl should do something about the lack of teams possibly combine both div 1 and 2 although it will conflict with the seniors fixture. If something dosnt happen we will probs see hoppers win div 1 and div 2 or st albans winning 1 and 2.

I don't think they should combine the two divisions (really cant with a few clubs having teams in both).

Hopefully common sense will see even number of teams in both divisions. If Div 1 have 7 clubs and Div 2 have 9 clubs then hopefully they bring up a club to Div 1 and have eight in both.

Then again, maybe 7 teams would be ok...go to a final four and most teams play each other three times in the season. You'd get better quality contests at least.

The worst scenario is teams having six byes for the season and only playing 12 games. That is unsatisfactory.

I don't think they should combine the two divisions (really cant with a few clubs having teams in both).

Hopefully common sense will see even number of teams in both divisions. If Div 1 have 7 clubs and Div 2 have 9 clubs then hopefully they bring up a club to Div 1 and have eight in both.

Then again, maybe 7 teams would be ok...go to a final four and most teams play each other three times in the season. You'd get better quality contests at least.

The worst scenario is teams having six byes for the season and only playing 12 games. That is unsatisfactory.

I agree, they should have done this last year,maybe putting Point Cook, who went through undefeated, and dropped maybe Sunshine Heights down, guess its tough to predict before the season the quality of some teams. It sounds like our league is the only one with these issues, all the other leagues around the area seem to have no problems with fielding 3 teams ( essendon,riddell,gdfl ).

wrfl ladder
hoppers
st albans
altona
sunshine
albion
spotswood
north footscray ?(do they have a team)
sunni heights=folded
dear park= folded
port melbourne= no team

6 teams in a grade????? teams need to come up to make it at least an 8 team league

6 teams in a grade????? teams need to come up to make it at least an 8 team league
The more I think about it the more I don't mind the thought of only 6 teams.

Everyone could play each other three times (15 games for each side), and the contests would be a better standard.

Clubs who turn up with 16 players and get beaten by 200 points, really it's not much good for the competition anyway. Way too many one sided games in the competition last year. 6 teams, committed to the competition, with good lists is way better.

Then a final four - start with 1 v 2 with winner to go through to GF and 3 v 4 Elim Final first week. Loser of 1 v 2 plays winner 3 v 4 for other GF spot.

Has Point Cook gone to ammos U 19s ??
Apparently they have.
Can you imagine being a divi 2 club where certain u18 players leave to go to a divi 1 club to play u18a. If the league then takes the option of only having one division you would axpect them kids to go back to there original club, but if they dont return you would be then clearing them to play against you. When they only went to play in the u18a division.
The league better pull there fingers out and sort this crap out.
There could be 7 in the divi 2 18s, with
Caro springs
Yarraville
Parkside
Wyndhamvale
Altona 2nd team
St albans 2nd team
Hoppers 2nd team.

Can you imagine being a divi 2 club where certain u18 players leave to go to a divi 1 club to play u18a. If the league then takes the option of only having one division you would axpect them kids to go back to there original club, but if they dont return you would be then clearing them to play against you. When they only went to play in the u18a division.
The league better pull there fingers out and sort this crap out.
There could be 7 in the divi 2 18s, with
Caro springs
Yarraville
Parkside
Wyndhamvale
Altona 2nd team
St albans 2nd team
Hoppers 2nd team.

Good point mate, guys at 18s are leaving in droves as it is, so if the above happens a lot more will just figure its too hard and chuck it in too.

As for people saying EDFL A grade have to have 18s is incorrect.

wrfl 18's is a joke they need to bring back willi and werribee. ALBION,SUNSHINE, NORTH FOOTSCRAY, SPOTSWOOD are all going to be jokes its just going to be hoppers winning the flag easily while altona and st albans battle it out for league bnf

Premiers: Hoppers
League B'nF some hoppers bloke, oshana, ben nortan altona
Most imporved team:................

wrfl 18's is a joke they need to bring back willi and werribee. ALBION,SUNSHINE, NORTH FOOTSCRAY, SPOTSWOOD are all going to be jokes its just going to be hoppers winning the flag easily while altona and st albans battle it out for league bnf

Premiers: Hoppers
League B'nF some hoppers bloke, oshana, ben nortan altona
Most imporved team:................

The Execs of the WRFL made the decision that if you have no seniors you play in B division .... Hence,no willi, werribee, old westbourne and looks like pt cook. This also forced heights and last year glen orden to play A grade. They made their bed, they have to lie in it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spotty a joke? what makes you say that? got some very good players, some of the jets boys are back and have some good players staying down and coming up from the 16's.

will finish top 4

spotswood wont be that flash, they have couple ok players coming up from 16's but from what i hear spotswood 16's were mediocre in a grade. the jets players are the only way spotty will make top 4 as spencer white will play jets all year! bloke is an absolute jet and he wont be allowed to play spotty. Charlie Natasi will also play jets all year, for a bloke that almost won the b'nf at the jets i doubt he'll be allowed to play local footy. Same thing applies with harley walshe. no too sure about patty daley but other than that sporty are a JOKE!

teams with good players that dont play jets will fill that 4th and 5th spot in finals

Hoppers (Even with the jets players they have extremely good depth)
St albans(same as hoppers)
altona(good depth regardless of jets players)
Albion (strong 16's side in b grade and competetive 18's side last year)
Sunshine (toss up but they might be good as none plays jets and were competetive last year)
spotty( will be a toss up between spotty and sunshine but spotty have no depth, ok side last year but all were big bodies)- losses jawad, luke ryan.. few of there better players in 2011

Luke Ryan still eligible to play 18's this year, Daley just about the best overall ruckmen last year, and also will krithararis playing there. Don't write them off at all, will finish 4th.

Anyone know any 18's praccy match scores ?

Great to see, all close matches on the weekend, I feel for players and coaches on the end of hidings at this age group, looks like morale will be good at all clubs that played. Does any one know how Hoppers/Albanvale went ?

Great to see, all close matches on the weekend, I feel for players and coaches on the end of hidings at this age group, looks like morale will be good at all clubs that played. Does any one know how Hoppers/Albanvale went ?

Hoppers by 10 points, went into the last 1/4 only 3 points up and kicking against the wind in the last ran the footy really well 76 to 66.

Will only improve as their was approx 10 players away or injured which are walk up starts. Looks like both the A team and B teams from Hoppers are going to be really strong.

Yes, good result for hoppers, as I thought Albanvale would be one of the fancies this year, though they still could be, as I know Hoppers will always have strong sides.Good to see Yarraville start the season off well, they had a good 16's side last year, so hopefully it's most of these kids that have steps up for them.

Yes, good result for hoppers, as I thought Albanvale would be one of the fancies this year, though they still could be, as I know Hoppers will always have strong sides.Good to see Yarraville start the season off well, they had a good 16's side last year, so hopefully it's most of these kids that have steps up for them.
Website shows only 16 players for Albanvale on the weekend, is that right?

Guys you tend to be underestimating this years competition. St Albans as per usual will be strong along with Hoppers , Altona and also the mighty wooders. I have nothing to do with the u18 competition im just involved in the spotswood football club itself. Spotswood have some good kids people dont no much about and im sure there 16 team will have a few kids step up, like jack cairns who would probably be as big if not bigger than some of you 18 boys. I know hoppers will be strong as they have been added the strength of some weribee 16 boys. St Albans always tend to have a tough team and from what i know Altona want to flip last years result. Standouts for the u18 competition i know of include
(3 from each club)
St Albans -
R. Panetas
D. Gianetti
K. Townsend

Hoppers
Poland
Jago
Muscat

Altona
Di Genova
Ward
Hutcheson

Albion
McPherson
Doherty
Serafin

Spotswood
Krithararis
Wood
Daley

Main teams i know of, but beware of spotswood. Very under estimated side this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back